• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
For those that missed it on PSN, PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 is now free for Xbox One in Australia & Japan:

www.microsoft.com

Buy PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 - Microsoft Store en-AU

The much-awaited sequel to Pac-Man Championship Edition! Featuring eye-popping 3D graphics and funky visuals! New modes include Score Attack and an Adventure mode!

www.microsoft.com

PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 を購入 - Microsoft Store ja-JP

パックマンチャンピオンシップエディションシリーズ最新作! 3Dグラフィックで描かれたシリーズ最新作は、ビジュアル・ゲームシステムともに進化し、「ハイスピード、ハイテンション」の超爽快な追いかけっこを楽しめます。 またスコアアタックモードはもちろんのこと、特殊ルールステージやボス戦などが楽しめるアドベンチャーモードを新たに収録!

Either way to claim works.

I am in the UK but it seems to have worked for me too so thanks :).

Oct 25, 2017
For those that missed it on PSN, PAC-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 is now free for Xbox One in Australia & Japan:

www.microsoft.com

Buy PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 - Microsoft Store en-AU

The much-awaited sequel to Pac-Man Championship Edition! Featuring eye-popping 3D graphics and funky visuals! New modes include Score Attack and an Adventure mode!

www.microsoft.com

PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 を購入 - Microsoft Store ja-JP

パックマンチャンピオンシップエディションシリーズ最新作! 3Dグラフィックで描かれたシリーズ最新作は、ビジュアル・ゲームシステムともに進化し、「ハイスピード、ハイテンション」の超爽快な追いかけっこを楽しめます。 またスコアアタックモードはもちろんのこと、特殊ルールステージやボス戦などが楽しめるアドベンチャーモードを新たに収録!

Either way to claim works.
I am in the UK but it seems to have worked for me too so thanks :).

US here. Worked for me as well.

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing! Thanks
I wish I could get it for ps4, missed it by minutes, but that's still great!

I think it's available everywhere. EU here and it works

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It says free in the UK store too

Buy PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 | Xbox

and US

Buy PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 | Xbox

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
PAC-MAN CE 2 is free again on the UK PS Store it seems:

PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2

The much-awaited sequel to PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION Featuring eye-popping 3D graphics and funky visuals, the latest version of the classic game takes chomping and chasing through mazes to a whole new level Make up to four ghost trains for maximum chompage New modes include Score Attack and...

And I was also able to claim Journey now on the UK store as an ex Plus subscriber:

Journey™

Get ready to experience one of the most beautiful, unique and critically acclaimed PlayStation® games ever released as Journey arrives on PlayStation®4. Explore vast deserts and primitive ruins on an emotional quest to uncover the long-lost secrets of a forgotten civilisation. Feel the strain...

XenIneX

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like Twitch Prime has tacked on two more free* games:
  • Old School Musical
  • Yono and the Celestial Elephants

There was also some weirdness pushing me toward downloading their new Amazon Games App (read: launcher (read: future storefront)), so maybe keep an eye out for that nonsense...

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
And I was also able to claim Journey now on the UK store as an ex Plus subscriber:

Journey™

Get ready to experience one of the most beautiful, unique and critically acclaimed PlayStation® games ever released as Journey arrives on PlayStation®4. Explore vast deserts and primitive ruins on an emotional quest to uncover the long-lost secrets of a forgotten civilisation. Feel the strain...

I believe both Journey and The Nathan Drake Collection are free till May 5th as part of Sony's "Play At Home" initiative.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Pac-man CE2 PS4 (US)

PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2

Featuring eye-popping 3D graphics and funky visuals, the latest version of the classic game takes chomping and chasing through mazes to a whole new levelbrMake up to four ghost trains for maximum chompagebrNew modes include Score Attack and an Adventure Mode with fast fleeing fruit, big bad...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Pac-man CE2 is a bit disappointing. The biggest problems are a) you can collide with ghosts and bounce off them OK, which goes against decades of the franchise, and b) it gets insanely fast and the best maze solution is already laid out for you so it's a factor of being able to hit the controls fast enough rather than any real game skill. The first CE is a much better game, and so is Pac-man 256 which I played on PS4 and even though it came from mobile roots, it's a lot of fun (and has no DLC or MTX).

Oct 27, 2017
Total War Shogun 2 is being given away all next week:
www.totalwar.com

Total War: SHOGUN 2 Free-to-Keep Giveaway and Total War Sale FAQ - Total War

Find all the key information about our Total War: SHOGUN 2 giveaway and accompanying Total War sale here! FAQ When will Total War: SHOGUN 2 free-to-keep be available? You can download and keep Total War: SHOGUN 2 for free from Monday the 27th of April 2020 from 18:00 BST until the Friday the 1st...

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
It's a while since I played it, but as I recall, CE2 adds a lot of extra mechanics to CE1, and none of them are improvements. CE1 is by far the better game.
Yeah, this is my experience from memory. Will still take it free on 3 platforms!
I believe both Journey and The Nathan Drake Collection are free till May 5th as part of Sony's "Play At Home" initiative.
Yeah, but if you already had Journey from PS Plus you initially couldn't redeem the game in some territories, this seems to have been resolved

Oct 27, 2017
www.totalwar.com

Find all the key information about our Total War: SHOGUN 2 giveaway and accompanying Total War sale here! FAQ When will Total War: SHOGUN 2 free-to-keep be available? You can download and keep Total War: SHOGUN 2 for free from Monday the 27th of April 2020 from 18:00 BST until the Friday the 1st...
I was into Total War for a few weeks, dropped Three Kingdoms because my PC isn't up to par, dropped Rome 1 because my PC was too powerful, dropped Empire and Medieval 2 for lack of interest in the gameplay and historical eras. This one was the one I still wanted to try, consistently topping "Best Of" lists.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was into Total War for a few weeks, dropped Three Kingdoms because my PC isn't up to par, dropped Rome 1 because my PC was too powerful, dropped Empire and Medieval 2 for lack of interest in the gameplay and historical eras. This one was the one I still wanted to try, consistently topping "Best Of" lists.

