• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
The gifs look really good, but one thing bothers me: The non responsiveness of the robot when Aloy is jumping from above. Would be so much better if he would buckle down a bit or react with tiny movements but the robot just stands still. It just stands out with all the high quality throughout the clips.

Oct 27, 2017
It's incredible how smooth and dynamic the combat is, combining melee and ranged attacks with constant traversal both on higher grounds (using the grapplehook) and into the deep water

Yeah, this seems to be a huge step-up from the first game. Melee combat was definitely one of the weakest aspects there, but it looks way more engaging here.

Damnit, this means I have less than three months to get myself a PS5 because this looks like it needs to be played at the best performance possible!

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
The gifs look really good, but one thing bothers me: The non responsiveness of the robot when Aloy is jumping from above. Would be so much better if he would buckle down a bit or react with tiny movements but the robot just stands still. It just stands out with all the high quality throughout the clips.

Yeah it looks really awkward.

I could understand this happening if the takedown action was already being performed, but the machine freezes when Aloy is still just gliding. Not sure of what is happening there.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
Agreed, perhaps there is skill too override machines that you jump on. Might explain why it doesn't die instantly.

RavenK92

Nov 3, 2020
Probably just a missing animation pointer or other small bug that should be easily fixable in 2 months

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Haven't read the whole thread, but have they mentioned if there is going to be a Performance 60fps mode?
I wanna know if there is going to be a 40fps mode, because from playing Ratchet on my friends 120hz TV, that's the best of both words that I want in every first party game from now on.

My Tulpa

alt account
Banned
Sep 19, 2021
Well, everything so far has been on PS5, and a PC version hasn't even been announced. Doesn't take much deduction

Except we know that the mandate from Sony to devs is to make sure you keep a pc version of games in mind going toward…and we know horizon zero Dawn got a pc version and the nvidia leak tells us Forbidden West is being developed with a pc version in mind…it's very possible guerrilla games is developing for the pc version of games first and porting down to PlayStation ps4 and ps5

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Except we know that the mandate from Sony to devs is to make sure you keep a pc version of games in mind going toward…and we know horizon zero Dawn got a pc version and the nvidia leak tells us Forbidden West is being developed with a pc version in mind…it's very possible guerrilla games is developing for the pc version of games first and porting down to PlayStation ps4 and ps5
Those clips are captured on a PS5, it's clearly stated so, stop with this nonsense

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017

Nothing you said has any baring.

Oct 27, 2017

??? It says "Captured on PS5" right there. Or do you think they're lying, in which case the onus is on you to prove it.

Stop trying to create a controversy where there is none.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I mean, "captured with a ps5" is different than "rendered with ps5 hardware"… I could capture this gameplay with ps3 hardware if I wanted to be technical about it.
Lol, this is the wording that sony has used for PS5 footage since the Future of Gaming showcase in June 2020.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

Well if you want to get really picky about it; basically all games start as a PC version :P

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
game looks great, but I never could never get over that mist that was everywhere in the first one, and it seems to be back here

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South

Yeah it looks really awkward.

I could understand this happening if the takedown action was already being performed, but the machine freezes when Aloy is still just gliding. Not sure of what is happening there.

Agreed, perhaps there is skill too override machines that you jump on. Might explain why it doesn't die instantly.

The machine changes status from passive to attentive right when it stops, meaning something caught it's attention. In HZD, they did that when you whistled, threw a rock or something, etc.

So what's most likely happening there is that Sunhi timed some distraction to make it stop there and get a clean strike from above clip.

This thread is a blast

Ain't it? Horizon threads are always such a thing, since it was first shown and instantaneously dismissed as a flop.

Last edited:

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
The machine changes status from passive to attentive right when it stops, meaning something caught it's attention. In HZD, they did that when you whistled, threw a rock or something, etc.

So what's most likely happening there is that Sunhi timed some distraction to make it stop there and get a clean strike from above clip.

