• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This past weekend I got big into selling my Steam trading cards and other random inventory items to see just how much money I could actually get.

I realized that I had a plethora of trading cards and additionally, some CSGO gun skins, so off to the market I went!

With the help of the Steam Economy Enhancer script (link here) I was able to press a single button and have all of my items get posted onto the marketplace automatically, at the most competitive prices.

200+ listings later and I'm now sitting with $30 in my Steam wallet with a potential $10 still to come.

So yeah, PSA to everyone out there that might have a huge stash of Steam cards/items

BTW, post how many cards and items you have and your profit if you decide to sell!

Let's get those big discounts, gamers. I plan on getting Resident Evil 3 with my booty!

Edit: How to install the script https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps...s-steam-inventory.170564/page-2#post-29198869

Last edited:

Deleted member 49438

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I remember buying Trails of Cold Steel 2 with my past Steam cards + the ones I earned from TOCS 1. Pretty nifty if you play all the games you buy & actually wrack these up.

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason I thought they got rid of trading cards because of the programs out there that people were using to farm then sell them with.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
The script seems nice if i want to sell everything at once...

Seems like you still have to do some configuration... i'll see if i'm motivated to do so one day, lol

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I once sold a TF2 hat I got free with the Telltale Sam & Max series for $100. Ridiculous. Everything else has gone for pennies mostly but it's still bought me a few games over the years. That was back when people actually cared about trading cards though.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I ran the script to get cards from games I'm not playing yet, have an insane amount of cards and it's still not done.

Now I'm too lazy to list the cards and figure out what the best price I can get is LOL

May 18, 2018
I might check this out. I only have like maybe 30 but I just got lazy. I wanted to keep them at first but like a year later, I wondered why hahaha.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It became a lot more of pain once they made you confirm every listing on the Steam mobile app with Steam Guard.

Takes forever to list a bunch of stuff.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I wish I had sold the Sam & Max TF2 items and earbuds when that she was going for crazy money. Don't really know why I ever did.

With TF2 being more or less dead to me now I should probably get around to that sooner rather than later.

Edit: Can you sell for actual money or is it just Steam funbucks?

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like throwing CSGO skins into your calculations skews the whole steam card premise of this thread

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
I did this recently, I got like $30 out of it too, it was a lot of cards though.

It became a lot more of pain once they made you confirm every listing on the Steam mobile app with Steam Guard.

Yes this is the only hurdle, but do them all at once on PC, then just approve all at once on the mobile app.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that script safe? MalwareBytes DOES NOT like it

Hmmm, haven't had anything pop up on my end.

I know that there is an extension with similar functions that does in fact have spyware. Ended up with this script based on other people's recommendations!

I've looked through the script and nothing sets off any red flags to me. It might just be that it can change listings for you so it technically takes control of your browser, thus setting off any protection.

It's not absolutely vital to use an auto-lister like this so I would say don't use it if you aren't comfortable!

I feel like throwing CSGO skins into your calculations skews the whole steam card premise of this thread

The CSGO skins only totaled up to maybe $5! I didn't have anything crazy, just a few skins worth between $.30-$.60 each! I actually had a ton of foil cards worth just as much and in general a ton of cards worth around $.15 each! It all adds up if you have an insane amount of cards!

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I earned about 30€ during the beta and have earned a whole lot since. No idea how much in total but it is a LOT. Like easily +100€ even tho I have made a whole bunch of badges too.

I have not been prompted to use the app for verification in maybe a year or so? At least for a looong time.

For some reason I thought they got rid of trading cards because of the programs out there that people were using to farm then sell them with.
There is nothing exploitable about the programs, they just automatically do what you could have done manually. You don't get anything extra from them because you still have to own the games and every game has a set number of cards you can get. The programs don't change that.

Iyagovos

Verified
Jan 18, 2018
Hmmm, haven't had anything pop up on my end.

I know that there is an extension with similar functions that does in fact have spyware. Ended up with this script based on other people's recommendations!

I've looked through the script and nothing sets off any red flags to me. It might just be that it can change listings for you so it technically takes control of your browser, thus setting off any protection.

It's not absolutely vital to use an auto-lister like this so I would say don't use it if you aren't comfortable!

