• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
MX vs. ATV Alive is free for people with Xbox Live Gold:

MX vs. ATV Alive

Buy MX vs. ATV Alive | Xbox

Own the competition as you wrestle for position with tightly contested racing in the fifth iteration of the MX vs ATV franchise. Feel the realism of the revolutionary real-world physics engine which has defined the racing genre. Live the sport as Alive captures the spectacle of motocross and the...
modern store link

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
It seems I dodged a bullet there, even as a GTA-playing teenager, when a friend showed me Postal 2 and asked me if I wanted to play too for a bit I was like "nope thanks I'm good" that game was and still is "too much" for me.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
It seems I dodged a bullet there, even as a GTA-playing teenager, when a friend showed me Postal 2 and asked me if I wanted to play too for a bit I was like "nope thanks I'm good" that game was and still is "too much" for me.
Haha, yup. I watched a friend play at his house when we were young and dumb, and we admittedly had some tasteless laughs.
But these days, it's safe to say this is a game I won't bother adding to any collection, even for free.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that I enjoy this game as much as I do, especially since RWS are a bunch racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic assholes. And a lot of that is in Postal 2.

I think years upon years of legitimate patching and game optimization turned Postal 2 into a genuinely fun sandbox shooter.

Mechanically speaking it just feels great to play on modern hardware.

The themes and jokes are pretty throwaway (though Gary Coleman will never not be funny), but the actual gameplay loop is pretty damn satisfying.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I see some games listed as free on the PSN, but they're usually demos.

ba2

Oct 20, 2019

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
store.steampowered.com

The Elder Scrolls: Arena on Steam

THE LEGEND BEGINS
store.steampowered.com

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall on Steam

THE GREAT MACHINE AWAKENS...
store.steampowered.com

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory on Steam

Wolfenstein®: Enemy Territory is a free-to-play, objective-based multiplayer World War 2 first-person shooter. Featuring up to 32 players, choose either the Axis or Allies, as you fight across six maps based on real-world battle locations.

Hmm. Seems you can't add them while on mobile. Maybe have to be on pc. But always wanted to play the older elder scrolls

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Seems you can't add them while on mobile. Maybe have to be on pc. But always wanted to play the older elder scrolls
They released as Free to Play and Free so you'd need to install them. It's not like a game that gets discounted to $0 where you can add it to your account.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
They released as Free to Play and Free so you'd need to install them. It's not like a game that gets discounted to $0 where you can add it to your account.
Yep. You can add them to your games list by clicking install while using an incompatible platform. Like I click install Wolfenstein, Steam opens on my Mac, then gives me an error because its a Mac. But the game is now in my games list.

Not that it really matters. It's F2P, I don't own it.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

THE LEGEND BEGINS
store.steampowered.com

store.steampowered.com

Wolfenstein®: Enemy Territory is a free-to-play, objective-based multiplayer World War 2 first-person shooter. Featuring up to 32 players, choose either the Axis or Allies, as you fight across six maps based on real-world battle locations.

I played hundreds and hundreds of hours of Enemy Territory back in the day. I played so much I'd hear the sound effects walking around IRL. Great game!

Staal

Oct 27, 2017
store.steampowered.com

THE LEGEND BEGINS
store.steampowered.com

store.steampowered.com

Oh wow I played so much ET in those long gone years. Is there still a community for it?

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Also currently free with Xbox Live Gold:
Braid, Joe Danger 2: The Movie (permanent entitlement)
Yoku's Island Express (subscription-bound entitlement)

Buy Braid | Xbox

Manipulate the flow of time. Rescue the Princess; contemplate the world; save yourself.

Buy Joe Danger 2: The Movie | Xbox

Take Joe Danger on a death-defying thrill ride across the set of the greatest blockbuster movie ever made.Chase crooks on your police bike, destroy laser firing robots with a stolen jetpack, escape giant boulders in a minecart, time-travel to punch dinosaurs and divert the nuclear missiles on...

