• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
You've all heard that satisfying sound when a Trophy pops up on the corner of your screen. There's the sense of accomplishment when that ultra-rare Platinum trophy is unlocked after hours of pursuing. Trophies were first introduced on PlayStation 3, and have been an integral part of the PlayStation gaming experience. Today, we're excited to announce we're bringing some enhancements to the Trophy system.

New Trophy Levels
The first thing you'll notice is the big change to your Trophy level. We're increasing the Trophy level range from the current "1-100" to "1-999," so following this update, your Trophy level will automatically be remapped to a new level within this new range based on the Trophies you've earned to date. For example, if your current Trophy level is 12, your new level will jump to somewhere in the low 200's. The exact level will depend on the number and grades of trophies you've acquired. There will be no changes to the Trophies already earned or Trophy information, such as unlock requirements.
New Level Calculation Structure
We've implemented a new Trophies level calculation system that is more optimized and rewarding. Players will progress quicker through the early levels, and levels will increase more consistently. Platinum trophies will count more toward your level progression, making them even more valuable.

50431685671_f65786458b_h.jpg

New Trophy Level Icons
With an expanded level range, we're also updating the trophy level icon on PlayStation 5, as well as PlayStation App at a later date. Currently the Trophies icon is just a single gold star, but we're adding a few variants:
  • Bronze: levels 1-299
  • Silver: levels 300 – 599
  • Gold: levels 600 – 998
  • Platinum: level 999
The icons will also have a subtle distinction to visually suggest how close you are to the next level.
Lastly, just for clarity, Trophies that you've earned on previous PlayStation systems will come with you to PlayStation 5, just as they have in previous generation transitions. The new Trophy levels will be reflected in all locations that Trophy levels are shown, including past systems, PS App and My PlayStation.
All of these updates will be automatically implemented on the system side, starting later tonight (North America) / tomorrow (Europe).
We're committed to offering an even better experience for our fans as we head into the next generation of gaming. We can't wait for everyone to start racking up trophies in all the amazing upcoming games that are launching on PS4 and PS5!

nutcasey

Oct 28, 2017
This is great. I've wanted something like this for a while. I was at 15 for about a year.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Huh. I'm Lv16 with a very similar number of trophies as those shown in the picture above, so I guess I'll end up on level 290~.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh lord. I'm sitting currently at 30. I wonder what level that jumps me to...

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
This is cool and all, but I was hoping it would be an update on something like being able to track things like Kill X amount of shit at the trophy level. Ah well.

Also make every game have a platinum dammit!

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Cool. But I seriously hope this isn't the only trophy system update we're getting. We need progress tracking like on Xbox for example.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
A neat change. I'm not nearly as into Platinum hunting as I was in the past (this year will be my lowest ever of maybe 1-2), but I've been stuck at Level 20 for what feels like forever.

foxdvd

Oct 30, 2017
I am currently in the 40's I think..about 200 plats.....wonder how that plays out...

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I was level 13 for like a decade lol. Just hit 14 yesterday so interested to see where it puts me.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty cool. Trophies are one of those things I could live without but these changes seem good for people who are really into them.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
I didn't even know trophy levels existed? I saw the number next to the trophy icon, but assumed it was related to the number of games or platinums I had completed.

I'll pay about as much attention to the new trophy level system too.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, seems kinda cool. I think I might end up in silver after the update.

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
This is cool and all, but I was hoping it would be an update on something like being able to track things like Kill X amount of shit at the trophy level. Ah well.

Also make every game have a platinum dammit!
Cool. But I seriously hope this isn't the only trophy system update we're getting. We need progress tracking like on Xbox for example.
"First details on upcoming changes" sounds to me like this is the first part of a larger overhaul. I'm guessing the more significant part will launch with the PS5.

I'm going to predict that my current trophy level will end up being somewhere in the low to mid 400s.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
And there was me thinking getting to level 21 by the end of the year was definitely achievable.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Wasn't even expecting this, but it should be fun :D.

Hopefully this'll also include things like being able to delete trophies below a certain percentage from your profile (ie that one game where you played it for a little then dropped it).

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Great upgrade, I'm currently Level 54 so will be interesting to see where I jump to.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
These updates sort of seem like nothing. Wonder if theres anything else coming.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Yeah, it was a joke. I only raised one level from 13-14 this entire generation, and it was pretty early in the gen, so I have since stopped paying attention to it. Then again I am not a trophy hunter, so I will probably continue to barely pay attention to it. Will be nice to see different numbers for a change though.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
the new trophies look hot. Especially the new Platinum. Damn.