• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
Miky Sutton is a reliable source. He seems to have leaked multiple things including Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, and knowing about the Disney - Fox deal back in 2015.
unless his psychic abilities allowed him to know about the deal two years before discussions started, that doesn't make him more credible, just makes him someone who guesses shit and tries to claim insider cred when he gets stuff right

edit: come on, this isn't at all what happened

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
General consensus and reviews say no. So I guess they didn't. 🤷‍♂️

General consensus once upon a time was the "romance" in the Andrew Garfield Amazing Spider-Man films was "good". Doesn't change that it wasn't. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah but that's just your opinion. Whats mediocre to you could be amazing to someone else and vice versa.

The plot of the last live action Spider-Man film was literally Mysterio wanted the drones that Tony Stark left to Peter Parker.

Like, wtf is this shit and why is it in a Spider-Man movie? Meanwhile these movies impacted other, better Spider-Man movies, which is why Ganke didn't have any kind of significant role in Into the Spider-Verse.

Nov 27, 2017
California
I can see Daredevil since Peter needs a lawyer but punisher and kingpin would make this already star studded movie more bloated
Sinister 600

Scorpion only had that after credits scene and I'm sure he's in the movie too lol

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017

5bd48d65d4ad0.jpeg

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Dude... JK Simmons hiring Jon Berenthal to hunt down Tom Holland would be friggin cool. Finally some "universes collide" comic book movie shit I can get behind
I've always wanted Kraven to hunt down Spider-man.

And after he captures him, they work together to bring down the real bad of the movie.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've always wanted Kraven to hunt down Spider-man.

And after he captures him, they work together to bring down the real bad of the movie.

If you're going to do Kraven, might as well go all-in and do Kraven's Last Hunt.

(My dream scenario for doing KLH would be to have Kraven as a joke villain for a couple of movies. Build him up. And then do KLH. But I don't think MCU Spider-Man is really built to be able to handle such a story.)

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Screw it, I want a Spiderman movie with kingpin with a daredevil team up where kingpin decides to fund and build the spider slayers. Bring all my 90s Spiderman cartoon memories back

Oct 25, 2017
Other "scoops" on this website. Jennifer Lawrence is confirmed cast to play Sue Storm in an MCU Fantastic Four movie with John Kraniski in top running to be Reed Richards.

Zack Synder has been approached to make Ghost Rider reboot.

Hugh Jackman is going to be in Deadpool 3.

And other such "throw it at the wall see what's actually right" stories.
Never even heard of one of these things nor do I follow Marvel leakers so I assume Era users usually post pretty good leakers with a good traffic record. Happens regularly on the gaming side, I'd assume it would apply for offtopic as well.

No need to be an ass about it.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Not when people straight up hated Iron Fist, pretty much no one is gonna actually be upset at the idea of him being recast

As for Luke, personally I always thought Mike Colter was mediocre acting wise, the only thing he had really going for him was him 100% looking the part. I'm indifferent to the idea of him being recast tbh, especially after the actor showed his ass in the past.

The only peeps that are irreplaceable to me is Daredevil, Kingpin, Punisher, and Jessica Jones.

I mean I thought Iron Fist sucked ass myself so I don't disagree with you at all. I see the Mike Colter thing too although I thought Luke Cage was a lot better. It's just a bit messy, that's all. If this rumour turned out to be true, the situation would be Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Punisher are MCU canon despite being on Netflix. And the rest of the Netflix shows aren't. They're clearly the ones that deserve it but that's a little confusing for the laymen. Or are we thinking they just take the actors as new MCU versions of the characters and the Netflix shows aren't really canon? As we can assume it wouldn't be the case that Disney would mention a Netflix show in any timelines or anything like that. I dunno im just thinking in text form it's probably not real anyway I guess

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Never even heard of one of these things nor do I follow Marvel leakers so I assume Era users usually post pretty good leakers with a good traffic record. Happens regularly on the gaming side, I'd assume it would apply for offtopic as well.

No need to be an ass about it.
You requested more than the other persons word it was fake. So I listed other scoops he had on his last week of articles.

I wasn't trying to be an ass and I apologize for coming off that way.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god they're hanging on to Jon Bernthal as Punisher. Easily the best on-screen Punisher.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
I'm cool with any of the Netflix characters making it into the MCU proper if it means Carol Danvers gets to hang out with 1 of her Jessica's for a movie.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The plot of the last live action Spider-Man film was literally Mysterio wanted the drones that Tony Stark left to Peter Parker.

Like, wtf is this shit and why is it in a Spider-Man movie? Meanwhile these movies impacted other, better Spider-Man movies, which is why Ganke didn't have any kind of significant role in Into the Spider-Verse.

Yeah I don't like raining on people's parades but every announcement and rumor made about this movie makes it sound bloated. Especially after the theme of the first movie was about how it's okay for Pete to be the "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" only for everything to escalate after that. To hoping across worlds in Infinity Wars to doing an international Spy mission for Not!Fury in Far From Home, to now apparently all of this multiverse stuff.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'd be very fine with netflix heroes being MCU, even if like half the seasons were pretty so-so at best.

Ideal situation would be to introduce the multiverse then have the heroes be the MCU versions of those heroes with a clean slate background. Idk if that gets too confusing for viewers tho.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
unless his psychic abilities allowed him to know about the deal two years before discussions started, that doesn't make him more credible, just makes him someone who guesses shit and tries to claim insider cred when he gets stuff right

edit: come on, this isn't at all what happened

Sutton pretending that what he posted in 2015 was reflective of the Fox-Buyout, and then suggests that X-men was going into the MCU in 2020.
Wow.

He's just good at taking fan-casting and spreading it as a rumor.

If it doesn't come true, then 'plans changed'.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Keep the Daredevil and Fisk actors, all the rest can go, don't care. Also if Tobey and Garfield are already in this movie I hope its not a cameo fest where you see 30 seconds each actors and thats it, I want it to be something meaningful out of these characters

demondance

Oct 27, 2017

Still one of the best scenes of... anything

"YES, THE SON OF A BOXER"

D'Onofrio is a fucking legend

Damn I forgot how good this show was at its best. This kind of melodrama is so perfect for Daredevil. It's really more the other shows -- and some weak pacing on Daredevil itself -- that undermined the whole Netflix Marvel run.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Wasting Netflix' Daredevil, Kingpin and Punisher was always a huge huge waste. If they bring them back in any capacity I'll be happy. But during a college years spidey trilogy? It sounds too good to be true. Like someone's blowing smoke up my ass. We will see.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wasting Netflix' Daredevil, Kingpin and Punisher was always a huge huge waste. If they bring them back in any capacity I'll be happy. But during a college years spidey trilogy? It sounds too good to be true. Like someone's blowing smoke up my ass. We will see.

How were they wasted?

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think without hyperbole that THAT scene is better than anything the MCU has ever done.