• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
from the YouTube trailer
dGGjj4f.png

Nov 1, 2017
I'd like more details too, I was attempting to jump into PSO2 when it launched on PC but the structure of the microtransactions/F2P mechanics ended up being a barrier.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
new-gen.pso2.jp

『PSO2 ニュージェネシス』公式サイト|SEGA

『PSO2 ニュージェネシス』国内最大級のオンラインRPGシリーズ最新作!シームレスなオープンフィールドを舞台に、自分だけのキャラクターで冒険にでかけよう!簡単操作の爽快なアクションでスピード感のある戦闘が基本プレイ無料で楽しめる。

It's coming to PS4, PC and Switch only in Japan lol

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
So is it a new title or is it an update for PSO2, both twitter and the video description give different signals on what it is lol

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
So what? They're going to let use keep cosmetics and characters and then just nuke the old content out and replace it with what's basically a new game?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
So is it a new title or is it an update for PSO2, both twitter and the video description give different signals on what it is lol

It's a reboot because the old engine was designed with Vita limitations in mind. Now that Vita support is dropped they can rebuild from the ground up to expand the gameplay scope.

Again - this was their *exact* reasoning for axing Vita support.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Pso2 was a huuuuuge disappointment for me. I can't get into it as it feels like a Frankenstein of game now. I really hope this is a brand new game. I need more details, it's so unclear. Putting pso2 in the title doesn't help.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
I know it won't happen because Sega likes scamming people out of every penny but please, less gacha, less anime crossovers, more Phantasy Star Online stuff that feels like it belongs in the world, save the goofy stuff for the classic Sega throwbacks like the Burning Rangers theme, Dreamcast Mags and Sonic events. If you're gonna milk people, milk us for nostalgia and put a bunch of Ragol-themed stuff and old-school references instead of Konosuba, Eva, and stuff like that.

Also, sack dumb stuff like virtual Las Vegas and WWII and isekai castles and keep it sci-fi.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
That would mean there wouldn't be any need for US servers, but here we are.

No thanks.

To be fair, I played the JP version from the US for like a year and had zero issues with lag, so it's possible to play from EU on US and experience the same depending on how they do things.

But, I get not wanting to be treated second-class, like US was for all of PSU's life.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
So uhhhh....is this thing going to come to other platforms on pc? Win 10 store won't let me uninstall games half the time and installed ps02 on my hard drive 3 fucking times.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
Watching the stream I thought it was PSO3 but it's an update for PSO2? So I should just wait for New Genesis and forget about PSO2? Because NG looks so much cooler.