• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Can't wait to hop back in once all my exams are over. Let's hope a lot of new players stick around for a while because this may be my last chance to play the multiplayer. I haven't been able to consistently gets matches for over a year now.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Awesome, would play it if I had it installed.

Just gonna shamelessly post myself pulling off a 1v5 Last Titan Standing from back when I was all in, if not to keep the hype going.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Titanfall 2 Campaign is a masterpiece, but Titanfall 1 Multiplayer was better than T2.

And on Xbox One X now it's finally 60fps locked.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Reinstalled and having a blast.

Man, I can't hit shit as a pilot anymore though...

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
that's fucking great. I play from time to time, and last month, it only had like 800 players at night.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
GOAT MP. Love this game. Fun SP, too.

How are the player numbers on Xbox? I may dust off Scorch.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I feel so sorry for shooting so many new pilots! I love finding a match in seconds.

Amazing game.

Oct 25, 2017
It would be really interesting to see how much this player count can be sustained. Really hoping Respawn/EA/Microsoft push it out to Game Pass or Xbox Live Gold as well.

amnesties

Nov 17, 2017
before the boom i'd usually log on at like 10am-11am GMT and there'd be 900 -1200 players online. those were some dark days man

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This game never stopped being great. I'm so happy it's got such an active population now, even just for a little while. Titanfall matches have this perfect pace and enormous scale that never gets old, and with some practice you can pull off some truly Jedi-tier parkour stuff.

I've gone through my old videos and GIF'ed some of my favorite moments.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This game. THIS GAME!

Oct 25, 2017
It's not the same.

a. It's tied to ps plus, therefore only available to subscribers
b. Those who add it to their library will continue to have access to it after this month
It's not really because it's only available to those paying a subscription and the devs earn money from PS Plus.
You need PS Plus to play online anyway, so it's functionally the same thing. Getting paid by Sony to have it on the monthly Plus games is really the only difference. It's basically a F2P game to those who grab it this month.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
That's awesome! The way this game was sent out to die was so sad and way too few people got a chance to play it.

methane47

Oct 28, 2017
My fellow Titanfall devouts...

Let us celebrate the momentus moment of Titanfall 2.... 3 years after it's release.... I currently avging 80 THOUSAND PLUS players due to obviously, being free on PSPlus this month.

I've got more than 400hrs logged with TF2 MP both between Xbox and PS4 as well as have the Platinum and have NEVER seen the player count this high!!!! (Not even during it's intitial release back in 2016)

Hopefully this sends a strong message to EA and to Respawn :)

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR COMING OUT.... KEEPING THE SCENE ALIVE!!!! \m/

Holy shit Titan Fall 2 came out in 2016?
How old am I?!
Feels like fkin yesterday

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
There is no FPS experience more sublime than TF2 - the gun play and mixture of mech is perfection. A TF3 next generation would be probably my most anticipated title.

I've played MP for some 50 hours and prestiged six times. Glad to get back into it with a renewed player base! I am actually heartened when I see new players make Top 3 and hope they stick around.

Oct 25, 2017
I've played MP for some 50 hours and prestiged six times. Glad to get back into it with a renewed player base! I am actually heartened when I see new players make Top 3 and hope they stick around.

I think that's probably the best part about the MP in this game. You don't have to know all of the advanced mechanics to feel empowered and succeed. At the same time, the skill gap is also great because the game is incredibly rewarding when you do know the advanced mechanics.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
I think that's probably the best part about the MP in this game. You don't have to know all of the advanced mechanics to feel empowered and succeed. At the same time, the skill gap is also great because the game is incredibly rewarding when you do know the advanced mechanics.

Precisely! And it's my prime example of why skill based match making isn't always best (or maybe Titanfall 2 is unique in that way).

Nov 2, 2017
I'll have to check it out again.

I remember trying to play again a few months ago and I couldn't find a match in the Team Deathmatch game mode to save my life.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Just make it completely F2P already.

I enjoy the game, but I still feel like I cant keep playing for super long sessions and I dont know why that is. TBH, Im just not a big fan of the Titan gameplay, unless Im using the Titan to kill pilots. I love flying through the maps though, and Im actually sad that I was so harsh on TF2.

Next to Halo, Titanfall CTF was super fun, just wish players on console were more competent.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
It's always incredible to see the difference between dirt cheap (<$5) and free for a game. When it goes on sale for $3, nobody cares. when it's free, you get 80k people with a "well might as well" mentality, and BOOM! Playerbase is revitalized. I agree with others here, I really hope Respawn/EA sees this and decides to pake the PC and xbox versions free - they still can get cash from the Prime titans and cosmetic packs.

Even now, I can get a match of attrition in ~1 minute of matchmaking on PC, and it's still an absolute blast - Northstar, oh how I have missed ye.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
For this talking about Titanfall 3, they know that's viable. They admitted it on a conference call earlier this year that they haven't forgotten about it. This can only help of course, but I think they'll wait for the next consoles to give us TF3.

"This... is a battle of attrition!"

Oct 25, 2017
Precisely! And it's my prime example of why skill based match making isn't always best (or maybe Titanfall 2 is unique in that way).

Yeah, if I remember correctly, Respawn instituted very minimal SBMM because of small player counts. I think they made finding a match the priority, but there was some SBMM if things aligned.

Can't remember where I read that interview they did (either on the old site or reddit).
It's always incredible to see the difference between dirt cheap (<$5) and free for a game. When it goes on sale for $3, nobody cares. when it's free, you get 80k people with a "well might as well" mentality, and BOOM! Playerbase is revitalized. I agree with others here, I really hope Respawn/EA sees this and decides to pake the PC and xbox versions free - they still can get cash from the Prime titans and cosmetic packs.

Even now, I can get a match of attrition in ~1 minute of matchmaking on PC, and it's still an absolute blast - Northstar, oh how I have missed ye.

I think it helps that going free on PS+ has an inherent (and explicit) marketing push associated with it compared to the game just going below $10 at retailers with no fanfare whatsoever.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Tempted to get a month of PS+ and play some matches.

or get it on Xbox. How is the population there?

I miss TF2

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm so fucking happy about this, TF2 is my go to multiplayer and I play it daily, this might be short lived but literally a few days ago I was having trouble getting into a full 6v6 match.

I hope it gets crossplay with xbox too.