• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I started yesterday morning and I'm taking my time with it. I'm in love with it. The hub world is amazing, the characters are distinct and hilarious, the art style and music are superlative, and overall I'm just fully invested in a game like I haven't been in a long time.

Psychonauts 1 is in my Top 10 of all time but I may have to swap it out for this before all is said and done. I'm actually very glad Microsoft picked up DF here and allowed them to polish the game to this point it released here. DF and Tim had their overall vision completed and there is something wonderful about that.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Got 1000/1000. Figment hunting is still kind of shit. It would be neat if there was a post-game item that worked like a radar or something.

I was stuck on this one too. Found a coconut and banana in the trees then couldn't find anything else. Check
near the exploding plants next to Truman.
Those were the ones I was missing.

My final missing one ended up being the last one you described, thanks for the tip!

And PSA for anyone else going for 100%, unfortunately a figment's shape isn't always a great clue for where it appears in a level.

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Are transitions a bit choppy for anyone else on PC? Like often hitching a bit during the first seconds of a new cutscene or area, or during a loading animation. Game is installed on an SATA SSD.

Like this transition into the second tutorial level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXM-N0j7Yg&t=567
rather than this: https://youtu.be/qIlwZC9z8Qk?t=4562

and during the cutscene right after the intro level the frame rate was low for like 2 seconds.

I'm not surprised that it's optimized for the Xbox Series X, of course, mostly curious if it can be that smooth on PC too, perhaps with a faster NVMe SSD?
Yes it's a known issue for the PC version. Fix coming soon acc to DF. I have been waiting quite impatiently for it lol.

Played Psy 1 till Milkman level and mind is kinda blown by this point. I mean there is certainly some jank and dated elements for sure but the writing is top-tier and the game just has a lot of heart and soul to it which is undeniably charming. At this point I'm ready to just watch the remaining story bits and jump into 2 though. I played it for like 5 mins just to see what the hype is about and it already looks like a work of art and a massive improvement over the original.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Spoiler for one of the last levels (do we need to spoil the names of characters you enter?)

How do you get to the upper area of the first section of Cassie's level? I can see there's a bunch of figments up there…

The giant globe/ chandelier moves a little when I walk on it, I'm wondering if I'm supposed to make it swing until it reaches up there?

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I feel that outside of the boss fights they could have done away with regular combat and not lost anything.

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Spoiler for one of the last levels (do we need to spoil the names of characters you enter?)

How do you get to the upper area of the first section of Cassie's level? I can see there's a bunch of figments up there…

The giant globe/ chandelier moves a little when I walk on it, I'm wondering if I'm supposed to make it swing until it reaches up there?

There's a switch on the ground that raises the chandelier temporarily, use your newfound power on it.

Baybob

Oct 4, 2019
God damn the music is so good! I beat the game yesterday and the music has been living in my head ever Sense.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
man, fuck the duffel bag tag in the bowling level. I scoured the entire level head to toe 3 times before I gave up and looked it up. I remember catching that fucking figment above the O, making sure not to fall in and not thinking anything more of it, because I assumed it was a normal "put the collectable over the bottomless pit" thing and it turns out if you fall in you land on a building in perpendicular gravity.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
There's a switch on the ground that raises the chandelier temporarily, use your newfound power on it.

Thanks! I'm glad I decided to go back to collect stuff, I missed some cool dialogue up there.

Just the final two levels to go. I'm going to get everything at this point regardless, but is there a reward for getting 100% like in the first game?

Is there not a way to rewatch cutscenes without playing through the game again? That's disappointing if you can't. I guess there's alway

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
man, fuck the duffel bag tag in the bowling level. I scoured the entire level head to toe 3 times before I gave up and looked it up. I remember catching that fucking figment above the O, making sure not to fall in and not thinking anything more of it, because I assumed it was a normal "put the collectable over the bottomless pit" thing and it turns out if you fall in you land on a building in perpendicular gravity.

To be fair there's also a pretty conspicuous platform sticking out under the "Joe's" sign that leads to that area, that's how I found it. Didn't even know you could get to it the way you described.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Never played more than a few hours of the first, but pumped about 17 hours into this one before seeing the credits just a bit ago. What a phenomenal game.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Losing my mind trying to find the last figment in the Sensorium. It's just a generic plant, the second figment on page 2. It could be literally anywhere and it's the last thing I need for the plat.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have one figment left in Loboto's level. Is one hidden in a particularly tricky area?

