• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
Henry is spinning in his grave. It's not Small Wonder but I give it a season.

youtu.be

PUNKY BREWSTER Official Trailer (HD) Soleil Moon Frye Reboot Series

PUNKY BREWSTER - COMEDY - 2020 - Soleil Moon FryePunky Brewster is a ten-episode reboot of the 1984 NBC sitcom. Produced by UCP and Universal Television, ori...

tumblr_pdxkzigru51xchfqj60.gif

giphyfsji5.gif

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a reboot. Soleil as a mom will be fun.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the actress back when she was on Sabrina.

Not sure if I really care about seeing the character struggling to raise kids.

Remember the Punky Brewster cartoon where she ran around with a magical leprechaun gopher that had a goatee? How about a sequel to that?

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I would prefer a reboot where Soleil Moon Frye plays Punky Brewster but she's supposed to be the original age of the character, but she's an adult in real life. And she smokes and drinks and stuff.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit! I lied! I've seen that one too! The kid didn't know how to read, right? So they didn't know what to use to help the younger kid that drank the bleach?
I want to say yes, but I think there was a different episode with a kid who couldn't read. She was trading her drawings for help on her school work, and making big bucks off commissions in the 80s.

edit: looks like it's the same episode!

Now it can translate to tide pods. Its timeless.

I'll be disappointed if they don't now. Thanks.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Who asked for this?

I'd rather have a Small Wonder reboot.

I haven't seen Soleil Moon Frye since Sabrina.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I already brought this up in another thread, but we need a Small Wonder and Punky Brewster crossover, with a fully merged TV universe. Not like this trailer though, something a little darker.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It actually got cancelled after 2 seasons on NBC. Then it did two years in syndication. I'm really not sure why they think it has some kind of enduring audience.
Funnily enough I never saw the show but I know who Punky is. I would image most Americans over 30 at least know the name even if they never saw it. It may have name power.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Is Fuller House an enormous hit or something? Seemingly every show on this thing is following that format.
Well Picard seems to be a massive hit for CBS. Granted it was the 90s. It seems like most of these shows do pretty well. I think maybe Girl meets World and X Files did worst than expected in recent memory. That said, I feel like if Girl meets world couldn't cut it, this won't. But maybe since it may be one of the only things to watch on that service for a while it will do better?

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
That is literally the only episode of Punky I've ever seen and I still remember it to this day, lol.
Can't remember anything about this show nor can I ever remember watching it. But, I somehow have that episode ingrained in my brain.

I haven't seen the show in decades, but I can still recall a few episodes. The one that sticks out the most vividly was the episode where Punky & friends get lost in a cave under a Native American curse* (yeah....) which causes all her friends to get picked off one by one and turned into monsters. The one that sticks out was Punky turning around to find her dog turned into a giant stop-motion dog skeleton. That shit was nightmare fuel for 6yo me.

It was all just a dream at the end.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed the actress back when she was on Sabrina.

Not sure if I really care about seeing the character struggling to raise kids.

Remember the Punky Brewster cartoon where she ran around with a magical leprechaun gopher that had a goatee? How about a sequel to that?

Glomer! I can still hear his voice, even though I haven't seen the cartoon since it aired.

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
Totally forgot about this reboot. I grew up watching reruns of this on the Family Channel during the '90s.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Soleil Moon Frye might've been my first crush when I was like five and I saw all of Punky Brewster and the cartoon but yeah, that didn't look great...

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't see how a girl being abandoned by her parents in a grocery store translates into a sitcom.
Apparently the entire show was about Punky dealing with some grim realities. It's basically a series comprised of "very special episodes". It was created during a time when the government mandated that early evening television needed to be educational or informative in some fashion. So there's an episode where she learns CPR, an episode where somebody gets stuck in a fridge, an episode where she deals with the Challenger explosion, etc.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when a teenage Soleil Moon-Frye got a breast reduction and on my playground, children laughed and called her Punky Boobster.

Where is the magical flying bear thing with a beard ?

OFHSQhd.gif
It's GLOMER put some goddamn RESPECT on his name