• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Martian Law on Steam

Mars is under attack! An unknown enemy is dropping bombs on the peaceful red planet. It is up to you to fight off the onslaught so the innocent can escape. Run (umm...slide), jump and blast your way to freedom in the arcade-inspired goodness that is Martian Law. Save Mars!

store.steampowered.com

The Deed on Steam

A keenly dark twist on the traditional murder mystery setting, The Deed is an Adventure/RPG game about getting away with murder. Arran Bruce, the rightful heir to Dunshiel House, returns home to settle a score with his estranged family.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
store.steampowered.com

Martian Law on Steam

Mars is under attack! An unknown enemy is dropping bombs on the peaceful red planet. It is up to you to fight off the onslaught so the innocent can escape. Run (umm...slide), jump and blast your way to freedom in the arcade-inspired goodness that is Martian Law. Save Mars!

store.steampowered.com

The Deed on Steam

A keenly dark twist on the traditional murder mystery setting, The Deed is an Adventure/RPG game about getting away with murder. Arran Bruce, the rightful heir to Dunshiel House, returns home to settle a score with his estranged family.

I recommend The Deed

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
store.steampowered.com

Martian Law on Steam

store.steampowered.com

The Deed on Steam

Honestly with most of these games being posted recently I have no idea if they are just junk or legit games.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
laundrybear.itch.io

A Mortician's Tale by Laundry Bear Games

A death-positive game where you play as a mortician tasked with running a funeral home

seems like a pretty good game with tons of good word of mouth.

the-icehouse.itch.io

Catyph: The Kunci Experiment by The Icehouse

CATYPH is a First Person Adventure game reminscent of Myst. Visit moon Tytaah and solve the challenging puzzles.

This one looks interesting too. Kinda Myst-like.

Last edited:

Dr.Social

Oct 25, 2017
machinestudios.itch.io

Maia by MachineStudios

Build a colony on a hostile alien world.
chesstar.itch.io

Lilith-M by Chesstar Studios

Lilith woke up and found trapped in the lab. Dark lights, depressing echoes, cold machines, secret switches...
thejumpsuits.itch.io

She Remembered Caterpillars by jumpsuit entertainment UG

A fungipunk fantasy about love, loss, and holding on, told in the format of a color-based puzzle game.

She Remebered Caterpillars is free to download, but you can't add to your account.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I was late to redeem Hitman Complete Season because my internet is down at that day and only found out last night. Oh well..
Good to see there are many generous giveaways and free games lately.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Honestly with most of these games being posted recently I have no idea if they are just junk or legit games.

A lot of it is junk or stuff I've never heard of, but free is free.

Great review! I mindlessly added this to my library as it's free but you've actually inspired me to give it a shot and play it! Cheers mate :)

I didn't get a chance to reply — thanks for reading. Glad you liked my review! It really is a charming game.

Last edited:

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I'm guessing these SteamDB links are quite well known for free game offers on Steam, along with upcoming ones?

steamdb.info

Summer Sale 2020 · US

1593104400 has started, filling Valve’s digital shop with over 37,562 deals, the sale will run until 9 July 2020.

steamdb.info

Free Promotions

Free Steam promotions, free weekends, and giveaways. Always up to date.

I didn't even know anywhere tracked that sort of thing, but I'm glad someone made a reddit post about it.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing these SteamDB links are quite well known for free game offers on Steam, along with upcoming ones?

steamdb.info

Summer Sale 2020 · US

1593104400 has started, filling Valve’s digital shop with over 37,562 deals, the sale will run until 9 July 2020.

steamdb.info

Free Promotions

Free Steam promotions, free weekends, and giveaways. Always up to date.

I didn't even know anywhere tracked that sort of thing, but I'm glad someone made a reddit post about it.
I wonder if there's an add-on/script publicly available that automatically adds everything available to your account every 24 hours based on this site 🤔

E: Well, technically I guess it's sufficient to use the "Add all free packages" script once and then let that run every 24 hours.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's an add-on/script publicly available that automatically adds everything available to your account every 24 hours based on this site 🤔

E: Well, technically I guess it's sufficient to use the "Add all free packages" script once and then let that run every 24 hours.

Does that exist? lol

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
A lot of it is junk or stuff I've never heard of, but free is free.

Can we please not do this? As a indie developer myself I can tell you an unbelievable amount of effort and discipline goes into finishing even the simplest of games. 95% of the games that have been given away during this quarantine are at the very least earnest and competent attempts that don't deserve to be called "junk" or "not (legit) games".

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
User Banned (5 days): trolling, history of similar infractions
Can we please not do this? As a indie developer myself I can tell you an unbelievable amount of effort and discipline goes into finishing even the simplest of games. 95% of the games that have been given away during this quarantine are at the very least earnest and competent attempts that don't deserve to be called "junk" or "not (legit) games".
wow way to insult the last 5%

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
No disrespect meant. I really was referring to asset flips and such.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
wow way to insult the last 5%

You were probably being facetious, but you're actually right; every single game I've seen being offered in this thread is legit. I just wanted to cover my bases as I haven't had time yet to even look at, well, even one fourth of the itch.io games being offered. I knew if I said "all of them" someone would try to come up with a counterexample, but I still disrespected 5% of them by omission, when in reality every single game I've seen given away for free is deserving to be called such.

And, really, should come at no surprise. Asset flippers are in it for the quick money; they don't have any interest in making their games free out of the goodness of their hearts.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I played Cat Quest on Switch and really enjoyed it. Short, simple, cute. My SO and I plan on playing through the sequel together once it gets a decent discount.

My love of cats also means I'm a bit biased.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I played Cat Quest on Switch and really enjoyed it. Short, simple, cute. My SO and I plan on playing through the sequel together once it gets a decent discount.

My love of cats also means I'm a bit biased.
I already own the PS4 physical copy, but never played it. But I only read good things about it. Want to give it a try someday.