• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scubamonk

Oct 30, 2017
Movie was great, but it wasn't enough. Now I just miss Psych all over again. Hopefully there's more movies.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
"The only thing that we know that they were able to take was Inspector Sloane's dongle."

"Oh my god."

"It's not what you think."

"It's exactly what I think, Gus. These people are monsters and they must be stopped."

"A dongle, is a security device."

"Sure, for some people."

"You stick it in your computer."

"Not my computer, not since high school, Jules, back me up on this."

Cinco

Oct 27, 2017
Just caught this on the USA app since I was on a road trip when it dropped and I didn't see any repeat airings. Gus is a national treasure.

Also - the app has it free without a login, and has 10 second commercials sprinkled throughout if anyone else missed it.

Akai.

Oct 25, 2017
I watched this yesterday, you'd think the show never went off air. Felt like I was watching a long episode of psych. I hope they really do yearly movies cause I really enjoyed this.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
"The only thing that we know that they were able to take was Inspector Sloane's dongle."

"Oh my god."

"It's not what you think."

"It's exactly what I think, Gus. These people are monsters and they must be stopped."

"A dongle, is a security device."

"Sure, for some people."

"You stick it in your computer."

"Not my computer, not since high school, Jules, back me up on this."
This and the... 12? point turn on the way out of the asylum were my favorite bits.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This movie was everything I could have hoped for. It was hilarious, the plot was interesting, and the characters seemed to have developed realistically.

I want more Psych so badly, I hope it leads to a comeback!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it. I was smiling like an idiot the entire way through. How did they pick up exactly where they left off without missing a beat?

Only thing it was missing was more Lassie, but considering the circumstances it was nice to have him pop up the way he did. Hopefully Omundson's recovery is going well.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Movie was perfectly good for hitting that Psych fix, but I didn't like Shawn's slapstick chase at the beginning until he got to Gus.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
They need to put Psych on a streaming service

It WAS on Netflix once. I remember being furious when they took it off. With my luck, they'll end up putting it up on Hulu, since I don't have a subscription to that service.

Did Chief Vick always have a daughter? I don't remember her ever talking about being a mom before, and Iris is too old to have been born since (or while) the show was running originally.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It WAS on Netflix once. I remember being furious when they took it off. With my luck, they'll end up putting it up on Hulu, since I don't have a subscription to that service.

Did Chief Vick always have a daughter? I don't remember her ever talking about being a mom before, and Iris is too old to have been born since (or while) the show was running originally.
She was pregnant in one of the early seasons

jacket

Oct 25, 2017

The Chief was pregnant in the first episode of the first season IIRC

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The Chief was pregnant in the first episode of the first season IIRC

Cool. As long as it's supported in the original run, it works for me. Seeing full rage-mode Vick was worth the momentary confusion, anyway.

I just saw the ratings for the episode too, which is amazing news. Hopefully we get Despereaux and more Lassie next time around.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally watched this tonight.. Man it felt good to be back. That theme intro.. God I missed these characters.

Glad to hear it did well

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
God this movie was great. I'm probably going to resume my rewatch of the series.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I know, thought it'd be up on Hulu by now though.

Netflix has the right of USA TV shows like Burn Notice and Blue Collar (except for Mr Robot, Amazon has it), Hulu doesn't have any USA shows. Absence of Psych is really puzzling, I really understand why it was pulled from streaming. Weird move.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix has the right of USA TV shows like Burn Notice and Blue Collar (except for Mr Robot, Amazon has it), Hulu doesn't have any USA shows. Absence of Psych is really puzzling, I really understand why it was pulled from streaming. Weird move.
Maybe it's because of the different production companies?

Burn Notice and White Collar are from Fox Television studios, Mr Robot is from Universal Cable Productions, and Psych is from NBC Universal (and also Universal Cable Productions?)

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's because of the different production companies?

Burn Notice and White Collar are from Fox Television studios, Mr Robot is from Universal Cable Productions, and Psych is from NBC Universal (and also Universal Cable Productions?)
So why isn't it on (partly) Universal owned Hulu?

The fact that it isn't on any streaming service is frustrating and baffling.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
So why isn't it on (partly) Universal owned Hulu?

The fact that it isn't on any streaming service is frustrating and baffling.
hell if i know, the whole streaming rights thing is a mess right now, with three major "general" services in Amazon, Hulu and Netflix, plus everybody trying to start their own thing for their own shows.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
hell if i know, the whole streaming rights thing is a mess right now, with three major "general" services in Amazon, Hulu and Netflix, plus everybody trying to start their own thing for their own shows.

I wonder if anyone's asked Steve Franks about it. He'd probably have an idea what's going on, right?

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess somebody realized that people might actually want to watch Psych, because suddenly it's available on Amazon Prime streaming.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Well, I guess somebody realized that people might actually want to watch Psych, because suddenly it's available on Amazon Prime streaming.

That's not the half of it: they had the seasons on sale for $9.99 until Friday, when they went back up to full price. They then went to Prime yesterday. Kind of a weird rollercoaster ride there.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
But not in Canada...
B0LWp00.gif

Strax

Oct 28, 2017
I liked it but I think it's mostly people I enjoy the characters and was happy to see them back. Too many callbacks and pointless returning characters, which I expected, and I didn't care for SF. I know they moved there but to me Psych is bright and sunny in Santa Barbara with some dark scenes and even eps. in between. Lassie not being a bigger part was also a downer but of course you can't fault him or the crew for that.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
As a casual Psych fan, I thought this was a disappointment. Good seeing the characters again at least.