• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
It's not a game, but for anyone who uses the CCleaner software, the German magazine Computer Bild has a promotion at the moment giving a free one-year upgrade to the Pro version. Use the following to register:

Name: COMPUTERBILD
Code: P9WV-AFZU-4EW8-HAM9-QWHF

Edit: no longer working

Last edited:

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
Kingdom Kome: Deliverance is a great game. Your loss if you don't redeem it.

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
As a Middle Eastern guy, I have spoken with some of the devs more than once. They didn't seem very nazi to me.

As I said, your loss. Let's move on.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Damn. I held back from buying KCD last year because I was expecting it to be offered as a free game on Epic. Finally pulled the trigger before the Steam Winter sale ended. My loss.

KCD is a great game anyhow. Glad for whoever decides to redeem and play it.

Annihilator

Nov 10, 2017
West Fargo
Wonder what happened to pandemic said that was supposed to be free as well. Also Aztec looks very cool not sure if the gameplay will hold up but it nails the art and style for sure. Don't care much about KCD will probably try it though.

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Wonder what happened to pandemic said that was supposed to be free as well. Also Aztec looks very cool not sure if the gameplay will hold up but it nails the art and style for sure. Don't care much about KCD will probably try it though.
Most likely it was seen as being in bad taste given the ongoing coronavirus outbreak. Epic have said that it will be given away at some later time instead.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a Middle Eastern guy, I have spoken with some of the devs more than once. They didn't seem very nazi to me.

As I said, your loss. Let's move on.
It's not like you came in to dismiss people's issue with white supremacy but yes lets move on from showing your ass

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility to other members, dismissing concerns of bigotry
It's not like you came in to dismiss people's issue with white supremacy but yes lets move on from showing your ass
Supremacy? Okay. You're acting like a real moron. Again, carry on. No more response from me to a douche like you.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Supremacy? Okay. You're acting like a real moron. Again, carry on. No more response from me to a douche like you.
While i dont think you have a KKK outfit at home, that response comes from this article (maybe):
19esixxi81bp9jpg.jpg

19esixxi46chipng.png

Every download benefits that guy so I can understand why some would respond like that. I tried the game and its unbelievably boring.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
for those with Twitch Prime, there's a new set of free games:

Desert Child
American Fugitive
Steredenn
Narcos: Rise of the Cartels
White Night

not necessarily the best lineup they've had, but whatever

HellBlazer

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
While i dont think you have a KKK outfit at home, that response comes from this article (maybe):
19esixxi81bp9jpg.jpg

19esixxi46chipng.png

Every download benefits that guy so I can understand why some would respond like that. I tried the game and its unbelievably boring.

Hmm, while the lead dev on Kingdom Come is certainly problematic, and boycotting the game is definitely a valid choice, these quotes seem to be just some random assholes who have no affiliation with the game, judging by the article you linked... I'm not sure how "every download benefits them"?

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
for those with Twitch Prime, there's a new set of free games:

Desert Child
American Fugitive
Steredenn
Narcos: Rise of the Cartels
White Night

not necessarily the best lineup they've had, but whatever

Desert Child looks neat (I also have it from Humble Monthly, but haven't had time to give it a try).
Steredenn is pretty cool if you like shoot'em ups and roguelikes. I've played quite a lot of it on Switch.

Sha_96

Jan 22, 2019
I was looking forward to Epic giving away KCD since that list was leaked, so glad it the leak turned out to be true in the end!

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I want to own KCD without buying it. I have had access to it through game pass quite often. I have gotten past the tutorial at least. I am not sure I actually like the game but I want to own it anyway... lol.

taril360dz

Jul 25, 2018
Algeria
Looks like The Sims 4 is free on Origin, though US only so can't confirm
EDIT: Confirmed US only, i just tried with a VPN.

Last edited:

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
Looks like The Sims 4 is free on Origin, though US only so can't confirm
I couldn't find the "deal" so I had to search for The Sims 4, then choose to buy the standard edition at the very bottom from a discrete button.

Then I couldn't actually buy it for myself! I could only purchase the standard edition as a gift and the only option I could continue with to buy it was the special edition.

I had to add the standard edition to my wishlist, then purchase it from there to finally get the game. EA is super sketch

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
I couldn't find the "deal" so I had to search for The Sims 4, then choose to buy the standard edition at the very bottom from a discrete button.

Then I couldn't actually buy it for myself! I could only purchase the standard edition as a gift and the only option I could continue with to buy it was the special edition.

I had to add the standard edition to my wishlist, then purchase it from there to finally get the game. EA is super sketch
Ha same here.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com

yeah i figured this out too. its fuckin janky as shit. they want you to get the Origin Access thing

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

WhiteLily 1:丽丽公主 on Steam

男主角君彦是一名年轻的圣骑士,在一次返程归来时,他碰巧路过被恶魔入侵后的爱露村,同时巧遇了被恶魔追赶的丽丽。随着剧情的深入,君彦越来越意识到丽丽和整件事情的密切联系,而和丽丽在迷失小镇的冒险中,他逐渐明白了整件事情的始终,并决心一定要保护好丽丽(本游戏剧情有剧毒)。

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
store.steampowered.com

男主角君彦是一名年轻的圣骑士,在一次返程归来时,他碰巧路过被恶魔入侵后的爱露村,同时巧遇了被恶魔追赶的丽丽。随着剧情的深入,君彦越来越意识到丽丽和整件事情的密切联系,而和丽丽在迷失小镇的冒险中,他逐渐明白了整件事情的始终,并决心一定要保护好丽丽(本游戏剧情有剧毒)。

Thanks, I can't understand a word but free is free lol

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
store.steampowered.com

source.gif

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, you mean like a CCP watchlist?! Fuck I did this on a whim. Is there any way to remove it from my account?!

edit: removed that from my account, thank god.

This is just the developer making their game free so that gamers in China who can't go out have something to play lol.

同时,我们也希望能够尽一点绵薄之力,为大家做点什么。

They want to do something with the little power they have.

注意戴口罩,勤洗手,少外出。

They are asking people to wear mask, wash their hands and go out of their house less fequently.

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that kingdom come deliverance is going to be free on the day of its anniversary as it released feb 13, 2018. It is also half off atm on steam if people really hate getting free games on EGS.