• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've been level 17 for 3 years now, now that I care that much about trophies tbh.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Let's see what happens with me :P
Jvt96QW.png

Yes, I don't have any Platinums, don't judge me.
I have a couple on my older account tho.
What will be your first platinum on that account?!

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
So they added 6 more trophy types? I'm sorta confused on the differences between each trophy category.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the main draw for this update is that you'll be leveling up the trophy badge a lot more often now, since the distance between levels is so much smaller. Otherwise it doesn't really seem like anything significant has changed.

So they added 6 more trophy types? I'm sorta confused on the differences between each trophy category.

No, what they did is take your account's trophy rank and change it so it too has a bronze/silver/gold level to it. So, like, if all your trophies combined gives you a trophy ranking of 13, you're now a bronze with a rank in the 200s somewhere.

Individual trophies do not appear to change at all with this update.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I got to lv 13 earlier in the year

This is nice

I am all up for improvements and changes for the trophy system

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I'm genuinely interested in some of the responses that say this is great news. I don't think it's particularly bad news but it just feels like fiddling around with things so individual player's numbers look bigger rather than anything actually substantial, unless I'm missing something?

Not super fussed about trophies myself, I just want them to add some kind of activity log so I can accurately see how long I've played some of these games for.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how long it'll take for sites like PSN Profiles to adjust. Funny enough, one of the things I was kinda looking forward to is seeing/hearing the new trophy indicator.

Also jus cuz others were posting it. Damn, I'm seriously gonna hit 400 games this year, & there's a chance my 400th game will be Yakuza Like a Dragon or Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, aka my first PS5 game.

Zonic505.png

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I'd like that friends list league table the Xbox has.

I'd never be top of mine but it would be something a bit better than just clicking on compare.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I've enjoyed keeping my trophy level at or above my age and my platinum count at least twice that same number. This throws a wrench into that completely pointless practice.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly blown away at the idea that the current cap was 100.

I have a shitton of trophies, I don't think I'm past the level 14 or so.

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017
Neat, I'm at level 38 with 149 platinums right now. Curious to see where I'll land on the new system.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Those icons are for your main trophy level. Right now it's just a gold star, regardless of the level. The icon will now change depending on your new level.
Oh I get it now. Wonder who's gonna be the first to platinum their account. Probably will already happen once the change goes into effect.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
No plat level 19 checking in

Looking forward to boosting a few hundred levels

Rebetherick

Oct 26, 2017
I'm genuinely interested in some of the responses that say this is great news. I don't think it's particularly bad news but it just feels like fiddling around with things so individual player's numbers look bigger rather than anything actually substantial, unless I'm missing something?

To me seems like it will just give more of a sense of progress if you're into that sort of thing, rather than being sat on a level for years it should be a lot quicker to level up.

Zushin

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I wish there was a way to see how much your trophy level translates to gamerscore. I'm level 19 on PS and have 40k GS. Would be interesting to see how it converts.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
With 468 platinums i'll probably get bumped up pretty high, hopefully enough to get in the platinun tier.

Cool change, but really hope they implement a trophy tracking system.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
There is something simpler about trophies that I like over achievements. I think it's the visual cues about their difficulty.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, nice, so it comes to all systems, not just PS4.

I imagine this is just the start with greater improvements coming either in games going forward or as a part of the PS5. They might just be steadily announcing features before a big UI reveal in the coming days and I'd guess that UI level trophy stat tracking would be a part of it.

Level 32 at the moment, bordering on 33. Here we go.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
This is a welcome change. I was nearing level 13 and I couldn't bear to be stuck a that for the coming years (superstition, etc.)