• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Sketchy source but I'd love if it were true. Making a street-level NYC set of movies would be really cool.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
If Matt and Fisk return, which I honestly think they will (not trusting this rumour tho), I sure hope they bring Karen and Foggy back too. They were such a big part of that show's heart.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Problem you run into is that Luke Cage and Iron Fist end their shows' runs in very complicated places. Like... doesn't IF S2 end with him... not having his powers anymore? Or like Colleen Wing gets them or something?

Whereas something like Punisher or Daredevil end in a pretty clean spot.

If they're going to admit to any kind of continuity with those shows instead of just "multiversing it", there's shit they have to clean up. Or they introduce a new Luke Cage/Iron First as a Heroes for Hire show or something.
Colleen Wing is the Iron Fist, and he has damn Iron Fist guns, it was badass lol.
I actually really enjoyed both seasons, I think people are too harsh on that actor as Iron Fist.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
BS rumor or not, D'Onofrio HAS to come back. They can't waste what he did with the character.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
YEESSS

LET JON BERNTHAL COOK

LET CHARLIE COX COOK

LET THEM BOYS PICK IT RIGHT BACK UP ON D+ MCU

Lol I want Bernthal to get his job back soooooo bad, that nigga dope lol

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Keeping Cox, D'onofrio, Bernthal = yes
Losing Colter and Jones = yes
Keeping Ritter = eeeeh, no thanks. I want Bendis's Alias, not the insufferable take we got in that show.

Fuck yeah!! Fuuuuck yeah!! I hope if this is true, it takes a page from the Ultimate Spider-Man comics, Peter's interactions with Kingpin in those were soooo good from what I remember. Man I fuckin love the MCU and getting to have all the different Marvel characters crossing over everywhere. The crazy sons of bitches did it! Really hope this is true :D

1897583-kingpin_angry_ultimate_spiderman_53.jpg

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I know Cox and D'Onofrio are locked in as their characters, but please also keep Berenthal.

All three were perfect casting.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Ritters version pf Jones is one of the best characters in the MCU. Hard disagree.

As a fan of Bendis's character from her start in Alias, through his Daredevil run, to The Pulse, and all the way to the Avengers Annual where she gets married, I thought the Netflix show was an abomination. Right up there with AMC's Preacher as the worst adaptation of a comic book I've ever suffered through.

If an MCU director can completely reboot her character, great. But if she remains the same as her Netflix version....ugh.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
As a fan of Bendis's character from her start in Alias, through his Daredevil run, to The Pulse, and all the way to the Avengers Annual where she gets married, I thought the Netflix show was an abomination. Right up there with AMC's Preacher as the worst adaptation of a comic book I've ever suffered through.

If an MCU director can completely reboot her character, great. But if she remains the same as her Netflix version....ugh.

It's not a faithful interpretation, but as an actual character I absolutely loved her. She was the best kind of mess. The original version felt pretty bland by comparison.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
It's not a faithful interpretation, but as an actual character I absolutely loved her. She was the best kind of mess. The original version felt pretty bland by comparison.

Thinking on it more, if this rumour pans out, I think all the Netflix characters will feel different in order to fit the MCU universe. What people cynically call the 'MCU formula' I simply call 'tone' and 'consistency'. The characters have to feel like they all share the same universe, and so I think Netflix actors like Bernthal and Ritter will adjust their performances according to Feige's vision.

I don't think it'll be obvious, they're not going to start throwing Whedon style quips every second, but there'll be a subtle difference for sure.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Problem you run into is that Luke Cage and Iron Fist end their shows' runs in very complicated places. Like... doesn't IF S2 end with him... not having his powers anymore? Or like Colleen Wing gets them or something?

Whereas something like Punisher or Daredevil end in a pretty clean spot.

If they're going to admit to any kind of continuity with those shows instead of just "multiversing it", there's shit they have to clean up. Or they introduce a new Luke Cage/Iron First as a Heroes for Hire show or something.

I really wouldn't mind if they just let Colleen be the permanent Iron Fist.

/Danny decided to focus on becoming a capitalist overload with the Meachum siblings and were never seen again.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Charlie Cox and Vincent D'onofrio were so good in their roles,I want them to keep them

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
Gonna echo what a lot of others have said in here. Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio were spot on casting for DD and Kingpin. I've been hoping to see them brought into the MCU fold. Honestly, I think Cox needs his own MCU-led film. I know this is just a rumor (and a sketchy one at that, based on the source's track record) but I'll allow myself to hope a little bit here.

Jon Bernthal was a good Punisher, too. So I'd definitely be OK seeing him reprise the role. The other Marvel show leads were hit or miss, so honestly I wouldn't be all to upset if they were recast. Then again I was never really into any of them in the comics.

Also, Holland's Spidey reminds me of my son so I'll always have a soft spot for him lol. His movies are all fun. It would be interesting to see him interacting with these other characters in a new trilogy.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
We need more than you telling us it's fake man.
Other "scoops" on this website. Jennifer Lawrence is confirmed cast to play Sue Storm in an MCU Fantastic Four movie with John Kraniski in top running to be Reed Richards.

