• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
My partner is obsessed with this whole scandal. He's never liked Roselló...I saw some of the live footage of the news guys riding with the motorcyclists into Old San Juan, and a guy on horseback is riding alongside...reminded me of this Haha

vIwahfu.gif

OP
OP
Relix

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Proud of my people. Hope they are ready for a Round 3 because it's definitely happening.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Proud of my people. Hope they are ready for a Round 3 because it's definitely happening.
I read somewhere that round 3 is coming Friday... And they will protest in the PR22 highway coming into San Juan of all places. If they can get at least 25k people into that road, expect more pandemonium on Friday. Meanwhile today protests will take place in Aguadilla and Aguada downtown. Plus today is game 5 of the Superior Basketball League Finals in Aguada.... Quite a recipe for disaster.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Somehow over 50 weapons and 4000 bullets are missing from one of the police stations this morning. Someone left a message outside
" Ricky renuncia plata o plomo"
which pretty much means "Retire or Death"

This screams Inside job to me. Like I said, this is getting started. Old San Juan looks like a different place this morning.

Last edited:

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
Keep fighting y'all. Really don't want y'all to lose your home.

Our home has been lost to foreign interest for decades now. This isn't going to change that.

If Puerto Rico's debt is cleaned. If the oversight board relents, we might get somewhere. But if there's rot from the outside and from within, then nothing can change.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hope heads will roll after this. Not literally, but some kneecaps and bones should get broken for sure. Despicable maggots...

OP
OP
Relix

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
In a live message just aired the governor said he's not running for re-election and that he will face on the possible impeachment from the House and Senate, which are both controlled by his party. He will not resign to his current position as governor of PR though.

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

Jokes aside ( kinda), I am actually proud that our people actually banded together to make a difference, gave me some hope that the next election will actually be different.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
This is a political power play. Ricky knows that they can't impeach him because the Senate President will NOT confirm Justice Secretary Wanda Vazquez because the President hates her guts and he wants to run for the Governor representing the PNP party in 2020. Ricky wants to end his term as Governor so he can get that juicy pension.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is a political power play. Ricky knows that they can't impeach him because the Senate President will NOT confirm Justice Secretary Wanda Vazquez because the President hates her guts and he wants to run for the Governor representing the PNP party in 2020. Ricky wants to end his term as Governor so he can get that juicy pension.

Yep. He is going to hold to get his pension.
My concern is the state of the island. What happens now? This is going to get worst.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I find it hilarious that Trump exposed the corruption from the place even though they are from the same party. Shows that he has no strategy other than bashing anyone who doesn't show absolute loyalty to him.

Wish the place the best and hope that the San Juan mayor becomes governor.

UltimusXI

Oct 27, 2017
This needs way more media attention. It's incredible how many people there are protesting.
Yeah, weird how this is only three pages, while here in the Netherlands it is a top story currently (https://nos.nl/artikel/2294633-protesten-tegen-gouverneur-puerto-rico-nog-intensiever.html). I had to search to find this old topic

When it comes to Trump, everyone is calling for protests, yet when people actually do protest about stuff that sounds pretty important and big to me, it's apparently not so interesting. Maybe other media do cover it a lot in the US?

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

"I have support"

He mentions 1 mayor on top of his head. That mayor doesn't support him.

This is just embarrassing now. Throw the towel.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Protesters clashing with police again in Old San Juan.
.. And it won't stop. Already they are organizing yet another mass protest for this week. And tomorrow there are protests around the island (including Ramey of all places 😳). I've never seen Puerto Rico more pissed. This is beautiful. #Rickyrenuncia

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Another major protest announced for Thursday with even more celebs joining. I thought Rosello said he had "support"

:-/

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Paso Fino horse and this image showed up in one of our Facebook groups.

nYUMzJb.jpg

I also have a video of several hundred riders heading to the protest. If I can figure out how to get it off Facebook, I will post it. Edit: hopefully this works. It is badass.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all killing it. Keep going! It's inspiring seeing people actually take matters in their hands and walking the walk.

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There are strong rumors among the people that I know and some journalist that he will resign sometime between tomorrow and thursday. I doubt he will, but I would welcome it should he do it. He should step down take the L and face any and all federal charges they can put on him for scamming us here in PR.

I also hope that the other corrupt career politicians get taken down as collateral damage.

OP
OP
Relix

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
There are strong rumors among the people that I know and some journalist that he will resign sometime between tomorrow and thursday. I doubt he will, but I would welcome it should he do it. He should step down take the L and face any and all federal charges they can put on him for scamming us here in PR.

I also hope that the other corrupt career politicians get taken down as collateral damage.
I am hearing this too. It's just a rumor but it's the first indication he's giving up. Guess the constant protests and the atrocious Fox News interview just killed him. He has no team as well.

OP
OP
Relix

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Extremely strong rumors that IT IS HAPPENING very soon. The governor should be resigning. I am in Orlando but I'll go party like there's no tomorrow if it happens.

Oct 27, 2017
Extremely strong rumors that IT IS HAPPENING very soon. The governor should be resigning. I am in Orlando but I'll go party like there's no tomorrow if it happens.

Do either of the two major parties have anyone who can articulate a new future for the island?

Even if the debt restructuring doesn't overwhelm the working people, what does--or should--the economy look like in 10-20 years?

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
It will happen before the weekend is here. Now, how the negotiations end is the real question here, as some BIG players are moving in the background to try and secure their place in the new government.