• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
So now I'm gonna have to live with the fact that I'm only at the Bronze level. That's what I get for playing multiplats on PC I guess

aeroslash

Feb 7, 2018
How have people played over 500 games?? Woow. I play a lot and i'm sure i'm not even close to half of that number.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Wait! Does this mean you get a placement ranking too? Like u are a bronze player, etc?

i always felt that every trophy should be earnable as a bronze, silver, and gold

so for example, beat a game on easy and u get bronze

beat it on hard and the bronze upgrades to a gold

this would mean the more enthusiastic players had more golds than bronze trophies

that would be more fun to me

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Strike34.png

Progression has been much slower once I got into the teens. It'll be interesting to see where I end up and how these are weighted against the Xbox equivalents.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Idk if this is great news more than it just being news

I'm level 23 but I only trophy hunt if I really love a game now

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Level 14 and have never chased a trophy in my life. PSN user since late 2014

One of my two platinums was purchased from an in game vendor.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I guess this was inevitable eventually. The longer the trophy systems been around, the more people are likely to hit the level cap so makes sense to expand it... if that's what they're actually doing?

Also a good idea to give newcomers a better sense of progression early on.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I've never given a thought to what my PS level was, and had to log on to see what it was (12). I look at achievements sure, but the level just seemed like a pointless arbitrary number. I'm happy for those who are more into achievements and are excited about this, though.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I guess this was inevitable eventually. The longer the trophy systems been around, the more people are likely to hit the level cap so makes sense to expand it... if that's what they're actually doing?
There is no cap as such, it's just that progress crawls to a standstill the higher you get. So it doesn't feel like you're making any progress.
dCt5zcG.png

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
I like this change! I'm level 20 with 32 platinums, I hope I'm Silver level at least.

Seeing the level increase faster will for sure be more rewarding

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a dumb update. Hackers are gonna have like level 1 million accounts now...

It never stopped the dedicated community from continuing to care before. I think overall this'll reinvigorate more than that possibility hurts.

This update is probably 5+ years late either way. Level 100 people have existed since just after PS4 launch lol

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
This is a great change. Trophies were always great for tracking completion for individual games, but the trophy levels went up so slowly that you never really felt like you were really contributing much to your overall profile. This is much better.

Achievements have the exact opposite problem IMO, so keen to see if Microsoft introduce any new updates on their side of things too.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How have people played over 500 games?? Woow. I play a lot and i'm sure i'm not even close to half of that number.
Easy some of us have been playing on Playstation as our main console since like 2008 when they launched the trophy system. That's like 11 years of playing stuff on the same profile.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have been level 13 for years, even got a platinum a couple of months ago and even that wasn't enough to level me up

edit: errr level 12

Last edited:

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Good stuff to make it seem like it's actually moving. And I like tracking, finally.

What they also need though are some better rules around what's worth what. I know devs can pick and choose but some seem nearly impossible to achieve. "Be in top 10 of multiplayer" or stuff like that is practically impossible for most. And it's not even always a time investment, it's that even above average players will never have that kind of skill.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Seems smart. People like numbers increasing, so leveling up more often might cause more engagement.

Aska

Jan 11, 2020
I think this is good, with more levels, leveling-up will be more frequent. Makes sense.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
Really cool that they're doing an overhaul. I would like Xbox to change it up too. Achievements/trophies were stagnant for too long!

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused, they changed the levels - finally - to 999, but basically it's gonna be the same F thing in the end?

"..if your current Trophy level is 12, your new level will jump to somewhere in the low 200's."

giphy.gif