It's up there with rome as one of the best

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it mostly negative?
nice, but it looks like this one is way worse than the first? what's the real difference?

From my comments about the game on the other place:

TSM said:
This feels like a step back from DX+. I miss the speed multiplier. You could strategize to go for the highest speed as soon as possible to hit more levels or to push for pure score. They added 2 things that slow down the pace; running fruit and purple ghosts on rails. The pathing on the ghosts is way worse than DX+, and I can see why they added the bumping as just running the intended routes will cause them to be in your way quite often. The delay in the spawning of an angry ghost is annoying as that means that small section of the level is off limits for a small amount of time. Bombs are much less useful since you are penalized by being warped back to the home space which eliminates most of their utility. Now bombs are just for warping.

The ghosts on rails are especially obnoxious as the camera always tilts so you can't see where you should be headed next. If you are eating a row of ghosts other rows can pass through you instead of getting eaten as well. In DX+ you could maneuver the ghosts so that eating the train would take an optimal path.
TSM said:
These things feel like disjointed design decisions from someone that didn't understand the other 2 games. The whole point of the game is continually running up your score attack, and each of the things you mention breaks the flow and is a lull in the action. Even the ghosts and the ghost trains in the other games followed a clear logic. In this game they just start going on a random circuit and you can't even eat them unless you hit the head of the train.

Disjointed seems to be the theme of this game. The levels are disjointed with transitions that continually reset the ghosts. The pellet trails are disjointed and broken up by jump pads. Hell even the ghost trains are disjointed and lead Pac-Man off the stage.

You can tell they absolutely gave up on the ghost pathing and level design. One you can bump them repeatedly, and two it resets them after every fruit so the ghosts never have to path for more than 20-30 seconds at a time.

Coming off CE and CE DX+ this game just felt like whoever made it had no understanding of what made the other games so good. This game was such a huge let down as DX+ was one of my favorite games of that gen.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit

Dakath

Oct 26, 2017
Alien: Blackout free for Alien Day. For iOS, Android, and Amazon Apps.

Alien: Blackout

Website-Banner-Alien-Blackout-1920x640.jpg

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
I've subbed to this thread but it doesnt give me any notifications of new posts. I missed out on so much. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
I've subbed to this thread but it doesnt give me any notifications of new posts. I missed out on so much. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
it happens to me from time to time,now that you have caught up with the thread it should start working again for this thread.

it can happen if you ignore a notification but i swear a couple of times it has happened anyway for me.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Unfortunately the only way is literally to click on any notification from this thread every time. Even then it can still happen, just rarer.

Dakath

Oct 26, 2017
Neat. Was this any good?

Ehh.

There was a sequel! Alien: Blackout was a mobile game that came out last year and it was a direct plot followup to Isolation. It's essentially Five Nights at Freddy's: Alien Edition, though that might be overselling it. It clearly had a tiny budget. It was an interesting experiment, but very short and simple. I can't really recommend it. There was also a line of comics that continued Amanda Ripley's story. Plus a "movie" adaptation of Isolation that mostly consisted of awkwardly lit and animated character models from the game superimposed over gameplay footage. It was baffling.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
www.totalwar.com

Aww sucks the only one that I already have lol Well I gotta find time to get back to it I guess :P

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
it happens to me from time to time,now that you have caught up with the thread it should start working again for this thread.

it can happen if you ignore a notification but i swear a couple of times it has happened anyway for me.
Unfortunately the only way is literally to click on any notification from this thread every time. Even then it can still happen, just rarer.
Thanks guys. Its been a re-occuring problem.
You can enable "persistent notifications" in your site preferences, but then you'll get a notification for every new post in every subscribed thread.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Uh...not free so slightly off topic...

www.humblebundle.com

The Humble Store: Great games. Fantastic prices. Support charity.

HOW WILL YOU SURVIVE? Discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger. Fifteen years after the events of Alien™, Ellen Ripley’s daughter, Amanda enters a desperate battle for survival, on a mission to unravel the...

...but it's literally $2 for one of the best horror games ever made. I greatly encourage buying this.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Uh...not free so slightly off topic...

www.humblebundle.com

The Humble Store: Great games. Fantastic prices. Support charity.

HOW WILL YOU SURVIVE? Discover the true meaning of fear in Alien: Isolation, a survival horror set in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger. Fifteen years after the events of Alien™, Ellen Ripley’s daughter, Amanda enters a desperate battle for survival, on a mission to unravel the...

...but it's literally $2 for one of the best horror games ever made. I greatly encourage buying this.

You can also get the collection for $11 on Fanatical.

AMD

Oct 27, 2017
None of the DLC content for Alien: Isolation is really worth getting anyway.
Agreed.

As is often the case, the basic game is great but adding the DLC just results in a bloated, drawn-out experience.

The basic game is arguably too long as it is but $2 is one hell of a bargain for anybody who even has the slightest interest in the Alien franchise; most of the DLC wil just prolong the game and dilute any enjoyment that you get from it.

(Crew Expendable might be worthwhile if you're totally, totally devoted to the original movie).

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I already bought all the Alien Isolation DLC not knowing it's not-worth-it. I know Humble bundle will refund activated keys occasionally but I'm not gonna push my luck.