• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the Aegis post!

Each time I visit Humble, I wonder who translated their site into German because it's pretty terrible lol. But then again, even Steam sucks in that regard.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Higurashi's first chapter is going to be free

www.siliconera.com

Free Higurashi When They Cry Hou's First Chapter Is Free Until a COVID-19 Vaccine Appears

Higurashi When They Cry Hou's first chapter will be free to own on Steam and on MangaGamer until an effective vaccine for COVID-19 is found.

Steam users will be able to receive the first chapter for free later today, after the launch of chapter eight. If you use the MangaGamer website, you can download the first chapter for free immediately.

It will be free until a covid-19 vaccine is created.

edit: original announcement

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

www.siliconera.com

Free Higurashi When They Cry Hou's First Chapter Is Free Until a COVID-19 Vaccine Appears

Higurashi When They Cry Hou's first chapter will be free to own on Steam and on MangaGamer until an effective vaccine for COVID-19 is found.

oh my god chapter 8 is on!!!!!!

This VN is really good if you like horror

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
EGS..PNG

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017

www.siliconera.com

If you get this, don't forget to check out the mod that gives the PC version PS3 assets.

Oct 25, 2017
I got it now. Anyone know if I link it to my current rockstar account (which already owns GTA5 but not the starter pack) if I will get the starter pack? And able to play just through steam? I wonder if I have to install on EGS to do all this.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I finally have access to GTA V on the store, but I can't seem to add it to my library cause I get a message that I can't add anymore free games. That's a bummer.

Midgarian

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2020
Midgar
How likely is it The Witcher 3 rumour for the next free game holds true, considering the game is on sale right now?

I mean the sale doesn't end until early June, so there's no risk/reward lmao, but still curious what other peoples thoughts and speculations are?

Oct 25, 2017
How likely is it The Witcher 3 rumour for the next free game holds true, considering the game is on sale right now?

I mean the sale doesn't end until early June, so there's no risk/reward lmao, but still curious what other peoples thoughts and speculations are?

I doubt it is witcher 3 because it is already being sold.

Maybe they will bring final fantasy over with a big freebie.

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Whoa, there is a limit to free games? Interesting.

Do you have 2FA enabled? It's necessary to claim the games as of a few days/weeks ago

No there isn't a limit, I think it's 2FA related

I had 2FA enabled from last week's free game. I've been getting all the free games from the beginning.

However, I was able to add GTA 5 by using my android phone and adding the free game through there. It's strange. I even downloaded the launcher and couldn't add the game through there.

At least I was able to resolve it and add GTA 5.

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
I had 2FA enabled from last week's free game. I've been getting all the free games from the beginning.

However, I was able to add GTA 5 by using my android phone and adding the free game through there. It's strange. I even downloaded the launcher and couldn't add the game through there.

At least I was able to resolve it and add GTA 5.

huh that is weird

glad you figured it out though!

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Also going free on Steam tomorrow.

Possible future delisting due to movie rights changing hands to Universal?
'Uh oh.

Is that just Lego Ninjago or all the lego movies?

Yeah that's a bad sign. That's what happened to LOTR and The hobbit.

(also how do you see it going free on steam tomorrow.)

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Oh, I had no idea.

If that's the case, pretty cool of WB to give it away before the delisting. I think they did the same thing with the Lego Lord of the Rings & Lego the Hobbit games before they got delisted so there's precedent.

Yep. Those were given free via Humble (twice!) right before delisting. Tho they did reappear on Steam in the past few weeks so it looks like they were relisted.

'Uh oh.

Is that just Lego Ninjago or all the lego movies?

Yeah that's a bad sign. That's what happened to LOTR and The hobbit.

(also how do you see it going free on steam tomorrow.)

Steam DB knows all.

steamdb.info

The LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game Limited Free Promotional Package - May 2020 · SubID: 463329

Steam Database record for package SubID 463329 - The LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game Limited Free Promotional Package - May 2020

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Those were given free via Humble (twice!) right before delisting. Tho they did reappear on Steam in the past few weeks so it looks like they were relisted.

Steam DB knows all.

steamdb.info

The LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game Limited Free Promotional Package - May 2020 · SubID: 463329

Steam Database record for package SubID 463329 - The LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Video Game Limited Free Promotional Package - May 2020

Yeah they just magically showed up on steam. And they're finally on PS4 and Xbox One. But no PS3, Vita, or 360 versions yet. Unclear if they'll all show back up.

Also huh. So if I'm reading that right it'll be available for a week.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
So I got GTAV from Epic without activating 2FA and a 10€ coupon as a thank you? Nice. It's a shame I don't intend to play anthing there, let alone purchase, for the moment.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Yeah they just magically showed up on steam. And they're finally on PS4 and Xbox One. But no PS3, Vita, or 360 versions yet. Unclear if they'll all show back up.

Also huh. So if I'm reading that right it'll be available for a week.

Yup. you can search packages to see what is upcoming. Usually they're tagged with promo or free. Works for giveaways as well as free weekends because Steam DB also tracks license type.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. you can search packages to see what is upcoming. Usually they're tagged with promo or free. Works for giveaways as well as free weekends because Steam DB also tracks license type.

Enjoy while it lasts, Valve will soon hide all the packages preventing SteamDB getting the info. Probably because of these leaks.
:(

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
This has been going on for years. Doubtful that Valve cares.

Besides, devs who want to hide stuff can use a generic name and the update later.

That doesn't work for stuff already released. (Giveaways)

Impossible to know.

Currently restricted mode is only enable if client asks (so it doesn't break older clients before beta is pushed to release).
Valve did update release client yesterday.