• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Rogue Company is also out of closed beta and it's free to play.

www.epicgames.com

Rogue Company

The world needs saving and only the best of the best can do it. Suit up as one of the elite agents of Rogue Company and go to war in a variety of different game modes. Gear up and go Rogue! Download and play FREE now!

A great team based shooter.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Rogue Company is also out of closed beta and it's free to play.

www.epicgames.com

Rogue Company

The world needs saving and only the best of the best can do it. Suit up as one of the elite agents of Rogue Company and go to war in a variety of different game modes. Gear up and go Rogue! Download and play FREE now!

A great team based shooter.

If it's permanent F2P, this is probably not the right thread to post this game.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Amazon Prime Gaming has the following. List looks very meh other than Dead Age which is Very Positive on Steam.

• Layers of Fear
  • Silver Chains
  • Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl
  • Surf World Series
  • Dead Age

store.steampowered.com

Save 90% on Dead Age on Steam

Survive the zombie apocalypse with a “Final Fantasy” turn-based combat and permanent death! Manage survivors, craft materials, and make difficult decisions. Defend your camp against hordes of the undead to prevail in this non-linear rogue-lite (comparable to FTL). Innovative Indie Survival-RPG!

woo

Nov 11, 2017
I don't understand how I can see my Amazon Prime games library. For months I have been adding games via https://gaming.amazon.com/loot but if I load up the Twitch pc app I can't see my library anywhere. I have downloaded a handful of games at some point because I have a folder of them on my pc. hlp pls

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I don't understand how I can see my Amazon Prime games library. For months I have been adding games via https://gaming.amazon.com/loot but if I load up the Twitch pc app I can't see my library anywhere. I have downloaded a handful of games at some point because I have a folder of them on my pc. hlp pls
I've always used this link to claim stuff https://www.twitch.tv/prime which now redirects to https://gaming.amazon.com/ which looks same as you, and I added Dead Age yesterday and I see it's in my Twitch PC app library (Games tab). Have you ever accessed your library there? Back in the day when I first started claiming stuff, I had to link my Amazon and Twitch accounts for the sharing to work.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
It *should* show up in the Twitch app, but Amazon has been pushing for people to use their standalone game app now.https://download.amazongames.com/AmazonGamesSetup.exe

woo

Nov 11, 2017
I've always used this link to claim stuff https://www.twitch.tv/prime which now redirects to https://gaming.amazon.com/ which looks same as you, and I added Dead Age yesterday and I see it's in my Twitch PC app library (Games tab). Have you ever accessed your library there? Back in the day when I first started claiming stuff, I had to link my Amazon and Twitch accounts for the sharing to work.

I just double checked and it is definitely linked to my Amazon account, thanks.

It *should* show up in the Twitch app, but Amazon has been pushing for people to use their standalone game app now.https://download.amazongames.com/AmazonGamesSetup.exe

Thanks. I'll download that and see how I get on. Hopefully that means I can uninstall the Twitch app as I never use Twitch.

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
Just got an email with my Overwatch code from Boston Uprising but the code doesn't work (and I don't own Overwatch). Anyone else have this issue?

Oct 27, 2017
"As part of an initiative between the Overwatch League and its member teams to introduce Overwatch to new players, we have sent out promotional codes to eligible entrants. Pursuant to the Promotion Rules, your entry did not meet the requirements to receive a code from this Overwatch League initiative. "

RIP

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
"As part of an initiative between the Overwatch League and its member teams to introduce Overwatch to new players, we have sent out promotional codes to eligible entrants. Pursuant to the Promotion Rules, your entry did not meet the requirements to receive a code from this Overwatch League initiative. "

RIP
How did they even know? Haha. Maybe I should have tried to use a VPN beforehand.

Vlad

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I use it over the Twitch app as it's much faster/streamlined.

I wanted to use the Amazon app at first, but I had the weirdest issue with it. Whenever I'd try to install a game, it wouldn't let me change the directory from the default, and it was always reporting that there was no space free in the destination (despite there being plenty). Amazon support was no help at all and I ended up just using the Twitch app instead, which is now showing my library as empty, too.