Buy Yoku's Island Express | Xbox

Meet Yoku, the pint-sized postman protagonist of Yoku's Island Express! Use a unique blend of pinball mechanics, platforming and open world exploration to unlock the secrets of Mokumana Island, help the locals, awaken ancient deities and much more in this amazing new tropical adventure!

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018

Buy MX vs. ATV Alive | Xbox

Own the competition as you wrestle for position with tightly contested racing in the fifth iteration of the MX vs ATV franchise. Feel the realism of the revolutionary real-world physics engine which has defined the racing genre. Live the sport as Alive captures the spectacle of motocross and the...
modern store link

As an update to this game

It is currently free for everyone, you don't need gold/GPU to get this now

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Ms Splosion Man is free on korean/japanese Microsoft store (360/ONE). No need to have Gold

edit: Forgot to mention that you don't need to create another account for it, just search for the japanese page and then login with your account

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Or, here it is:

Ms. Splosion Man™ を購入 | Xbox

トラブルなら彼女におまかせ、全部爆破で即解決! それは Splosion Man 捕獲を祝して Big Science で催されたパーティー会場での出来事。こぼれたシャンパンが引き起こした安全プロトコルのショートが、Ms. Splosion Man を生み出した! Splosion Man、The Maw、Comic Jumper に続く Twisted Pixel Games の最新作、Ms. Splosion man。本作には、シングル プレイ用レベル 50 と協力マルチプレイヤー キャンペーン マップ 50 が用意されています。

Also, The Maw

The Maw を購入 | Xbox

エイリアンの進化の頂点にある Maw は、食事と休憩が最大の関心事の太っちょのおくびょう者。でも、食べた物の特徴は何でも自分のものにすることができ、事実上破壊不能で、限りなく大きく成長もする。宇宙の全生命にとっての脅威にならなければ、パーフェクトなペットになりうる存在。このアクション・アドベンチャーゲームでは、Maw はみんなのヒーローである Frank の親友で、二人は協力して自由を手に入れる。

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
The Maw requires Gold account though. It's still valid for this thread's purpose though and I'll add to that: Cloning clyde, Braid, Joe Danger 2, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Dark void. Except Dark Void, which you need to redeem through South Korea, the others are all available from your country's store.

Just made a 1€ gpu account and redeemed a bunch of things. The Maw especially was on my wishlist

Green

Oct 27, 2017
New Amazon Prime games are up:

Dead Space 2 (Origin Code)
The Curse of Monkey Island
Shattered - Tale of the Forgotten King
Out of Line
Cat Quest
Mail Mole + 'Xpress Deliveries

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Somehow I did not own my own copy of Dead Space 2 🤷‍♂️

I downloaded Shattered. It's a 3rd person Souls like with platforming (double jump + airdash). Seems like it might be open world as well?

ba2

Oct 20, 2019
7026siK.jpg

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
Redout: Enhanced Edition
store.epicgames.com

Redout: Enhanced Edition

Download and play Redout: Enhanced Edition at the Epic Games Store. Check for platform availability and price!

Repeat Giveaways

Prey
store.epicgames.com

Prey | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Download and play Prey at the Epic Games Store. Check for platform availability and price!

Jotun Valhalla Edition
store.epicgames.com

Jotun Valhalla Edition by Thunder Lotus - Epic Games Store

Download Jotun Valhalla Edition by Thunder Lotus at the Epic Games Store. Jotun is a hand-drawn action-exploration game set in Norse mythology.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
unknown.png

I see we're back to the May mystery game as of next Thursday.

2020 gave GTA5 and 2021 gave NBA 2K21, so they're usually somewhat high profile releases. Will be interesting to see what this one is.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
I claimed Borderlands 3 and somehow received one of those 25%-off-$15 mega coupons, which I thought you'd only get if you bought something from the sale first. Cool.
edit: didn't read the previous post oops.