G Status Ray

Oct 31, 2017
Just finished it. As a complete package it's absolutely GOTY material. However, I did think it dragged on a bit for my tastes. In all fairness I have other games I'm wanting to get to so some of it is on me but I kind of stopped caring about collecting everything in the later levels. I also got bored of combat and turned the extra damage on in the assists just to speed things along a touch.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Easily GOTY for me so far.

Have just reached the Quarry and everything about this game so far has that early LucasArts magic that I've missed so much. I was expecting it to be good but this has far surpassed my expectations. Its so clear that this game was a labour of love for the team at Double Fine.

I really hope this does numbers so we can continue seeing this level of imagination and creativity from the studio in the future.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Losing my mind trying to find the last figment in the Sensorium. It's just a generic plant, the second figment on page 2. It could be literally anywhere and it's the last thing I need for the plat.

It's amazing to me that if a figment is one of a kind, it doesn't show up at all on the figment tracker until you find it. After you clear a brain's story, all undiscovered figments should be listed on the tracker and grayed out so that players know what they're missing.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm taking my time with this, and about 7h in, I'm only in the second full mind/world. Spent a lot of time messing around in the quarry and the surrounding areas.

It feels great, looks great and is a joy to play.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Just got done beating it and listening to the post game conversations, loved it. Worth the 15+ year wait. My only big complaint was that the areas were too similar visually compared to the first game.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Finished it and most definetly my GOTY so far, i dont even mind the combat being what it is, its just there and thats fine

Great writing and just impeccable style and level design, really enjoyed my time with it

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Love it.

Didn't click for me initially, partially due to the powers being not fixed to set triggers. I was really struggling to know which power to use for which scenario. But as soon as I decided for myself that I had my preferred allocations for each trigger, the game settled much better. Platforming can sometimes be a bit unforgiving, specifically jumping onto a rope can be less sticky than it should be. I've had more death through the fault of the game itself than I should have. But the writing and world building is wonderful.

Just finished the festival level with Jack Black . One of the best levels I've played in years.

Another thing I loved was the fact that you actually acquired things like photo mode rather than have them straight away. Just added a little extra to the sense of progression.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Is there any way to replay levels, rather than just revisit them?

I frustratingly didn't unlock the last prize box on Ram It Down and now seemingly can't unicorn it when I return.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Sheesh, this game is YUGE

If I'm at the astrolathe, having just removed the bees and the roots, am I near the end?

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Just in case its near where mine was, check mouth and nose's starting area.

Sheesh, this game is YUGE

If I'm at the astrolathe, having just removed the bees and the roots, am I near the end?

Thats the 2nd point of no return. Next chance to do side stuff is post game mop up. (You can't get back to the previous areas yet anyway)

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Yea, having a figment radar would be great. As would just marking out the collectible count in SUB LEVELS of levels. That said, I found the last few I was missing by running through youtube videos on double speed.

Unfortunately, I think you can find that figment in a few places, maybe even one in each location? If you're talking about the one with 6. lol I used this video:
www.youtube.com

Psychonauts 2 Psi King's Sensorium 100% Walkthrough (All Collectible Locations)

Timestamps: Figment #1-17 00:00Purse Tag 00:29Figment #18-34Half-A-Brain 01:13Figment #35 01:19Figment #36-57 01:36Half-A-Mind #2 03:37Figment #58-67 03:53Nu...

Maybe you missed the one in the woods? Near the top of the falls? [19:00] There's one on the main path of the vision shrine. [4:00] Saw one in concession stands [10:40] Right at the start of Mouth/Nose shrine [12:11] Another one further in [13:51] And right at the end at [16:30]
Woo. That was unnecessary. But fun in its own way, I guess XD.

Lemrik

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I really really like the game so far.
But for my taste there are to many cutscenes. I´m like "let me plaaaaaay already" all the time.
It feels like I didn´t play for 15min at a time without getting interrupted.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Just in case its near where mine was, check mouth and nose's starting area.
Yea, having a figment radar would be great. As would just marking out the collectible count in SUB LEVELS of levels. That said, I found the last few I was missing by running through youtube videos on double speed.

Unfortunately, I think you can find that figment in a few places, maybe even one in each location? If you're talking about the one with 6. lol I used this video:
www.youtube.com

Psychonauts 2 Psi King's Sensorium 100% Walkthrough (All Collectible Locations)

Timestamps: Figment #1-17 00:00Purse Tag 00:29Figment #18-34Half-A-Brain 01:13Figment #35 01:19Figment #36-57 01:36Half-A-Mind #2 03:37Figment #58-67 03:53Nu...