Yeah but in this case the whole animation gets completely paralyzed which isn't normal. I'm assuming it's some kind of bug, until you mentioned I didn't noticed that happened exactly when they became aware of a threat, so I'm assuming the AI just broke in the transition.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
this game has no right to look this good.
must be pc version /s

can't wait to see this running on my c1.

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Seems unlikely. Nothing in this video looks beyond PS5 at all. It's an early cross gen game after all.

And in my case, and in many many other cases, it would be porting up to PS5 from my PC.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Say crossgen as much as you want. But that is a next gen as next gen game (at least in the early years). Someone please tell me that 60fps mode will look like this because holy shit

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
There is no mandate that has ever been disclosed that says they need to keep pc versions in mind. Where are you getting that information??

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be worried about graphics in a Guerilla Games game. They always deliver and aren't known for downgrades. And when they write "captured on PS5" it means that it's actually running on PS5 hardware.

Level 7 Boss

Jun 19, 2018
So many games have poor AI and this dramatically hurts the experience. I'm glad there's a recognition that human combat was poor and that AI is pivotal in game design. Really looking forward to this.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Well, I guess when you got folks thinking this has to be the PC version, then you know it looks good lol
Right lol. Esp when the PC needed to do that is at least 2x 3x the cost of these consoles right now.
I wouldn't be worried about graphics in a Guerilla Games game. They always deliver and aren't known for downgrades. And when they write "captured on PS5" it means that it's actually running on PS5 hardware.
Like sony has been so deliberate about their stuff running on PS5 hardware when showing their games. I do not understand how someone leaps to say that's PC.

cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
As a huge fan of the original, I really love that they aren't focused on realism when it comes to mechanics and game/world design. I mean, if I'm supposed to believe that a bow and arrow can take down metal dinosaurs, why shouldn't the main character be jumping around defying physics and showing superhuman strength? Everything they have shown so far has looked amazing, so I think this was the right choice, if it was a deliberate one.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
One thing that I really loved about the machines AI in the first game was that they tried to predict your movement when firing their projectiles.

For example let's say you were at a significant distance from a Snapmaw and sprinting to your left, they would fire their ice projectiles not at your current position but ahead of you predicting you would be there if you keep running.

I never seen that in any other game.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon sold 10 m copies just like ds3 no?
I can't really find Horizon numbers past early 2019 where they hit 10 million sold. I'd assume it's gathered more steam than that after releasing on PC as well. I meant to say every Souls game, not From game so oopsy there. Not to take away from DS3. Super impressive. I'd still easily expect this game, given the base it has, and the marketing it will receive, and...let's be honest, the more mainstream appeal it has, the edge.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
One thing that I really loved about the machines AI in the first game was that they tried to predict your movement when firing their projectiles.

For example let's say you were at a significant distance from a Snapmaw and sprinting to your left, they would fire their ice projectiles not at your current position but ahead of you predicting you would be there if you keep running.

I never seen that in any other game.

Yeah, at higher difficulties, in special, they were pretty good at leading you when firing.

Also, Stalker would sometimes lay a trap, circle around and push you into the trap.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Horizon sold 10 m copies just like ds3 no?

Horizon sold 10M in 2 years, while it took DS3 4 years to reach that mark.

We didn't get more updates regarding Horizon since then.

I think Elden Ring will sell more at launch, but we'll see. Both will do great anyway, unless something unexpected happens.

Yeah, at higher difficulties, in special, they were pretty good at leading you when firing.

Also, Stalker would sometimes lay a trap, circle around and push you into the trap.

That sounds awesome, never happened to me.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Horizon sold 10M in 2 years, while it took DS3 4 years to reach that mark.

We didn't get more updates regarding Horizon since then.

No idea what the latest figures were, but it likely won't increase much since it's inclusion in the 'Stay At Home' initiative. Free for anyone with a PSN account, no PS+ needed.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
No idea what the latest figures were, but it likely won't increase much since it's inclusion in the 'Stay At Home' initiative. Free for anyone with a PSN account, no PS+ needed.

Yup. There was a ~2 year gap between the 10M number and that initiative, so it probably sold a few million more in that period.