• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Have high hopes for this one - looks like a lot of fun, and the presentation/graphics look amazing! Hoping they don't drown it with too many micro-transactions.

Yeah - it sucks that the price is going up on games, but I've been paying the same price for games since the 90s - I'd say we had a good run.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I would happily pay 80€, which equals to roughly $94, for a game like God of War, TLOU3, or any other huge triple A game with a high budget. But from what they have shown for this game so far, this game doesn't scream being worth the fun for 80€. If they think this game is worth being sold for 80€, they better show some footage and more insides into it, to justify this huge price tag.

Games aren't priced solely based on their budgets. If they were then something like Street Fighter V wouldn't cost as much as God of War. $60 was normalized despite there not always being a budget justification for it. Some studios will charge less, but most will just follow the pack.

Kimaris

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I think this could be a sleeper hit. Game play seems like it could be easy to pick up and the art style will be very appealing for the younger audience

Moosichu

Oct 25, 2017
For a multiplayer games like this, the price is also off-putting because with Sony's track record of killing servers so quickly. Furthermore the value of these games comes from other players, and I don't think enough people would buy it at that price for the community to exist that would make it worthwhile in the first place. So even if I personally would by the game at that price, I don't think enough other people will do to make it worth it.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
It seems Sony has rolled out the ability to pre-order PS5 games (at least this one). The page confirms the game has micro-transactions.

Screenshot_2020-09-29_at_17.56.13.png

MTX confirmed

Oh no no no no

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I don't get the posts that people should be used to the new pricing. Why exactly? People will buy less games probably and that is fine. Hopefully they will and maybe pubs can reconsider. 80 fucking euros for a game is total bs.
Era is full of corporate apologists that can hand wave away anything or try and put the blame on players for not liking something obviously dodgy.

All these companies report they are making more money than ever but at the same time apologist Era thinks they're about to go bankrupt and to "think of the devs" (who have already been paid for their work).

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
$70 for a new multiplayer-focused IP with MTX launching in under two months, zero uncut gameplay shown so far. People must be lining up around the block.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested. May pick up at launch or sometime after.

I appreciate the diversity in character the design as well.

EDIT: Free post launch content is dope too.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Definitely doesn't look horrible. But we could use more gameplay footage to justify the full price I think. People are just too hasty to shit on this game before knowing much of it.

Characters diversity is nice to see.

VirtualCloud

Aug 3, 2018
So I got to ask what's wrong with the MTX? We still don't know how it works in this game, only thing we know is that yes its in the game, and that you can earn the same currency by playing the game. Isn't it a bit to early to freak out? Could just be a way for people to buy the cosmetics they want immediately which I see no problem with. That said we just plain old need to see more of this game in general lol

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
if this game wasn't a launch title it would have been the biggest bomba ever...still might be.

If pubs are going to shove 70 bucks down peeps throats then they are going to have to realize that this type of game doesn't stand a chance in that market. Everyone wants a Fortnite or Rocket League without realizing that a big part of it was that shit was free - cheap.

Aug 12, 2019
I appreciate the attempt, but they need to show more gameplay and go a lot further into detail on this if it's something I would ever actually pick up. Good on Sony for having another launch title, but this does just kind of look like your standard launch title/early life game for a new console.

Micro-transactions suck, but they aren't going away in multiplayer games any time soon.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
Looks fine but not that remarkable. For that price tag and MTX, I feel this game is DOA. Probably a steep discount early to pull people in. I hope I'm wrong but with a fairly packed holiday season, I just can't see this game gaining any kind of traction.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Were they really unable to come up with a less generic name than "Destruction All-Stars"?
This. And the characters are not All-Stars that I can tell at all.

Still not sure hwo the combo of an amazing concept, arena destruction derby, got folded in with the unknown characters running around on foot.
Does it have multiple arenas? Multiple cars per character? Or do you pick your guy independent of your car? Is it a driving version of Overwatch?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
MTX + $70 + zero raw gameplay trailers + a painfully generic name + no apparent "all-star" characters despite the game name...

I feel bad for the devs. It looks like Lucid has been hustling to make ends meet for YEARS now, and this is their first potential spotlight game since Bizarre folded. I sure hope there's a fun game here, but weaving MTX, or MTX-like progression, into a retail-priced GaaS service has been a death knell for so many brand-new IPs in the past five years. OnRush in particular should've been the pow-bang wake-up call for the producers here. But this feels super OnRush-y so far, with a barrel of ideas slamming together in ways that aren't clearly getting communicated to potential players.

If I'd been involved, I would've started by suggesting a MUCH different thematic pivot. Maybe play around with "destruction derby" as a theme and called this Derby Girls, as a twist on Derry Girls...

tumblr_p3uiod2BdO1t2hpuno1_500.gifv

Jan 20, 2019
Of course, but this game does not cost enough to be "10€" more expensive than TLOU2 or GoT no matter what.

Let's not kid ourselves.

Neither does GoT cost the same to be price the same as TLOU2.

We dont know how much it cost to develop, so we cant come to that conclusion, The game is being sold as AAA, if it fails we will know.

May 22, 2018
Already preordered. It's probably my most anticipated launch title because it's part of a genre that doesn't get much representation nowadays, and I've always loved car combat going back to the PS1.

I will say this though, that netcode better be rock solid at launch as this game is already on thin ice with a lot of gamers. This thread is solid proof of that.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
So I got to ask what's wrong with the MTX? We still don't know how it works in this game, only thing we know is that yes its in the game, and that you can earn the same currency by playing the game. Isn't it a bit to early to freak out? Could just be a way for people to buy the cosmetics they want immediately which I see no problem with. That said we just plain old need to see more of this game in general lol

Its probably just cosmetics and we know you can earn the currency in game. People who were expecting MTX to go away with $70 games were fooling themselves, but they've already confirmed their content roadmap is comprised of free updates

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Man, Sony keeping the weird decisions train going. Not showing gameplay for this game a little over a month till release is just bizarre.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks great visually and the gameplay idea sounds interesting...But I'm not going to drop 70 on it. This just isnt one of those games you ask people to shell out 70 on at a console launch. Would definitely in the 30-40 range.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I cautiously want this to be another Driveclub or Onrush, where I wasn't interested but after they launched I ended up loving them. But $69.99 for what obviously is a GAAS game with microtransaction is just too much of a hard sell. I hope there will be a demo or beta.

Grow up please,
Like why do we have to be negative and bring others people work down. Shinobi who's on here worked on it. Just cause you don't like something don't be a dick.

I mean, I guess that should apply to everything - not just projects where known ERA members have worked on.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
No, theyre not gonna put PS5 games up until later like they usually do with new platforms. Maybe in 6-8 months.

This place is fucking miserable right now lol I'm so fucking over the 4chan level of discourse here
November?
We got ps4 games imediatly though. Resogun and contrast (I think) were what we got in nobember 2013.

In response to to other person who quoted me. Hope the plus collection isn't all were getting. A bunch of games I've already beaten and days gone isn't a strong selling point to me.

easter

Nov 15, 2017
im cautiously interested if it feels anything like twisted metal.

obligatory: "but it's only cosmetic!!!"

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
November?
We got ps4 games imediatly though. Resogun and contrast (I think) were what we got in nobember 2013.

In response to to other person who quoted me. Hope the plus collection isn't all were getting. A bunch of games I've already beaten and days gone isn't a strong selling point to me.

True but PS5 doesnt really have that initial push of indie games like PS4 did. They'll leverage the PS4 library for the first few months probably since they couldn't do the same with PS4 launch (no BC).

I dont recall getting any Vita games for free at launch but maybe I dont remember lol