• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

*Also coming to PS4 but delayed due to external factors.

Pumpkin Jack is a Spooky Scary 3D platformer in which you embody Jack, the Mythical Pumpkin Lord! Dive into an Epic Adventure through otherworldly landscapes and help the Evil annihilate the Good!

Travel through epic and dramatic settings, with each level having its own eerie atmosphere. Using a vibrant palette and high quality lighting effects, Pumpkin Jack invents its own unique cartoon universe inspired by the classic PS2 graphic style.

You will have to master the arts of dodging, timing and movement to vanquish Jack's foes. During the dynamic real time battles, choose which weapon you want to use and strike at the critical moment! Solve puzzles that focus on physics, gravity and reflection. Inhabit a pumpkin head and burn books, hammer some moles, create a path for magic spheres… But also more!

New demo coming to Steam on October 9th as well.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wary of indie games that go for full 3D, but I hope this one is good. I love spooky style games.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool! Is there a reason the PS4 version is omitted though, seeing as it's pretty much on every other platform?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
You forgot PS4 from the platforms list. Had to double check because I thought it was odd they would make a PS2-inspired game and not release on PS4

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Finally! I was waiting for a release date for a long time!

It was also featured on the french indie direct a couple of month ago

This trailer show off more of the plateforming

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty good from the bit of gameplay in the trailer. Wishlisted for now. Hope it's good!

Dang mainly made by one dude too.

Last edited:

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Is it no longer coming to PS4? It would probably play well there given its inspirations and all.

Looks fun nonetheless.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
You forgot PS4 from the platforms list. Had to double check because I thought it was odd they would make a PS2-inspired game and not release on PS4

It was announced for PS4 but that console isn't included in the trailer. Perhaps that version is delayed? Still looking into it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks a decent bit more polished than I expected, color me intrigued.

Looking around it also appears to be from a solo developer, very impressive feat.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of looks like a modern Medievil with the polish & gameplay improvements that you'd expect from a 3d-action-platformer game in 2020.

Oct 24, 2019
Remember seeing this a while ago, it's looking more solid now.

Love the premise, and we could always use more platformers in the vein of the PS2 trifecta! Hope it reviews well.

PS. give us MediEvil 2 remake and then MediEvil 3 Sony

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Neat trailer. I was getting Zombies Ate My Neighbors vibes, which is a good thing. Does anyone know if the game supports co-op, 2 players?

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_inline_pb5ne6OwSy1un8abg_400.gif

Just in time for Halloween.

Party time!

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool! Is there a reason the PS4 version is omitted though, seeing as it's pretty much on every other platform?
Is it no longer coming to PS4? It would probably play well there given its inspirations and all.

Looks fun nonetheless.
Nice, will buy when it gets a PS4 release.

I emailed Headup about it earlier this morning and am still waiting on a response.

Jinaar

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton AB
Hola that looks great, thanks for informing us. Gameplay looks smooth and responsive, from the jumping to the combat. Wishlisting as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.