• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I signed up a month ago on the 2nd and all I got was a do not replay email saying they will review the request... what's supposed to happen next? Did you guys get confirmation emails? Who do I contact?

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I signed up a month ago on the 2nd and all I got was a do not replay email saying they will review the request... what's supposed to happen next? Did you guys get confirmation emails? Who do I contact?

I went through the process twice (I did it for a friend as well as myself). Both times I received a confirmation e-mail immediately, then around ten days later I received an e-mail informing me that my adapter was on the way (and the adapter itself arrived soon after that e-mail).

It definitely sucks that you seem stuck in limbo, Miamiwesker. You may want to send them an e-mail and ask what's up.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
wait. i just realized i need the adapter for the move controllers. but you can only request it if you have the psvr?

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
wait. i just realized i need the adapter for the move controllers. but you can only request it if you have the psvr?
You can only use the form if you have a PSVR breakout box serial number. If you need the adapter for using the move controllers in Dreams (judging by your avatar), MM says you can contact support for your country and request one anyway.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
You can only use the form if you have a PSVR breakout box serial number. If you need the adapter for using the move controllers in Dreams (judging by your avatar), MM says you can contact support for your country and request one anyway.
yeah. im doing that now. i just wish they were open to just let me enter a serial for the camera. or have another form to fill. or at least sell it separately

EDIT:
playstation.com chat is no help.

still on the phone right now.

Last edited:

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone from Brazil managed to get it directly from Sony? I might just go ahead and send it to my friend in the US and ask him to ship it to me.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Anyone from Brazil managed to get it directly from Sony? I might just go ahead and send it to my friend in the US and ask him to ship it to me.
I spam their Twitter account every time I see it in my feed, these fuckers never answered. AskPlaystation though answered and said I should tweet to PlaystationBR instead, so that's a dead end. It is definitely not happening, I sent my adapter to a friend that lives in Spain and I have no idea when I will actually get it.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Still nothing, not even a shipment notification. Should I be worried? or is it normal for it to take so long?

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I spam their Twitter account every time I see it in my feed, these fuckers never answered. AskPlaystation though answered and said I should tweet to PlaystationBR instead, so that's a dead end. It is definitely not happening, I sent my adapter to a friend that lives in Spain and I have no idea when I will actually get it.

Well, that's it, I'll just send it to my friend then. Thanks, man.

PS: Love your avatar.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
yeah. im doing that now. i just wish they were open to just let me enter a serial for the camera. or have another form to fill. or at least sell it separately

EDIT:
playstation.com chat is no help.

still on the phone right now.
supposedly the chat person sent an email but never received it. i swear they just don't want to use my camera and move anymore. and just want me to buy a psvr.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I received mine. I live in Korea, looks like they are sending out to Asia now if anyone else is wondering.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Just NO. Read my previous posts. PS Support of diffeernt countries aren't even aware of this. I don't blame MM for this tbh, they just suggested a workaround but this doesn't work cus Sony is literally not offering any adapter outside of PSVR ownership, neither with owning PS Move nor just the camera. This will prevent many players from playing PS Move and PS Camera compatible games which is a bummer. So strange they ddin't make the new PS5 camea compatible with all the stuff. That camera doesn't even have a mic to start with. It is just useless.

I would like to know if anyone owning just camera managed to get the adapter somehow and how. That would open some gates of hope but I doubt. They should at least sell the adapter everywhere.

Oct 25, 2017
Filled out the form on Oct 29th.
Got a shipping notification on the 13th. Notification said 6-12 business days to arrive.
I'm still waiting... Nearly had PS5 a month now.

Anyone in Australia received theirs yet? Is everyone still waiting? Searched thread for mentions of Australia, but didn't find anything.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
Got a shipping notification on the 13th. Notification said 6-12 business days to arrive.

Anyone in Australia received theirs yet? Is everyone still waiting? Searched thread for mentions of Australia, but didn't find anything.