Maybe you missed the one in the woods? Near the top of the falls? [19:00] There's one on the main path of the vision shrine. [4:00] Saw one in concession stands [10:40] Right at the start of Mouth/Nose shrine [12:11] Another one further in [13:51] And right at the end at [16:30]
Woo. That was unnecessary. But fun in its own way, I guess XD.
Thank you both, it did end up being the one at the start of the Mouth/Nose portion. Made me so mad when I saw it cause I had JUST gone back and re-examined that area like an hour earlier lol. I've got the plat now.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to Hans for generously gifting me a copy of the game! Looking forward to playing this, I loved the original.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Thats the 2nd point of no return. Next chance to do side stuff is post game mop up. (You can't get back to the previous areas yet anyway)

Thanks guys, roughly how long would you say I have left? I think I could only squeeze in about an hour today and I'd rather see the ending in full rather than stopping half way through.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Thanks guys, roughly how long would you say I have left? I think I could only squeeze in about an hour today and I'd rather see the ending in full rather than stopping half way through.
Without getting spoilery, I'll just say that the end sequence after that part went on a bit longer than I was expecting. If you want to fully explore and get as many collectibles as possible on your first run through, I'd guess at it taking longer than an hour.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017

One hour won't be enough. I would save at least 2~3 hours for it. Probably more, especially if you want to take your time. And yeah you should not rush the ending arc of the game, it really deserves to be taken at a slow pace.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Without getting spoilery, I'll just say that the end sequence after that part went on a bit longer than I was expecting. If you want to fully explore and get as many collectibles as possible on your first run through, I'd guess at it taking longer than an hour.

One hour won't be enough. I would save at least 2~3 hours for it. Probably more, especially if you want to take your time. And yeah you should not rush the ending arc of the game, it really deserves to be taken at a slow pace.

Noted, thanks for the heads up! I think the game may be straying into "too long" territory, but I'm sure I'll be in the minority with that opinion.

Oct 28, 2017
Another aspect that's worse than the first game is collectibles. What I mean by that is that in the original it would tell you how many things there were to get in any single area of a level. Gave you something to narrow down when cleaning up. This game just tells you how many for the whole level, giving you no clue what kind of area you need to be searching.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Another aspect that's worse than the first game is collectibles. What I mean by that is that in the original it would tell you how many things there were to get in any single area of a level. Gave you something to narrow down when cleaning up. This game just tells you how many for the whole level, giving you no clue what kind of area you need to be searching.

Yeah, it's baffling they removed that feature when it was already in the first game. I doubt it's a priority but maybe if people ask it can be added in an update.

Astronomer

Aug 22, 2019
Now Tim Shafer must add an "Abandoned's Cospiracy level" into the first DLC. That will be cool.
Jokes aside, this game is pure genius mixed with fun and superb style.

People let themselves be deceived by the cheerful tones of the game, in reality it deals with very serious and important issues

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm in Green Needle Gulch now, partway through Bob's Bottles as of my last play break. Am I getting near the end of the game? I didn't exactly do everything I wanted to do yet and there's missing spaces on both the PSI Power and map screens so it looks like there's gotta be more...?

I felt like repairing Ford's brain was the midpoint of the game going in - like taking the boat to the Asylum island in the first game - but lately it's starting to feel more like that was the climax instead? Did I rush?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
So I'm in Green Needle Gulch now, partway through Bob's Bottles as of my last play break. Am I getting near the end of the game? I didn't exactly do everything I wanted to do yet and there's missing spaces on both the PSI Power and map screens so it looks like there's gotta be more...?

I felt like repairing Ford's brain was the midpoint of the game going in - like taking the boat to the Asylum island in the first game - but lately it's starting to feel more like that was the climax instead? Did I rush?
You've got a bit to go, but you're at the tail end.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You've got a bit to go, but you're at the tail end.

That makes me sad. I'm really enjoying myself and I want more. I don't usually feel this way about games but I absolutely could keep playing for like five or six more brains without getting worn out.

I hope they do DLC. I don't know how they'd do it but I hope they do.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

You are getting close, yes, but assuming that Bob is the first world you've done in the Gulch, you still have some more worlds ahead of you with one being on the lengthier side.

Tyrion33

Mar 17, 2021
The colors in the Level are completely insane on a series x

I was already digging the game but now Im
Hooked.
This is the most creative platform game I have ever played and that's saying something.