I ran it through TamperMonkey and it was fine, turns out running it on my own machine was what it didn't like!

Deleted member 2840

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't you still have to manually select every single listing on the app and confirm?
Or did they put a "select all" button there?

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Another highly useful steam 'feature' to gather steam credit to buy games :)

And some people say that steam has barely any appealing features or that they don't matter..

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember if you completed the set or something you got a random thing from the game (like a wallpaper or emote), I got this anime girl wallpaper and sold it for like $80 lmao. Those were the days.
Some game had a weed leaf emote that regularly sold for $25+ when it came out.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you still have to manually select every single listing on the app and confirm?
Or did they put a "select all" button there?

They added a checkbox next to each listing, so you can easily select them all (but not "Select All").

Before that you had to press on each one and confirm.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Ah, found the confirmation changes. It happened in October 2018:

We shipped a change earlier today to reduce the number of cases confirmation is required to list an item on the market. Items that typically sell for under $1.00 USD will no longer require confirmation when the list price is reasonably within the median price, but confirmation will still be required once many of those cheaper items are listed. Confirmation will still be required on all rare and valuable items.

We'll be watching for any problems with this change, and make adjustments if needed.

Source

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I made a dollar and fifteen cents. I don't think it was worth the time, but weirdly satisfying nonetheless.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Huh, great idea. Just used that script to list all my cards and old TF2 items (about 50ish or each) very quickly. Gonna get just over £10 in credit, hopefully.

Deleted member 60295

Banned
Sep 28, 2019
Ah, I remember when steam trading cards were new, and worth enough that I paid for some Strange weapons in Team Fortress 2 by selling just my duplicates. Good times.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm too lazy, they've done everything in their power to make it annoying and I just gave up

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
I have this CSGO pass item in my inventory that is currently being sold at $240 or more.
I tend to get a lot of CS players that try to add me as a friend even though I haven't played that game in years.
I assume it's due to them seeing the pass in my inventory. One time I ended up winning an expensive knife skin in the game (around $90 I think) so I listed it on the marketplace. Fairly quickly I had a few people message me and asked to buy it through PayPal instead of the marketplace. I didn't fall for that, of course.

Shurp

Nov 29, 2017
I once sold a TF2 hat I got free with the Telltale Sam & Max series for $100. Ridiculous. Everything else has gone for pennies mostly but it's still bought me a few games over the years. That was back when people actually cared about trading cards though.

I sold my "Vintage Bills Hat" for $80, and somehow managed to get another one, which I also sold for $80

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah they just made it to where those cards can't be sold for money.

That's a lie (or a misconception, or whichever word you prefer which expresses that it isn't true at all). Card idling programs do not affect your ability to sell Steam trading cards. Valve disables card selling for certain removed games (when they remove games because they had been abusing any part of the system, for instance having fake user reviews). Valve doesn't seem to care about IdleMaster, Archi Steam Farm, etc. The only function these programs serve is to "idle" games so Steam thinks you have played enough to "deserve" the card drop.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I have a pile of them that I occasionally dip into to pay for cheap games or DLC.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I sold a jacket from PUBG once for like $130, I then spent all of that on more crates. None of the crates had anything good, one of the dumbest things I've done lol 😭

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I think I made somewhere between 150-200 euros just selling cards. It's real nice! Tip: download a card idler and rake them in while you're doing other stuff. Prioritize anime cards. Folks go crazy for them and pay a premium.

Deleted member 13015

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the information, I do have some from many years ago.

We'll see if I can get anything for them.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Apparently I now have 130 emails to confirm steam item listing....

Any way to remove that?

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I'd do it, but then if I turn off steam guard there is a huge wait time, I think they changed it to 30 days now or some shit. 700+ various cards and booster packs, 1500+ dota 2 stuff

rip. That's a whole lotta clicking in the mobile app.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Who buys these stupid ass cards anyway? I mean what do you do with them? I sold some random AC Odyssey npc cards lol who needw that..

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please for the sake of your friends list go offline when you're doing this.

100% this. You don't even need to go fully offline to do it, Steam's Invisible mode works fine (and it lets you talk to your friends)

w7trXy7.png

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is it putting 165 of my 181 listings on hold until March 3rd?

This whole thing is a gigantic pain in the ass to make 13 bucks