• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
*edit* This doesn't seem to work after the initial load because it redirects to a cached results page. :(

This may seem like a silly thing to put in a thread, but if I put it in a megathread it will be super buried there. I was dying to find a way to do this again, as it's the main way I used Era classic, even after they got rid of the easy link and you had to know the URL.

With the new forum, you can get the functionality back by bookmarking this: https://www.resetera.com/whats-new/posts/?watched=1&unread=1

I hope this helps someone who had the same problem. You can also use browser extension script stuff to replace the normal watched thread link with an unread link if feel so motivated.

Last edited:

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks. Much better!

If only there was something to stop me from clicking on the left side of the thread (in this case showing the OP's user page) rather than the thread title. Muscle memory!

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, thank you so much for this!
Oh my god, thank you so much for this!

Bad news, I just realized that each instance of that URL becomes its own search result or something, so it does not update when threads become read. :( I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, so now I'm no longer aware of a way to see unread-only watched threads.

i didnt know this was a thing in classic era.
Coolio
I think it was a visible option in classic Era for a while, and then they hid it.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
I noticed that when it loaded it seemed to refresh, so clearly wasn't working properly.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
We haven't customized this function at all. Whatever is there is the new software default.

*edit* This doesn't seem to work after the initial load because it redirects to a cached results page. :(
As it seems the solution posted here isn't static, please use the existing 2.0 threads to request changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.