• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017

Up to "Not Episode 7" should be here by end of year since SEGA wants to make this 1:1 with the JP version.
Also a reminder that Phil Spencer did say this will probably hit most platforms, console wise we could see that this fall.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I think I read episode 4 opening up means crafting? I hope so. Atleast what I read as I am still learning the game.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Great!

I was expecting to wait longer for it to hit Steam. I hope Windows 7 will be supported.

Also finally some love for Europe.

Oct 26, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm enjoying my time with the game so far (initially downloaded via MS Store, now using tweaker with the inital download).

Halfway through chapter 2 with a level 38 Braver. This is becoming my go-to game while I watch TV.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If Episode 4 is coming in August, and JP is approaching the end of Episode 6 and moving onto 'Not Episode 7' (no, really, their next big update is not being called an episode) I'm not sure that gives much time to catch up to JP by the end of the year unless they really ramp up the pace of updates (or roll stuff into fewer, but huge content updates).

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Episode 4 is coming in August, and JP is approaching the end of Episode 6 and moving onto 'Not Episode 7' (no, really, their next big update is not being called an episode) I'm not sure that gives much time to catch up to JP by the end of the year unless they really ramp up the pace of updates (or roll stuff into fewer, but huge content updates).

Maybe they were waiting for PC to launch before ramping up their content updates?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I was interested in trying this recently but decided not to because it was only on the Microsoft Store. I gave the MS store a shot but I just don't want to mess with it anymore. Having files locked in a protected folder where I can't even manually delete stuff is a no go for me. Even Game Pass, it was one of the reasons I didn't want to even test games on it during the free 3 months I got (it being beta with lots of annoying problems was another big reason. Problems like restarting a download that I stopped, after multiple attempts, after a windows update or something, without notifying me it was downloading a game).

I really hope they have their own standalone launcher like a lot of other MMOs. I don't even want to mess with games that need multiple updates (like MMO's) on steam. It's patching method seem bad for SSDs (I had to move Path of Exile from the Steam version to their standalone client since it did better patching. Thankfully Warframe patches outside of Steam.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Since the English release of this was announced the thing I've most been looking forward to is when episode 4 got released so I get to see more reactions to how dumb the story gets.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
I've never been more disappointed in a game than this one. I loved PSO..like 400 hours love. PSO2 is a mess. Way too confusing and dated.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Thank god! The Microsoft store tried installing this game on my pc multiple times. It ended up taking 150 gigs and I could not uninstall it through conventional means, had to do it manually more or less. Fuck the windows store, never touching it again.

Happy to hear it is moving on. I had a blast with it and am really looking forward to diving into it.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Neat, hope it doesn't balloon the game's size even more.
That's actually something that have been bothering me...the main folder is sitting at almost 70 GB for me, it feels really big for this game, considering the graphical aspect and whatnot. Is that really it? or did the windows store messed something up?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Tweet unavailable, does it mean Europe will be able to download it without switching region?

Dlanor A. Knox

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Apr 6, 2018
Thank god it's coming out on steam, i'll just wait then.

Didn't play much due to Xenoblade and TLOU2 is coming out soon

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's actually something that have been bothering me...the main folder is sitting at almost 70 GB for me, it feels really big for this game, considering the graphical aspect and whatnot. Is that really it? or did the windows store messed something up?
The JP client is also 70GB, there's a good chance that most of the assets are already in the NA client.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Thank god! The Microsoft store tried installing this game on my pc multiple times. It ended up taking 150 gigs and I could not uninstall it through conventional means, had to do it manually more or less. Fuck the windows store, never touching it again.

Happy to hear it is moving on. I had a blast with it and am really looking forward to diving into it.

How'd you do it bc this is me right now as far as space being taken up

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
My JP folder is 85GB.
Interesting. I think mine is up to date so I wonder why there's a discrepancy.

Edit: Actually I might not have the very latest update. In any case I wouldn't expect the NA client to be completely current with JP, but it wouldn't surprise me if it has assets up to, say, the etoile update.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
How'd you do it bc this is me right now as far as space being taken up

I uninstalled the game once and the first 70 gigs of space was restored. I restarted my pc and hoped to do it again and couldn't even find the game in my list of apps. Hell I couldn't even find it in my registry. I did however find a 60g pso2 folder in MutableBackups that I ended up just deleting. It may not have been the correct way to go about this but I had enough and nothing else I did seemed to work.

I will never use that worthless store again. Learned my lesson.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
I uninstalled the game once and the first 70 gigs of space was restored. I restarted my pc and hoped to do it again and couldn't even find the game in my list of apps. Hell I couldn't even find it in my registry. I did however find a 60g pso2 folder in MutableBackups that I ended up just deleting. It may not have been the correct way to go about this but I had enough and nothing else I did seemed to work.

I will never use that worthless store again. Learned my lesson.

Ah cheers, i got 62GB back from it!

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
I want to try this out, but all of the Microsoft Store horror stories have dissuaded me. I'm looking forward to the Steam release.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Ah cheers, i got 62GB back from it!

Great! I'm happy it worked out for you!

I want to try this out, but all of the Microsoft Store horror stories have dissuaded me. I'm looking forward to the Steam release.

You made the right decision with waiting. It is just not worth the trouble. The game is really fun when it works and I don't hold these issues against it though. Kind of like a scifi action rpg diablo situation.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Great! I'm happy it worked out for you!

You made the right decision with waiting. It is just not worth the trouble. The game is really fun when it works and I don't hold these issues against it though. Kind of like a scifi action rpg diablo situation.
Path of Exile is my most played game of the past few years, so it sounds like this will be up my alley.