• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
My fellow Titanfall devouts...

Let us celebrate the momentus moment of Titanfall 2.... 3 years after it's release.... I currently avging 80 THOUSAND PLUS players due to obviously, being free on PSPlus this month.

I've got more than 400hrs logged with TF2 MP both between Xbox and PS4 as well as have the Platinum and have NEVER seen the player count this high!!!! (Not even during it's intitial release back in 2016)

Hopefully this sends a strong message to EA and to Respawn :)

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR COMING OUT.... KEEPING THE SCENE ALIVE!!!! \m/

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, this is good to see.
I know Apex bumped the player count up a bit earlier in the year, too.

Hopefully this can get on Gold or Game Pass, because I much prefer playing it with an Xbox controller for bumper jumping, and I have more stuff unlocked on that version.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
WOOT

Yeah, I just jumped in again because of the player count. Seeing it at that level is kind of mind-blowing, and matchmaking is nearly instantaneous.

The ignorant masses are finally seeing the truth and the light that is Titanfall 2!

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
I wish I had this on PS4 so I could join the fun. Hopefully we'll see a bump in player count once EA releases it on Steam as well.

OP
OP
AgentOtaku

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, really nice. Surely EA Access coming to PS4 a few months back gave it a bump too?

Not really no... I mean, a VERY small one and mostly on Xbox. Most small bumps honestly come every time (which is often) it goes on sale for like $5
On PSN tho, it's numbers have been baaaad the last couple of years. Lows around just 700 and highs being 3k :/

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's so cool to see the player count that high.

I'm legit surprised TF2 hasn't been added to Game Pass given Microsoft's attachment to the franchise from its early days.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I'm used to seeing 2-3k players max. Can't wait to hop back in, best shooter this gen imo

Nov 11, 2017
Unfortunately it's the inferior titanfall but it's always great to see a game that originally had marketing issues find some player success

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
How are Xbox numbers? I have the ps+ copy but can also get it through that free month of ea access that ultimate subscribers get.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot this was a ps plus game. Shows lots of people outside of here didnt own it so good for respawn.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing what the price of "free" will do even for a game that's been like $5 (and less?) multiple times.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I'll probably try it again this month. I doubt I'll stick with it but I might as well join in the fun.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
It's still on plus this month yeah? Might DL it despite having it on pc

Joelington

Sep 13, 2019
Canada
So glad to be able to get this game and play it with an active user base.
First time in years that I've been into a multiplayer shooter.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Time to reinstall and finally get some full matches going for the first time since launch week, I guess!

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's good, but just nowhere near as good as 1. It put me off playing after a while as I just kept wishing it was 1.

Amazing SP though.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah it was dead before, around 1k-2k per day. Been playing lately, it's so good.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I loved the game on PC but by the time I actually got around to playing it, you could barely find a single player online. Pretty cool it's got a massive playerbase now even if it's on another platform.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I reinstalled and played it after Apex Legends was released.

It's awesome to see Titanfall 2 resurge. :)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah I'm so glad the PS+ release revived it, I've been playing it a lot again recently.

I'm a heretic and still enjoy Pilots v Pilots maybe the most out of all game modes

Jangowuzhere

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy Shit

How is PC count? I tried jumping in years ago before Apex, and it was basically dead.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully means they make a Titanfall 3.

That plays like Titanfall 1.

SenseiX

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing since a month after launch and the game hasn't aged at all. Waiting a couple of seconds for a game feels sooo goood.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah. I'm no longer playing but this makes me very happy to hear. Such a great game. Tempted to dust off my PS4 and hop on.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Even though Titanfall 2 was good, I wish Titanfall 1 had a population jump like this. I vastly preferred 1 to 2. Not saying 2 was bad at all, just preferred the Titan system, burn cards etc.

May have to hop on PS4 and check it out again =)

Mar 23, 2018
It's crazy if they don't make this FP2 and capitalise on this boost in popularity.

I think this would be a bad idea. They don't want two competing free to play games set in the same universe that are both first person shooters. Making it free to play would be a mistake too. At this point it almost is being free with PS+. It's close enough. There's an expectation that F2P games get lots of free updates and I doubt this game will get any updates 3 years later.. This TF2 uptick is good for the potential of TF3, but I think it will be short lived.