• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

Like last year with Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Nintendo is giving E3 Attendees a chance to play select games at the booth (specifically, Pokemon Sword/Shield and Luigi's Mansion 3) without waiting too long in lines, by implementing a Fast Pass-style system.
warp2.png

warp.png

Important Info from the FAQ page:

What is a Warp Pipe Pass?
  • A Warp Pipe Pass is a reservation that lets you play Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield or Luigi's Mansion 3 during a specific day and time period at E3 2019.
  • There is no cost for Warp Pipe Passes at E3 2019.
Why should I get a Warp Pipe Pass?
  • Warp Pipe Pass holders at E3 2019 will take a shortcut and gain priority access in line during their designated time to line up and play.
  • Warp Pipe Passes are great for E3 attendees who like to plan out their day in advance and reduce their wait time in lines to play.
Which games are eligible for the Warp Pipe Pass?
  • Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
  • Luigi's Mansion 3
Can you play both Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield and Luigi's Mansion 3?
Yes, but you must register for each demo separately and at different time slots.

How do I register?
Starting on June 6 at 5 p.m. PT, you can register online at experience.nintendo.com. After you've successfully registered, you will receive a confirmation email from Nintendo.

Please note, you must have a valid E3 2019 badge and a Nintendo Account to sign up for a Warp Pipe Pass.

Warp Pipe Pass registration closes at 11:59 p.m. PT the night before each event. Warp Pipe Passes are only available while supplies last.

I don't think I received a confirmation email with my pass. What can I do?
Please check that the pass was successfully registered by verifying it under "My RSVPs" from the navigation bar on experience.nintendo.com.

If the pass exists, you can always use your browser to print it out by clicking 'Check In' from the navigation bar. We will also send a copy of the pass to the e-mail address associated with your Nintendo Account. If you still can't locate the email, be sure to check your SPAM folder.

What if I registered with a My Nintendo account instead of a Nintendo Account—will that still work?
Yes, you can use the information from your My Nintendo profile to sign up for a Warp Pipe Pass.

What if the Warp Pipe Passes run out? Will I be able to sign up on-site for a pass?
Same day on-site registration will not be available. However, you will be able to sign up for a pass for the following day, should there be any passes available. Only a limited amount of Warp Pipe Passes will be available for select games. There will also be a regular standby line available.

Can I register for more than one pass for the same game?
No, attendees can only register for one pass, per game, per day. Reservations with more than one pass to one game title per day may be cancelled.

When registering online, I see timeslots but am not able to select any. What's wrong?
If all timeslots are grayed out, that means there are no more timeslots available. You can only select timeslots that are blue (available).

Will my timeslot be reserved until I finish the entire RSVP process?
Your timeslot will be held for 10 minutes only if you are logged into your Nintendo Account and have selected a valid timeslot. If you do not currently have a Nintendo Account, we highly recommend you complete this process before the Warp Pipe Passes become available.

I want to ensure that my friend and I can go at the same hour. How do I do that?
Nintendo cannot guarantee that you will both be able to secure the same time slot, but we encourage you and your friend to try and access the event site at the same time when the passes become available. That way, you'll have the best chance to try and reserve your Warp Pipe Passes during the same designated time.

Can I register for my friend?
No, but if they are also attending E3, we encourage your friend to try and secure their own pass. If they do not have a Nintendo Account, they can sign up for one, free of charge, by visiting https://accounts.nintendo.com/register.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hmm I wonder if Mua3 isn't included because it's having four player stations meaning higher tirn with less stations

caylen

Publisher - Riot Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
santa monica
If this is your first time attending E3 & you want to play those games: you really want to use this service. Not sure how well it's going to work (reservation systems at cons can be wonky), but given how popular Nintendo's area always is, this seems like a godsend and a mustdo.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
On one hand it seems like I'd probably need to do this. On the other hand, i could see myself cancelling either of those appointments if almost anything else was going on at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.