• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Headed by Glen Schofield (Dead Space, Gex 3)

Creating an "original narrative experience in the PUBG universe"

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is honestly not a bad idea at all. PUBG may be a generic military setting in many ways, but its tactical gameplay that spawned off from ArmA could make for an interesting and potentially spectacular war game. If that's what they're building, that is.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Striking_distance.jpg

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Why in the PUBG Universe? Glen being involved though has me very interested.

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I.....uh....huh. This actually sounds like a kind of cool idea? Didn't know how down I was for some kinda expanded PUBG universe until now.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
This is honestly not a bad idea at all. PUBG may be a generic military setting in many ways, but its tactical gameplay that spawned off from ArmA could make for an interesting and potentially spectacular war game. If that's what they're building, that is.

I just can't see that engine delivering a slick campaign mode. Admittedly it may all be different tech. Curious to see what comes from this in 3 years though.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Headed by Glen Schofield (Dead Space, Gex 3)

Creating an "original narrative experience in the PUBG universe"

Crediting Schofield like this will never not be funny to me.

Im interested in seeing what this game might end up being. If it just ends up being a linear third person shooter, it misses the point I think.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to see how welding mask man found his frying pan

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PUBG Universe? What universe is this? Store Bought Asset Universe?

On a serious note, they have to refine PUBG's gameplay and make it not so janky. It works as a fun MP game, but not on a story based one.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a narrative driven battle royale action game/adventure/rpg ala Battle Royale and Hunger Games maybe? That could be cool.

Put some actual production values into it and it could be amazing.