• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Sony's site says that all of their services are currently experiencing issues:

PlayStation Network Status

S8b2a84.jpg

I have a friend who has been online for a while and was never disconnected, so it could just be affecting people like me who are signing on for the first time tonight.

Anyone else having issues? I should have signed on earlier...

UPDATE:
Shit's getting serious now. The icons are RED.

fZYE5wR.jpg

Not much additional info though:
LhEjKCi.jpg

UPDATE 2 [IT'S FIXED FOR EVERYTHING BUT PS VIDEO]:
Most of the services are running normally again. That took a while!

i2yIPuE.jpg

Last edited:

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017
Yup. Waited like 20 minutes for a 100mb Rocket League update to "copy", go to play and now PSN is down.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
They're uploading the Silent Hill and MGS Remake trailers for when they announce their Konami TGS acquisition.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Yes.

I was playing Fallguys with some friend, and the "Maintenance" popups appeared. We were able to play for a few minutes more, but eventually we just keep getting kicked out.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Was playing Avengers and got a msg that PSN was undergoing maintenance (I'm in Canada)
Was still able to play but I figure that also meant people couldn't sign on

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Yeah :(

My friend lost access to his PS4 a couple weeks ago. We play Rocket League like 3-5 nights a week, so this has sucked. But now that it went F2P today we were gonna play with him on his Switch. As soon as I hopped on, though, this shit again.

What really sucks is I'm addicted to playing 13 Sentinels, but I can't even do that because I don't have my PS4 set as my home system. I wish Sony would do like Nintendo and grant you a license that isn't dependant on having internet right that fucking second to play your games (I think theirs is like week-long authentication checks).

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
... And now I can open the store, which I couldn't a minute ago, I can even download a game I own, but I still can't get an authentication check to play my games? Fuuuuucking bullshit man.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Down for me. Just finished watching the Boston v Miami game and was ready to PLAY, but I've been hit by something quite LIMITING.

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yep I log in to play some Fall Guys and I gotta find something else to do tonight

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yep, was getting ready to redownload multiplayer mode in Modern Warfare and got denied. Got the notice that it was undergoing maintenance.

Last edited:

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It was down for me for like 45 minutes but my friends list just came back up

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Yeah, looks like it's back... I can make a party, I can play RL online, listen to Spotify... I can download a game...

Except it still won't fucking authenticate my game purchases. That's so aggravating. Surely that's a matter of like some bytes sent back and forth, there's no excuse for that shit. Hopefully my friend will get on to play RL soon, since I can't play any of my other games -.-

OP
OP
btkadams

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
The store is now functioning for me, and same with friends list, but every game still has a lock on it.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Been playing monster hunter with a friend for over an hour and things have been perfectly fine.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
The store is now functioning for me, and same with friends list, but every game still has a lock on it.
Is this your primary system and are you the owner of the games? Even without internet, your digital games shouldn't have a lock on them. If you downloaded them, set your system as primary, and then restore licenses.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Still getting maintenance errors when I try to activate as primary

Messed up earlier this week and forgot to restore it after I sold my Vita so I'm locked out of everything right now :/

OP
OP
btkadams

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Is this your primary system and are you the owner of the games? Even without internet, your digital games shouldn't have a lock on them. If you downloaded them, set your system as primary, and then restore licenses.
It is not the primary system, no. I deactivated all of my systems earlier in the day because I was setting up a new PS3.

I get a server maintenance error when I try to activate the PS4 console as a primary system right now due to the outage.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Yup mine just booted me off since I'm on a secondary ps4. Won't let me connect to server.

In Colorado by the way.