I guess it's time to see if they fixed the Amazon one.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
This may not be the best place for this, but wasn't sure where else to ask. If anyone is a Viveport Annual member, there's a promo running to snag a free to keep copy of Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. You can also claim if you sign up. That said, I haven't had any luck actually getting the game to add to my owned library, despite being an annual member and multiple attempts at contacting support.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I may have asked this before, but with all the SNK arcade games on Amazon Prime, is there any way to play these games with an arcade stick? I can't find any button configuration tools in their shitty app and what's the point of giving away a mountain of arcade/fighting games if you're forced to play them with a keyboard...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I may have asked this before, but with all the SNK arcade games on Amazon Prime, is there any way to play these games with an arcade stick? I can't find any button configuration tools in their shitty app and what's the point of giving away a mountain of arcade/fighting games if you're forced to play them with a keyboard...
Probably. Like anything that's non on Steam either run DS4windows if it's a PS4 controller, or maybe it just works with an xbox controller, or add the game to Steam yourself.

github.com

Releases · Ryochan7/DS4Windows

Like those other ds4tools, but sexier. Contribute to Ryochan7/DS4Windows development by creating an account on GitHub.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Probably. Like anything that's non on Steam either run DS4windows if it's a PS4 controller, or maybe it just works with an xbox controller, or add the game to Steam yourself.

github.com

Like those other ds4tools, but sexier. Contribute to Ryochan7/DS4Windows development by creating an account on GitHub.
Thanks, I feel dumb. Adding it to steam as a non-steam game does the trick. :)

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

github.com

Ackshually... developers can support the PS4 controller with no need for the Steam controller layer. For whatever reason, it's more common for indies to support it; my own game detects and supports DS4 controllers, and display the appropriate button icons, even in its DRM free / Humble store version. :)

ba2

Oct 20, 2019
store.steampowered.com

AppGameKit Classic: Easy Game Development on Steam

AppGameKit Classic is a powerful game development engine, ideal for Hobbyist and Indie developers. Choose to code in the easy to learn AppGameKit BASIC or use our libraries in C++ & XCode. Write your code once and deploy easily to multiple mobile & desktop platforms.

thyy

Oct 27, 2017

Next week is Kingdom New Lands as a repeat while the 'new' game is Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (from 2013)

Can someone explain to me, why the unfurl='true' tag works on this link that I have copied from Piccoro's post further up in this thread, but not on my links?
www.epicgames.com

Rogue Company

Did the embedded media at some point work for epicgames.com, but now it doesn't accept any new links?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Can someone explain to me, why the unfurl='true' tag works on this link that I have copied from Piccoro's post further up in this thread, but not on my links?

Did the embedded media at some point work for epicgames.com, but now it doesn't accept any new links?

Resetera clearly bought out by Steam, which even has store integration. :)

In all seriousness now, the only thing I can imagine is that Era scrapes some metainformation that isn't (yet?) set on EGS pages for some of the later games.

Last edited:

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Free Sonic 2 on Steam.
store.steampowered.com

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 on Steam

Dr. Eggman (aka Dr. Robotnik) has returned, turning helpless animals into robots and forcing them to build his ultimate weapon, the Death Egg! But this time, Sonic has a friend that can help him: Tails! Find the 7 Chaos Emeralds and stop Dr. Robotnik’s evil scheme!

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Click on the link a second time and it will work.
store.steampowered.com

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 on Steam

Dr. Eggman (aka Dr. Robotnik) has returned, turning helpless animals into robots and forcing them to build his ultimate weapon, the Death Egg! But this time, Sonic has a friend that can help him: Tails! Find the 7 Chaos Emeralds and stop Dr. Robotnik’s evil scheme!

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Steam app now says Sonic 2 is in my library and ready to install, but when I view and search my library, no sign of it there.

Oct 25, 2017
Steam app now says Sonic 2 is in my library and ready to install, but when I view and search my library, no sign of it there.

It looks like this
unknown.png

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The announcement for the Sega Genesis collection says there are free exclusive time limited daily games... any idea what those are?

If you don't already have it in your collection, grab Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for FREE to keep forever.

While you're around, check out some of our new HIGHEST DISCOUNTS.

Grab our EXCLUSIVE FREE MINI-GAMES that we're giving away every day from October 15th – 18th. These brand new games were created just for SEGA's 60th and are available for a LIMITED TIME ONLY. Once they're gone, they're gone. Be sure to come back every day to claim the daily mini-game!

We look forward to seeing you there and hope you enjoy celebrating 60 years of SEGA with us!

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

The announcement for the Sega Genesis collection says there are free exclusive time limited daily games... any idea what those are?

So... super strange. I added Sonic 2 to my library and it gave me the Sega Mega Drive and Genesis entry on my library... and it has changed the art work on every sega game in my library to the same artwork laid over to make it look like a random Sega system box art. Crazy taxi looks like a genesis game, Bayonetta has a Saturn layover, NiGHTS has a Game Gear layover...

It looks like this:

Screenshot-2020-10-10-121129.png

I literally have no idea how to undo this. I actually permanently removed the Genesis collection from my library via Steam Support, and rebooted steam but no effect. Anybody have any idea how to reset all the game tiles to their defaults? It's... super odd.