Zack Synder has been approached to make Ghost Rider reboot.

Hugh Jackman is going to be in Deadpool 3.

And other such "throw it at the wall see what's actually right" stories.

I actually would like a full trilogy of Holland's Peter playing off these versions of Kingpin, Punisher, and Daredevil. Together they might be the perfect ensemble.

In particular, Bernthal's Punisher might work best in the MCU as a secondary or tertiary protagonist. It's hard to make him the lead without going extremely dark. His Punisher is REALLY fucking punished. He'd be good as a dark and threatening element others have to deal with however.

Based on Feige's past remarks, it does sound like they'd treat the Netflix shows like The Incredible Hulk. "Mythos" canon, informing the characters, but details open to revision as needed.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
The_Amazing_Spider-Man_vol_1-129_%28Feb._1974%29.png

Please please.

I was also actually never a fan of the show myself, and I thought the first season in particular was largely overrated and a major case of a whole being far lesser than the sum of its parts. However I always thought Ritter's performance was more a consequence of the show's bad writing and plotting than anything else, the intended tragic "shuts the world out and keeps screwing herself for it" angle getting stretched so thin that she comes off as idiotically insufferable. I thought she was a lot better in the more focused Defenders, and I'd hope that in the MCU proper's more clearly focused stories that she'd do better.

Regardless of the rumor I imagine there's a pile of "keeps" and "don't keeps" for all the non-Marvel Studios actors, those that are worth bringing them back to reprise and those that can be swiftly recast. And it wouldn't surprise me in general if Ritter was in the former and Colter and Jones were in the latter.

(The Jessica Jones series is also probably a better candidate for wanting a stronger reboot overall, chiefly because of what it did to Patsy Walker/Hellcat. 😬)

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So this is the 2nd or 3rd "leak" about DD. Please be real!
And if Kingpin is in, it must be D'Onofrio.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Probably just more bullshit thrown at the wall for likes, but I'd be great to see Murdock and Kingpin in the MCU. Fuck Punisher, though.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
I think this leaker tried to add his bullshit with legit rumors.

Charlie Cox's Daredevil will be back in MCU is true, not sure about Kingpin and Punisher. Jessica may appear in She-hulk.
New college Spiderman trilogy is fake.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This is really intriguing to think about.

the difference in tone between , say Far From Home, and Daredevil season 2 seems impossible to mitigate. But man it would be cool to see the kid up against some folks Who give no fucks, like King Pin and Punisher.

rafox

Apr 28, 2020
Daredevil is amazing, the Punisher and Kingpin are amazing characters too, I will jizz my pants if they are included in the MCU.

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia, PA, USA
As much as I'd love for these rumors to be true, I'm pretty dubious on this source. But I DO really hope the Netflix actors get to keep showing up in new movies and shows. I know the characters were left in complicated places at the end of their series, but that was before Infinity War and a five-year time jump that can easily serve as a reset. Like Luke is running Harlem, gets blipped, comes back and there's a new boss in town and he needs to clean up again. Easy peasy. Also I'd love to see Shang Chi clowning on Danny at some point, lol

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Dude... JK Simmons hiring Jon Berenthal to hunt down Tom Holland would be friggin cool. Finally some "universes collide" comic book movie shit I can get behind

Oct 29, 2017
Rumors are that Jessica Jones, DareDevil, Punisher and Kingpin will all be their original actors. Luke Cage and Iron Fist will be getting a recast.

I'm sad to hear about Luke Cage getting recast (didn't care for Iron Fist so no sweat there), but DAMN am I excited that the rumors are that they are keeping the original actors for Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and (especially) Punisher. Jon is SUCH a good Punisher, I would hate to see him recast.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in only because I want more Punisher (with Jon Bernthal), but I am skeptical because the character needs a rated-R environment to work properly.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see the Netflix cast return. Charlie Cox, Vince and Jon were amazing.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm sad to hear about Luke Cage getting recast (didn't care for Iron Fist so no sweat there), but DAMN am I excited that the rumors are that they are keeping the original actors for Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and (especially) Punisher. Jon is SUCH a good Punisher, I would hate to see him recast.
Didn't the actor post some questionable shit about Trump or "both sides" or what not? It's been ages but i remember it was a pretty bad take and might have cost him future work.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I liked Mike Colter as Luke, but I would also accept Michael Jai White. Assuming there's truth to this rumor, of course.

Edit: Did Colter do some shit? I just noticed his Twitter was deleted.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Didn't the actor post some questionable shit about Trump or "both sides" or what not? It's been ages but i remember it was a pretty bad take and might have cost him future work.

I liked Mike Colter as Luke, but I would also accept Michael Jai White. Assuming there's truth to this rumor, of course.

Edit: Did Colter do some shit? I just noticed his Twitter was deleted.

Ariana Grande got groped one time, and he made a joke about it.

www.digitalspy.com

Luke Cage star apologises for Ariana Grande tweet

Mike Colter said sorry for appearing to make light of the incident.

Colter, who plays Luke in the Netflix superhero show, retweeted a screengrab of the moment and captioned it: "Now THIS is how you shoot your shot! Zero FCKS!!"