• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all,

Just turned on my PS5 and it's signed me in offline and it won't let me go online. Same with my PS4.
Speed test and connection shows connected to PSN etc but I can't change my online status to Online.

Anyone else seeing this at all?

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
This is happening to me right now can't connect at all but the store seems to still be working. My profile doesn't say I'm online and I can't see friends. Can't go online in Call of Duty. I'm in the US though. On PS5.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I'm in Belgium and can't get online either. I tried rebooting, but that made it even worse.
My profile says I don't own any games (although the library does show them). Network check shows that everything is fine.

It seems to me that the PS5 is even more screwed when PSN is down, that doesn't sound good for the future since it tends to happen regularly.
Let's hope it's fixed tomorrow since I was going to go to sleep anyway.

Their useless status website shows that everything is ok.

It would have been better for them to buy better servers instead of putting their new system full with tracking connections though. It's pathetic how many attempts the PS5 tries to do to multiple telemetry domains. The PS4 has way less attempts per day and only 1 domain. My PS5 tries to connect to a telemetry domain once per 1 or 2 seconds when I'm on the dashboard.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Yep friends list at least is borked here in the US. Currently installing some PS4 disc games on my PS5 and it's at least pulling and downloading all the updates fine.

OP
OP
Qwerty Keyboard
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, the store seems to work but I can't go online or view my friends list.
I'm assuming this has just started and the Status pages for PSN will soon be updated.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Well so much for some Demon's Souls after dinner. Going to take care of a few things and try again in a bit.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
In Seattle area, happening to me as well. Shows me as "Offline". I can't view any of my friends that are online or see game data.

OP
OP
Qwerty Keyboard
Oct 25, 2017
So, just to confirm, are others seeing the online status greyed out and just set to offline at the moment with no option to change it?

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'm downloading FF 15 Royal Edition - sorry for hogging the bandwidth. But seriously - additional things you can click from the 3 dots aren't loading for me so some online stuff seems to be down.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
I was having issues (in US). Restarted the PS5 and I can see my friends list again, so maybe fixed?