• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
For all that might have missed it and are here for free Twitch games, go and change your Twitch (& Amazon?) password.

Oct 25, 2017
Outer Heaven
For all that might have missed it and are here for free Twitch games, go and change your Twitch (& Amazon?) password.

That's one way of putting it.
www.resetera.com

[VGC] The entirety of Twitch has reportedly been leaked

No problem. Even if I made a mistake, what ended up being posted original was a horrible thing to say.
Didn't see this, thanks

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Wow, that's some expensive DLC for that PC building simulator.

On Steam e.g., $19.99 for the game, $64.90 for the DLC.

Oct 25, 2017

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Darq dev probably got the better deal here. He first built good will with Steam/Gog users which probably gave him a good early boost in sales, after that he got Epic paycheck once the sales and early hype windows had ended. Been the other way around, as a small developer releasing in other storefronts after the Epic deal had ended would have probably diminishing returns and would have to compete with new releases.

2 gifts from Era of not Yakuza

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Era of not Yakuza Era of not Yakuza!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Origin Origin: Star Wars Squadrons - Won by eddy (1 entry)
  • Origin Origin: Star Wars Squadrons - Won by McFly McFly (1 entry)

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
seems like a pretty good month for Prime. feels like they're stepping up recently. easily equivalent or better than humble bundle recently

Yeah I was never one to turn my nose up at whatever games were on offer since I'd get Prime regardless of free games, but the jump in quality from the last couple months has been dramatic. I hope they keep it up.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, maybe last month wasn't some crazy outlier for Prime and this is the new normal? Pretty amazing if so!

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Never actually done the prime games thing. Though they had some other platform I had to install and didn't just hand out keys.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Never actually done the prime games thing. Though they had some other platform I had to install and didn't just hand out keys.
Most of the games are on their Amazon Games launcher. However, a) you can claim them on the website and deal with the launcher later if you want, b) you own them forever.

This reminds me, is the Alien Isolation EGS in this months Prime a code I can giftbot?

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Well then. I was looking to buy Control but guess I'll wait to see if I get it for free on steam. Thanks for the info.

Samurai_Heart

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Drones, The Human Condition on Steam

An addictive fast paced twin stick arena shooter with banging electronic sound track, nostalgic nods and a barrage of flashing lights and bullets. Your task is simple, kill drones, free humans, don't die!
store.steampowered.com

Beneath a Steel Sky on Steam

After being abducted by brutal soldiers and his kinfolk butchered, Robert Foster finds himself in Union City - a vast metropolis under the tyranny of a fascist AI. Alone, save for the circuit board of his best friend, Foster must discover the sinister truth - and why they specifically came for him.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Drones, The Human Condition on Steam

An addictive fast paced twin stick arena shooter with banging electronic sound track, nostalgic nods and a barrage of flashing lights and bullets. Your task is simple, kill drones, free humans, don't die!
store.steampowered.com

Beneath a Steel Sky on Steam

After being abducted by brutal soldiers and his kinfolk butchered, Robert Foster finds himself in Union City - a vast metropolis under the tyranny of a fascist AI. Alone, save for the circuit board of his best friend, Foster must discover the sinister truth - and why they specifically came for him.

Beneath a Steel Sky is always free AFAIK

Oct 29, 2017
Beneath a Steel Sky is always free AFAIK
New-ish on steam tho. The amazing people at ScummVM worked with the Revolution Software team to make it freeware. Every platform its on (GOG, Steam, even ScummVM's own site), it's powered by ScummVM, with the team doing a full port to ScummVM.

Worth noting, since this is the free games thread, the other free games ScummVM has worked on with the devs to make freeware/ sometimes open source are on this page, and include:

Beneath a Steel Sky
Broken Sword 2.5 (a fan made game, with blessings from Revolution Software)
Dráscula: The Vampire Strikes Back
DreamWeb
Flight of the Amazon Queen
The Griffon Legend
Lure of the Temptress
Hi Res Adventure #1: Mystery House (the first adventure game with graphics!)
Nippon Safes, Inc.
Sfinx
Soltys

The free Leisure Suit Larry games through IndieGala (not to bring that topic up again), and the LucasArts games that Twitch gives out also work fine

They also support a wide array of Text Adventure engines, meaning most (but due to the wide array of ways Text Adventures work, probably not all) of the games found in The Interactive Fiction Archive, and the last update added support for AGS engine games, of which a few have been given away in the past through services in this thread, and a wide array of games, both free and paid are found through the AGS site, and some outside of that site, like Maniac Mansion Deluxe, a freeware fanmade remake/remaster of the LucasArts classic (of which the original site is no longer extant, but you can find downloads through The Internet Archive, and elsewhere)