I have the same dates as you and I am also still waiting.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, still nothing (I'm in the US) and I requested one the day the form went live. There has to be a way to find out what's going on. It's absurd. I only ever got the "we've confirmed you've requested one" email, but nothing since then.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
US support said they sent an email for me to request one since i don't have a psvr. never got the email. gonna bug them again until they do it right.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
North America. Still nothing, but I don't trust that I always get my mail sometimes from my upstairs neighbours. But without tracking on the shipment I can't even tell WHETHER it came, nevermind when. They emailed me that it was on its way back on the 23 though, so I suspect it's arrived. Very aggravating. I wish we had tracking info.

Gavatron

Unshakable Resolve
May 23, 2019

Still waiting here as well. Notification Nov 13 and still nothing yet.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
singapore here. already shipped to me last week.

U08h6b2.png

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
I ordered mine on the 13th and got the "thanks for applying" email and got no emails after. No shipping confirmation or follow-up. It showed up at my door about a week ago. I was really confused when I opened it because I didn't expect it to be coming and it took me a minute to figure out what it even was lol

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I am surprised that there are people in North America who ordered on the first day and still haven't received their dongle. Of my two orders, one of them was a solid week after the forms went online and I received that before the PS5 even released. I wonder how many people got lost in the shuffle. This whole thing was a total mess...

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I got one last week.. and I applied the day resetera made a thread about it being available to order.. the thing is.. I live in the Faroe Islands.. we have no PS5 shipments up here.. and no console in sight.. I tried preordering a console but that was impossible.. I am on a list to be one of the first to receive a ps5.. but lol nobody knows when..

So Sony sent me an adapter but they have no console to sell me.. lol

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
There's been a few reddit threads from Australian users, I don't believe anyone has confirmed they received their adapters yet. Just the emails.

One of the posts mentioned Support advising there would be a followup email with an AU Post tracking number after it's actually in the mail, but who knows if that's true or not.

I'm in the same boat on the dates. Order confirmed 29 Oct, "shipped" 13 Nov, nothing since.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of the posts mentioned Support advising there would be a followup email with an AU Post tracking number after it's actually in the mail, but who knows if that's true or not.
has ANYONE had tracking on it?

I'm not Australian but when I phoned support about my own yesterday, they told me that despite my "it's on its way" email, it hadn't shipped and I'd get a tracking # when it shipped. But nobody here has said they received tracking on it in North America, so I doubt I will. It's very annoying. I'd like to play Beat Saber again.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
20 days later Sony brought me 2 adapters this morning.

Do not worry, it will come.

130045067_10217959878dkk8c.jpg

MrMegaPhoenix

Oct 27, 2017
i'm another "Australian who hasn't got it yet". I got cameras and such too on my letterbox and doorstep and so i know for sure it hasn't arrived yet.

maybe a delay because of Australia Post? or because it's busier leading up to christmas?

Gavatron

Unshakable Resolve
May 23, 2019
So I just received an email telling me registrations to apply for the adaptor are open. Yet I (and many others by the look of it) applied weeks ago and still yet to receive it. Not confusing at all!

Oct 25, 2017
So I just received an email telling me registrations to apply for the adaptor are open. Yet I (and many others by the look of it) applied weeks ago and still yet to receive it. Not confusing at all!
Yep. I just received that email too.

That, combined with people receiving/not receiving shipping notifications, some people receiving 2 adapters, it doesn't inspire confidence in the running of this operation.

kriskrosbbk

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone from Eastern Europe got the adapter?
I had the mail saying I should receive mine from 3-6 business days 2 weeks ago:/ Still nothing.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
Why did Sony email me again to register for the adapter
I did it already weeks ago

drtomoe123

Nov 1, 2017
the Bay Area
I had the error on the adapter site that said I had already redeemed my serial but reading around it seems it's because I had to get a replacement breakout cable from Sony in the past. Ended up on hold for over an hour today and have to wait to see if they can escalate my case...no worries but I'm excited to try out some stuff on the PS5!

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017

I made the request two weeks ago, last week they sent me an email asking my personal informations and my PSVR model/serial, I sent to them and today I received a confirmation of my request saying that they will start to ship this Thursday.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I made the request two weeks ago, last week they sent me an email asking my personal informations and my PSVR model/serial, I sent to them and today I received a confirmation of my request saying that they will start to ship this Thursday.

Oh, nice. How did you get in touch with them?