• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
They've had some huge shipments lately. In Canada we had a bunch last week. I think Microsoft ponied up for some extra chip production based on unit sales over the last couple months.

Bodes well for those who want to play Redfall, Starfield, and Forza later this year. Too early to say shortage is "over" but it is nice to see the scalper prices drop to not much more over retail+tax. Looking at ebay I see some listings where the seller barely broke even (after ebay fees).

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
I got an email from Ms last week about them being in stock at the ms store as well. Hopefully they shipped out a lot so people that been wanting one can get one .

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
Honestly this felt like a miracle with how bad these stock issues have been. Thanks again for this OP. I had given up all hope of upgrading to next gen anytime soon so this was a huge get for me. Now just to get the PS5...

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Buddy was able to order one, thank you! Wonder if they actually have it in stock and how soon it'll ship...

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
PSA: Walmart is not only in the USA.
It's based in the USA

And how would the OP know what is in and out of stock at Walmart in every country?

Unless someone specifies a different country on era, you can generally assume they are talking about the US.

I'm surprised it's still in stock. These use to sell out in seconds...Wth is going on?
Maybe scalping is dying off? GPUs are starting to come back in stock too.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Nice, hopefully this is a sign that there will be a lot of stock for the Fall and Holiday season to match the demand when Starfield comes out.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
There was a comment in the npd thread that MS spent big on securing chips and had really ramped up production. People are saying Canada was receiving big shipments too.

i'll say this: i know of some places that are starting to get stock that haven't since launch day

just to put in perspective how bad the shortage was

supercommodore

Prophet of Truth
Apr 13, 2020
UK
welfare posted on installbase yesterday saying that he expects the Series X shipment to be pretty massive.

Below was the pic he posted showing just how many GameStop locations are getting stock. Don't know how that compares to Walmart's though.

FODiWRrVgAEhvUZ

SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
They were out of stock last night when I looked before bed. It was back up to $850 ones being sold through 3rd parties and scalpers. Now back at $499, must've updated the stock again overnight. This must've been a crazy haul.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if you can just buy the console itself or are you forced to do the all access thing? My friend has been looking to buy the console.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Anyone have the order shipped or preparing yet? Guess I'm just worried I'm gonna get a random email from Wal-Mart saying the order was cancelled or something given how impossible this thing has been to get so far, lol.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Even if it takes a couple weeks to ship, it's much nicer to be able to just put your name down and not worry about looking for one. Wish they did that from the beginning. As much as people meme about the Steam Deck queue, I think it's better than having to setup notification bots and crap like that.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's based in the USA
I came in not knowing the region and I don't assume this is the USA. I would hope for the region to be specified when making a PSA about a deal from a worldwide-located company, despite where it is based.

Edit: While I agree with your reasoning, I feel that it doesn't take much effort to add "(USA)" or "(US)" into the title to help avoid confusion and wasting people's time.

Last edited:

Dozer

May 30, 2019
Orlando, FL
I've been looking at it in stock and estimated delivery time of this Monday all day today, it seems Microsoft has fixed supply issues in a real way?

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've been looking at it in stock and estimated delivery time of this Monday all day today, it seems Microsoft has fixed supply issues in a real way?
They bought up a bunch of manufacturing. So it may be fixed for MS temporarily at the expense of others.

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
Damn how did Microsoft manage to build so many Series X all of a sudden? I already have one but am tempted to buy one for my Dad because I can literally buy one right now if I wanted to, insane.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Damn how did Microsoft manage to build so many Series X all of a sudden? I already have one but am tempted to buy one for my Dad because I can literally buy one right now if I wanted to, insane.
Might as well place an order its not like it would ship for a while anyway it seems. Then you can cancel if you change your mind

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so happy I checked this thread. Got a Series X through Walmart! Didn't sign up for Walmart + either. It will be delivered by March 23rd! Finally!

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Wow, I can't believe how long this is staying in stock. Stark contrast to 1 year ago. If I didn't already have one, I'd be buying it. Good luck, all

Status
Not open for further replies.