• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Did you take the leap of faith and change it?

• Hell yeah! Thank you Sony

Votes: 211 41.7%
  • Hell no! That thing is foeva

Votes: 295 58.3%

• Total voters

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Not for me (I picked well the first time) but my buddy at work is really really happy with it and seem to have zero issues so far. He had used his ex gf name for his first PSN ID...

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Yup.

But my account was only a year old with a few PS4 games played, so I wasn't worried about losing anything.

thebagel1

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I had to. Made my original name when I was an edgy teenager and have been regretting it ever since. I have had 0 problems.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
I'm surprised at the level of fear here. We beta tester the fuck out of it and there still have been such limited issues (I haven't heard of any but I admittedly don't put the research in)

JetBazooka

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
yep I did day 1 and had zero issues and many on my friends list did as well. I dont know what all the fear was about. Fake fear tactics type stuff stopped some people from doing it.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
So the name I wanted to change to was already taken... by my EU account, lol.

However, i did change it to something very similar to the name I have here on Era (and twitter, twitch, instagram, etc.)

Someone actually reached out to me with "Nooooo... I will always remember you as xenorevlis!"

Was kind of heart warming, albeit sad heh. No problems to report, though.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, not risking it with the potential risks. Blows my mind how badly implemented this whole system is.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Not me, but my PSN account is relatively recent and its ID is a name that I've associated with myself for years, even well into adulthood. Don't expect it to cause me to cringe any time soon.

It's a great feature that should have been there day 0 though.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Nope. It's not worth it to me. I'm not trying to lose trophy data. I'm one of the few that tried for the ShadowFall plat. Shoulda just rebooted PSN with the PS4 instead of....whatever the fuck this is. That or have hired Database administrators worth an actual fuck.
Uhmmm, there is no risk of losing your trophy data.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Can somebody confirm the effects on PS3/Vita games? I've poked around online and I get either it having no effect or it wiping out your trophy profile.

Daggoth

Oct 25, 2017
My previous username ended with "ss" so yes I changed it at the first opportunity

No issues since, although I haven't played with the PS3 since just after the switch.

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
No, although I wanted to. I originally made my first PSN account using SkullHydra back when it was first available as a child account or whatever they were called. At the time I was wanting to have a full account instead of the limited child one, there wasn't the ability to change one to the other, and I made a new one with SkuIIHydra [Uppercase i].

With the fact that you can't use an account that's been used before, I may never be able to use the correct name on my active account even though I have access to both.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Literally just changed it because this thread reminded me. I was going to not bother but I took a look and saw "NightShiftXD" was available so...

And yeah, the negatives are taken way out of proportion. PS3/PSP/Vita games are not effected and the list of games with major issues is so small and they're not really popular.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen about a million posts of people scared they'll ruin something important if they do this. Haven't heard much noise from people actually losing stuff and regretting it.

I changed and it was completely smooth, no issues anywhere.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
I did and so far, luckily the games I do play haven't been affected, Burnout Paradise Remastered for eg works well...I do however worry for my bloodborne and U4 SP/MP progress resetting.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
Yep, changed mine and no problems that I noticed, even with games that potentially could have had issues.

My new one is much better, just a slightly abbreviated version of my username here. Whilst I won't miss my old one, it's a shame my silly piss take of Phil Harrison from 13 years ago isn't still around as 'the Overlander' himself has once again reappeared to delight and enthrall us with his streaming box.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
And yeah, the negatives are taken way out of proportion. PS3/PSP/Vita games are not effected and the list of games with major issues is so small and they're not really popular.

Is there any list of (Vita) games that are affected? Only have a Vita but I've also sunk a ton of time into a few games that I'd hate to lose. There was another thread on this topic where someone checked the games they owned, but I haven't been able to find anything else.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Haven't changed mine, its been perf since i made it when the ps3 first came out. :P

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Not yet, waiting to see how bad the issues are with the first batch that changed over.

Will probably do it in the next year, certainly by the PS5 release anyway.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Is there any list of (Vita) games that are affected? Only have a Vita but I've also sunk a ton of time into a few games that I'd hate to lose. There was another thread on this topic where someone checked the games they owned, but I haven't been able to find anything else.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/onlineid/games-list-home/
Although it only lists PS4 games. The ID change is not supported on PS3, PSP and Vita so I assume there are no issues there.

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
No, but I tried. Pretty much every variation of what I wanted was taken and I refuse to pad my name. What I have now is pretty close anyways, so no biggie. Just wanted to refine it a bit.