• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
me in early 2010s

GZ6qQdD.png

current prices

SFFokhY.png

https://www.dotabuff.com/cosmetics/pudge/4007-dragonclaw-hook

MANY REGERTS

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
did you just enable/disable steam guard?

I installed the app before I did all this script stuff, at set it as authenticator. Is that what Steam Guard is?

Edit: Oh I see their rule here about needing to have the app installed for 7 days? Honestly fuck this, not even making minimum wage here with the time it's costing me, just gonna forget it for now

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I actually didn't know about that economy enhancer tool, that's cool. I might try this out.

The big reason why I haven't sold my old cards is just because having to do 2 factor confirmation for each individual sale is such a massive pain in the ass.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Would be nice to get a full tutorial on how the script work and what should be installed, what should be deactivated and so on! I Have no idea and i don't want to spent too much time searching for it

The cards you get are random from the game so you can check their average price and choose which option is worth more. Keep in mind you lose a few cents off each price.

They end up usually being pretty similar as you'd expect.

how do i check the price without opening them though... is there a site for that?

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I started to go through the whole set, then just sold the foil cards that were actually worth something. Got the authenticator set up, but it's still putting everything on hold until March. Eh.

Regrets: I backed the Oculus Rift kickstarter way back in the day, and I think that if I'd redeemed + sold the bonus TF2 hat, I could have made some bank back in the day. It looks like it's not a tradeable item now in any case, though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Would be nice to get a full tutorial on how the script work and what should be installed, what should be deactivated and so on! I Have no idea and i don't want to spent too much time searching for it

how do i check the price without opening them though... is there a site for that?
Just go to the game's badge page and it will list all the cards and their current prices. When you open a booster pack you get three random cards. I've never used this website before but it looks decent and does the same thing

www.steamcardexchange.net

Showcase :: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

As war rages on throughout the Northern Realms, you take on the greatest contract of your life — tracking down the Child of Prophecy, a living weapon that can alter the shape of the world.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Augmented Steam says that I have around 2500 card drops remaining. I'm gonna be rich!

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
So what's the best way to idle all my games at the same time in order to get the cards?

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
thanks for the reminder. Just got 2.16 from instant sell and 47 other transactions that will sell on march 3rd because steam takes their stupid market more seriously than my fucking bank

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Made around $290 selling cards over the years, and I usually wait until steep discounts/bundles before buying games so the cards are only worth like 10c at best lol

So what's the best way to idle all my games at the same time in order to get the cards?
Is Idle Master still work?

Don't use idlemaster it's outdated iirc. This is the most used idler afaik

https://github.com/JustArchiNET/ArchiSteamFarm

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
FYI using those auto card finders makes every game show "last played" the day you run it (if you care)

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
I think I got...$400-ish from selling my cards? Granted most of it was from the early days of trading cards where games with cards were relatively rare and people easily pay around a dollar for ordinary cards.

ebugg

Nov 3, 2018
apparently you need some programmer bullshit to get it to work, it's not normal-people software.

pass
you just need to install the chrome extension "violent monkey" then run the script in the op. then it will appear when youre on the steam community market (logged into your account of course). pretty straight forward.
just sold all my csgo crates :D
would have taken hours if done manually.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Just dont go crazy like I did and sold a whole bunch until I got banned from selling for a year :/
I also wouldn't recommend the idle software unless you don't care about the play time counter. Kinda threw off that most of my unplayed games had 10 hours played on them XD

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you just need to install the chrome extension "violent monkey" then run the script in the op. then it will appear when youre on the steam community market (logged into your account of course). pretty straight forward.
I see, that's not so bad. I just did that as well... I think? I don't have any more money in my Steam account. Script said I should end up with $13 or so from my several hundred trading cards. Are they just priced too high?

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
I have to check the market page from browser that have this script installed right? Not from my actual steam?

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
I see, that's not so bad. I just did that as well... I think? I don't have any more money in my Steam account. Script said I should end up with $13 or so from my several hundred trading cards. Are they just priced too high?

People actually have to buy them off of the marketplace. Some games might only sell a couple cards a day, and your's are in that pool for them to buy.

Xianese

Nov 13, 2017
I remember if you completed the set or something you got a random thing from the game (like a wallpaper or emote), I got this anime girl wallpaper and sold it for like $80 lmao. Those were the days.
Some game had a weed leaf emote that regularly sold for $25+ when it came out.

Port Royale 3. I farmed the cards, traded a few to complete the set and when completed got the Weed Leaf. Promptly sold for around $30 I believe.

I also sold a Warframe skin from some steam sales that was randomly awarded to me for around $100.

Good times.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I got to where I only collect the ones for games I'm really into, and just sell off the rest. Finally got my steam level above ten, so I should start getting booster packs now.

ebugg

Nov 3, 2018
Do I have to manually confirm each of these via email for them to actually be sold?
no, but you will need to confirm through the steam app.

How do I know if stuff is actually listed though?

once you've decided what you want to sell, confirm the items through the steam app like you normally would before you sell an item. then once confirmed, they should appear under "my active listings" on this page https://steamcommunity.com/market/