• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh looks like you're right - GOG popped it on the front page for me in the "Deals" section though, pretty dishonest IMO.
Maybe it's just to highlight the sale for Quake II because of Quake-con?
It's only 1.50 on steam, and double that on Gog (with all the expansions included. Doesn't seem like they sell it on its own there).

elPolloDiablo

Apr 9, 2021
the Netherlands
You might have missed the memo and the few posts above but Quake 2 RTX isn't 'free' but the standard trial edition you can get on steam or what have you so its not free but a few levels
Yes I clearly missed that memo :). I was mistaken into thinking this was all levels for RTX when it showed up in my feed, but apparently I cannot read. So yes you still need Quake 2 to get all Quake 2 levels in Quake 2 RTX

Hedonism Bot

Oct 27, 2017
Funny, I was just talking about how broken this game still is on PC. Horrible microstutter every 2 seconds with no way to fix it.

It really is still a horrendous experience on PC. They've got it running perfectly on PS5, but this almost always happens with unreal engine projects, and especially their wonky version of the engine.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
It really is still a horrendous experience on PC. They've got it running perfectly on PS5, but this almost always happens with unreal engine projects, and especially their wonky version of the engine.

Yeah, I basically messed around with it for about 4 hours trying everything to fix the stutter. Way over my refund limit.

Been waiting for the PS5 one to go on sale digitally so I can finally play the game. Was hoping for a sale with the announcement of the new one today, but no dice.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Yeah, I basically messed around with it for about 4 hours trying everything to fix the stutter. Way over my refund limit.

Been waiting for the PS5 one to go on sale digitally so I can finally play the game. Was hoping for a sale with the announcement of the new one today, but no dice.
On steam the 2 hour limit isn't hard at all. Write your issue thoroughly and honestly, and as long as it doesn't look to be a habit on your end, it's likely you'll get the refund.

Sounds like like that was a while ago so it might not help now, but in the future!

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
On steam the 2 hour limit isn't hard at all. Write your issue thoroughly and honestly, and as long as it doesn't look to be a habit on your end, it's likely you'll get the refund.

Sounds like like that was a while ago so it might not help now, but in the future!

I bought it on Epic, and actually have about 6 hours on it at this point from re-downloading it and trying some crazy new fix that someone came up with on Reddit or the Steam forums that of course never fixed the stutter.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking love Yoku's Island Express. The pinball mechanics can be a little frustrating, but once it clicks it's a great, charming, metroidvania.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Last day for Street Fighter IV for folks with Xbox Live Gold.

Comprar STREET FIGHTER IV | Xbox

¡Tras 10 años de larga espera la famosa saga de lucha de Capcom ha vuelto!¡Ponte en la piel de Ryu o Chun-Li para enfrentarte a luchadores jamás vistos!Participa en combates en línea desde el modo Arcade con un nuevo sistemaque permite a otros jugadores desafiarte en tiempo real.¡Muéstrale al...

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
So , Knockout City is apparently free on Origin if you have Amazon Prime connected to a twitch account .

https://gaming.amazon.com/home

Scroll al the way to to bottom where it says Games with Prime ... I'm kinda shocked as it's a pretty new game right?
Thanks!

I guess it makes sense for a smaller, indie multiplayer game. I mean it giving it away "for free" did wonders for Rocket League on PSN+ (I'm sure there are other examples too, they're just not coming to mind right now).

Yiepekaiyei

Nov 20, 2017
Brazil
Thanks!

I guess it makes sense for a smaller, indie multiplayer game. I mean it giving it away "for free" did wonders for Rocket League on PSN+ (I'm sure there are other examples too, they're just not coming to mind right now).

I guess Fall Guys too, depending if they were not a part of Epic Games when their game came out on psplus and exploded in popularity.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yoku's Island Express EGS link for the people that are lazy like me:
www.epicgames.com

Yoku's Island Express

Download and play Yoku's Island Express at the Epic Games Store. Check for platform availability and price!

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
So I don't think anybody posted this month's Prime games except for Knockout City.

Tools Up!
Sam and Max Hit the Road
Puzzle Agent
Candleman: The Complete Journey
Unmemory
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Thanks. However it says after using that, "Successfully added to your library", then when I go to the client to view my library it isn't there. Instead it's in the pile of "free games" i.e. demos etc., and clicking on it there gives the same error as before.

If it doesn't work, no big deal, I played it on console years ago and tbh I won't be playing it again.

ba2

Oct 20, 2019
Trials Fusion [Ubisoft]
store.ubi.com

Trials Fusion

やればやるほど上手くなる。世界を夢中にしたトライアルバイクゲームの決定版。