• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Very cool. Love when the companies invest in the meta game side of things. Still waiting on Nintendo 😑

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Almost level 16 here but I haven't play a single Playstation game since 2018.
25 platinums though so that should give me more levels.

SabinFigaro

Oct 27, 2017
RiskbreakerRiot.png

I enjoy trophies, but don't necessarily consider myself a trophy hunter. When I was younger I would make my own checklists to track game completion (i.e. collected all Materia in FF7, level 99, etc.). As such, trophies became my way of tracking completion, hence why I have a generally lower overall game count but a higher completion rate.

The other aspect of trophies I have enjoyed is going back to games I previously beat to find new challenges. As you'll see from my card, I'm currently playing Doom 3 on the PS3. Despite finishing all the campaigns back in 2013, I decided to go back and try to beat all the campaigns on the highest difficulty.

Overall, level progression is not something I've really tracked myself, as I consider trophies markers of personal progression on each individual game. However, I'm glad to see Sony continues to evolve the feature and people are happy with the proposed changes.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
In at level 22 so I'm expecting 300 something, but I don't bother with Platinums anymore. There are like 4 or 5 games where I'm only missing one or two trophies, but I'm too lazy to bother with those.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Sony should send physical Platinum trophies (not actual platinum though) the same way that YouTube sends out plaques. Make it so that you need 50 or 100 platinums to get it or something like that. Just a random showerthought.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Always forget they have the trophy level thing. Think mine is 25 and has been for like a year. A good and long overdue change.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Sony should send physical Platinum trophies (not actual platinum though) the same way that YouTube sends out plaques. Make it so that you need 50 or 100 platinums to get it or something like that. Just a random showerthought.
Around the beginning of the gen I believe there was a sweepstakes based on your trophy count/level. It quietly got shut down because Sony has literally never policed hackers as you can easily have a 1000 platinum account with cfw.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
With 468 platinums i'll probably get bumped up pretty high, hopefully enough to get in the platinun tier.

Cool change, but really hope they implement a trophy tracking system.
www.resetera.com

PS5 will feature trophy progress tracking for individual trophies

The French blog post seems to include a line that the English version didn't. Here's the translation which I've checked with someone and the translation is correct: https://blog.fr.playstation.com/2020/10/07/explication-des-modifications-bientot-apportees-aux-niveaux-de-trophee/ Shame it...

Wish granted.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
It seems like an unnecessary change but the upside is it gives people incentive to play more as they gain levels quicker. What I would really like to see is a time tracking system for games played

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
This is cool, i think the system needed a shakeup for the new gen, im level 15 so should be quite high!

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
When is this going live?
They today for NA and tomorrow for Europe. Presumably that means that the change will be made at the same time, which will be after midnight in all of Europe but before midnight in all of NA. That means sometime between 0100 and 0600, Central European Time.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Currently replaying Infamous 1 so that I have all Infamous platinums. Really wish I knew how many dudes I still need to blow off roofs. This is a nice change. Been stuck at 12 for years, almost 13.

bloopland33

Mar 4, 2020
Can someone explain the tech behind how this will be automatically implemented? It doesn't sound like there will be a system update. Was this buried in a previous update and no one datamined the new icons or something?

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know why it's 999 for platinum and not 1000? Just bothers me being so closed to a nice round number like that...
My guess would be that the various UIs that this needs to slot into accept a three-digit number with no problems but might have to resize a four-digit one.

Can someone explain the tech behind how this will be automatically implemented? It doesn't sound like there will be a system update. Was this buried in a previous update and no one datamined the new icons or something?
It's a server-side update. It's unlikely that the icons and new system were buried in a previous update, but very likely that some previous update (perhaps years ago) just told the trophy UI to look for new rules/icons on the server side whenever it synchronised.

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So only people at level 999 will have the platinum trophy icon. Wonder if there's anybody on the planet who will actually have that from today? My numbers are similar to those in the picture so I will probably have a bronze icon despite collecting trophies since they were first introduced lol.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Level 18, almost 3,500 trophies, including 6 plats. Hopefully enough for gold rank lmao

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
This is a whole lot of nothing. The only important change here is trophy progress.

Hopefully they'll be a time stamp for games.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I don't really like this. Gaining a trophy level was cool before because it took sooooo long. I won't care if I go from level 232 to 233 to 234.
Was it really though? You wouldn't even know you went up a level unless you were really paying attention and it being so slow usually means you weren't. The trophy icon changing automatically makes it much more noticeable and far more interesting than the number part.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Tidux doesn't know anything, please don't share their posts.

Well he seems to be right, at least on this one:

www.resetera.com

The French blog post seems to include a line that the English version didn't. Here's the translation which I've checked with someone and the translation is correct: https://blog.fr.playstation.com/2020/10/07/explication-des-modifications-bientot-apportees-aux-niveaux-de-trophee/ Shame it...

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well he seems to be right, at least on this one:

www.resetera.com

A broken clock will be right at some point.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
So when you log in, you are kinda disconnected from PSN but you got gotta accept a new EULA and I guess it means it's part of the update.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Sounds like a pleasant change. Wonder where I will land with my lvl 20. Barely have any platinum trophies :/