• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
I know its not "free", but as I see many names in this thread that I havent seen in the other threads yet, I just wanted to give a shoutout to the frankly insane itch bundle that has 1000 games for 5€

Just in case some of you only check by this thread. Sorry to bother! Its for a good cause, so I hope you forgive my insolence ;)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/12...-also-available-over-4-000-000-raised.218109/

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Samurai Showdown up now
www.epicgames.com

SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Download and play SAMURAI SHODOWN NEOGEO COLLECTION at the Epic Games Store. Check for platform availability and price!
www.epicgames.com

ARK: Survival Evolved | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Download and play ARK: Survival Evolved at the Epic Games Store. Check for platform availability and price!
Next games Pathway
MqaFOAm.gif

Wozman23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pico Rivera, CA
I hope everyone enjoys Snake Pass. It's my favorite platformer of all time and one of my favorite games.

If the controls seem odd, this explanation may help:

It's a little odd at first, but once you really start to master it, it's extremely satisfying.

Last edited:

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
GOG being weird. There's no giveaway button on the Absolution giveaway banner, and when I try it in browser it's the same thing but also I can't log in because there's no log in button.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was able to use this link to claim Hitman, confirmed in my library even though the page it led to kept erroring out.

https://www.gog.com/giveaway/claim

This works for me, thanks. Note to other ppl using this even though the page does error out you can try going through the link twice and it says "already claimed" which should be the surefire indicator it's attached to your account.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
gog is so broke that earlier on witcher 3 GOTY was showing for free in my wishlist but i couldn't add it to my basket,then it seemed to be fixed again and now my wishlist won't even load if i can sign in.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
gog is so broke that earlier on witcher 3 GOTY was showing for free in my wishlist but i couldn't add it to my basket,then it seemed to be fixed again and now my wishlist won't even load if i can sign in.
I had that with them last week. For some reason RimWorld and Blade Runner on my Wishlist showed as free but when added to the basket they went to normal price. Took them out of the basket and they showed free again.

Jul 4, 2018
Get free Stadia Pro trial, and you get £10 Stadia Voucher which can be used to get Doom 64 or Steamworld Dig 1 completely for free.

Worked for me, just remember to cancel subscription if you dont want to carry on with Pro.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Get free Stadia Pro trial, and you get £10 Stadia Voucher which can be used to get Doom 64 or Steamworld Dig 1 completely for free.

Worked for me, just remember to cancel subscription if you dont want to carry on with Pro.
I created an account, added a payment method, canceled my sub and now Google won't let me take out my payment method if not by providing another one. Any fix? I want it to be deleted.

Noaloha

Oct 27, 2017
I created an account, added a payment method, canceled my sub and now Google won't let me take out my payment method if not by providing another one. Any fix? I want it to be deleted.
Forgive me if I've got this incorrect, but I think you're trying to manage your Stadia account by hitting the highlighted 'Manage My Account' button at the top when you click your avatar on the Stadia page. This would, surprisingly, be wrong! Instead, you manage your Stadia account by going into the Stadia Settings section after clicking the avatar on the Stadia page. This has a payment section which should allow you to cancel the subscription.

edit: ah, that's me tunneling on the last part of your post and glossing over the middle bit. You already said you cancelled the sub. Sorry. I had a very similar experience, but reversed order. I tried removing payment, it wouldn't let me, but that was before I'd found the cancel sub option in settings.

My Stadia trial has now expired as of a couple days ago, so I just tested again and this time I was able to revome the card associated with it. So maybe users are unable to remove the card until the trial expires. Which is a bit yuck.

Last edited:

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Forgive me if I've got this incorrect, but I think you're trying to manage your Stadia account by hitting the highlighted 'Manage My Account' button at the top when you click your avatar on the Stadia page. This would, surprisingly, be wrong! Instead, you manage your Stadia account by going into the Stadia Settings section after clicking the avatar on the Stadia page. This has a payment section which should allow you to cancel the subscription.

edit: ah, that's me tunneling on the last part of your post and glossing over the middle bit. You already said you cancelled the sub. Sorry. I had a very similar experience, but reversed order. I tried removing payment, it wouldn't let me, but that was before I'd found the cancel sub option in settings.

My Stadia trial has now expired as of a couple days ago, so I just tested again and this time I was able to revome the card associated with it. So maybe users are unable to remove the card until the trial expires. Which is a bit yuck.
Thanks, so I need to wait until July 15th.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

it says in the comments that if you own the the GOTY version, you get the GOTY version on GOG, so it's not just limited to the base game

Last edited:

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
This offer can only be redeemed in the GoG Galaxy 2.0 client (make sure it is updated to the latest version). You need to have linked your Steam account (or other account) where you already own this game.

Then go to Owned Games > The Witcher 3 and click on the banner to avail the offer.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
This offer can only be redeemed in the GoG Galaxy 2.0 client (make sure it is updated to the latest version). You need to have linked your Steam account (or other account) where you already own this game.

Then go to Owned Games > The Witcher 3 and click on the banner to avail the offer.

it says in the comments that if you own the the GOTY version, you get the GOTY version on GOG, so it's not just limited to the base game

How do you tell which version? I have GOTY on steam but GOG doesn't look like it is the GOTY version.

I bought the GOTY edition on steam, which means I should get it because if you don't means you bought the DLC afterwards..which I didn't.

Last edited:

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
won't let me sign into psn keeps saying timed out server connection after 5 pages of that capcha nonsense.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
I have the PS4 version + the DLCs, how do you know if the GOG Galaxy claiming includes the DLCs for PC or not?

Oct 25, 2017
How do you tell which version? I have GOTY on steam but GOG doesn't look like it is the GOTY version.

I bought the GOTY edition on steam, which means I should get it because if you don't means you bought the DLC afterwards..which I didn't.

I bought GOTY on steam. But not sure if it is exactly the same thing as buying GOTY on GOG since the sales page for witcher 3 shows up as a bundle but when you add it to the cart it does not show up as multiple purchases. On the other hand, purchase history shows up as buying GOTY edition. I dunno how to check if I have the DLC on GOG though.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought GOTY on steam. But not sure if it is exactly the same thing as buying GOTY on GOG since the sales page for witcher 3 shows up as a bundle but when you add it to the cart it does not show up as multiple purchases. On the other hand, purchase history shows up as buying GOTY edition. I dunno how to check if I have the DLC on GOG though.
IT doesn't seem to be, I only got the original version of the witcher 3 on gog not the goty edition.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It says here in the replies, below. Although some are saying they didn't get the GOTY, so maybe a bug. I was thinking I should install this but I have the game + pass on PS4 so it'll only recognize the base game, so I'm not sure if I will. It's a nice offer but it sucks that expansion pass owners get the worst deal.

Last edited: