• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Seems like PSN is currently having issues.

I was mid-game and got an error that I would be booted from my game in 15 minutes because the license server could not be reached. Ended up affecting my entire library so I'm unable to play anything. Also unable to use the Restore Licenses feature because I keep getting an error code or it stops mid-restore.

A system update was pushed out which I thought might be the issue but it hasn't fixed anything. People are discussing it on social media as well. Sony's website says everything is up and functioning.

Have you been affected?

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, seeing huge issues here in Australia. Have been reporting on it for over an hour now. Haven't seen one this bad in ages. Oddly, people seem to be able to play one game in their library.

press-start.com.au

The PlayStation Network Is Having Issues

The PlayStation Network Is Having Issues

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
I am in Asia and i was affected as well. But the weird thing is it's only for my asia accounts. My US accounts are fine. I get the psn "error has occured" sign in issues.

What I did was I asked my brother to log in to my account on his ps4, it signed in. Then when i logged into my personal ps4, my account signed in no issue.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Had trouble signing in on the web store, but a refresh and it showed me as logged in a few minutes later.

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines here.

I was about to beat the last boss at the Puppet Bunker in FFXIV when this happened! That loot better be something I don't want, Sony!

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yup. Just woke up and can't play Destiny 2 because it can't verify the account, which is funny because I only have the F2P version of D2 on PS4, what's to verify?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Been using a PS3 with ps+ downloaded games fine all morning, account is still signed in and working fine in browser and just tried PS4 away from my primary PS4 and it's working fine, too. UK. Only 1 person on friends list (US) is a little low, it's usually more like 5+ at this time of day.

TBH I've been sort expecting some down time as PS5 gets closer, thinking they might need to switch things over, but I'd expect them to announce that and don't honestly know if end users are supposed to even be aware of any changes or downtime would be necessary.

I'm on 7.51 and it says 7.55 and 8 beta V3 are available, but I ain't going near them :)

Oct 27, 2017
Downloading system software 7.55 but cannot connect to PSN server and so cannot play much on my secondary PS4 >_< In the UK here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Can access everything outside of a game I just bought (which is super annoying). Already downloaded and installed 7.55.

Seems to be mostly Australia fucked.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
the web store and the My Playstation websites seem to be running fine so far. this might be regional maintenance

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Downloaded the update. No issues here. Information:
  • FW: 7.55 (newest update)
  • Game: FF14 (just started playing)
  • Primary console

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
Can confirm here in the UK, I just bought Puyo Puyo Tetris and it's padlocked. Tried to restore licences but it was going to take hours, so I'll try again later in the day.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Can't access a game I just purchased, but it seems I can start FF14 without a hitch.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah spoke too soon, got the 15 minute warning I'd be booted so quit and attempted to restore licenses which I think 100s of people must be doing as it's taking forever, it's been 20 minutes remaining for over 20 minutes and not even half way through yet.

OP
OP
Jerm

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Lock is also gone for me! Assuming everything is fixed so I'm gonna request this be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.