• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It looks like the EGS giveaway of For Honor is a step up from the earlier Uplay giveaway (a year ago I think). The EGS version is the Standard Edition with 12 heroes, while the Starter Edition has 6 heroes. Does anyone know, if I get this EGS version will Uplay update my library in that store?

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Is this starter edition of For Honor?

edit: nvm, it's not useless then.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
That's what they say! Good to hear re GNOG as I am not familiar with it.

Daggoth :)

GNOG's fantastic. It's an 'open the box' puzzle game. You're given a little puzzle box with switches and buttons and you have to work out how to open each one. It's super cute with a great art style and little music hooks and stuff. It's a wonderful game. And pretty adorable in VR too although it's just as great without.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
GNOG's fantastic. It's an 'open the box' puzzle game. You're given a little puzzle box with switches and buttons and you have to work out how to open each one. It's super cute with a great art style and little music hooks and stuff. It's a wonderful game. And pretty adorable in VR too although it's just as great without.

That does sound fun. Thanks for the details :). I probably should play some of these free games....

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Damn, EGS is more than making up for my lapsed PS+ sub this year. Seeing as I never really played online I was mostly in it for the library, and now I can just use this instead :p

CAVEAT: I also picked up a cheap-ass year of PC Game Pass, which I suppose helps too...

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Damn Gnog and Hyper Light Drift are both on my wishlist. Epic putting PS+ to shame at the moment

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
YMMV, but I am currently seeing Salt & Sanctuary as Free on NA PSN in its summer sale list.
Is it just one of the versions? I see that a lot with cross-buy games. If you bought one version in the past, it doesn't automatically add the other to your account. You have to "Buy" a free one.

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I generally avoid the 'epic games store discourse', but the most frustrating thing about their store to me is that they don't support the macOS version of games that absolutely have a macOS version. I'm not complaining that I can't play Hyper Light Drifter for free but it's one of several (Limbo and Super Meat Boy for sure, maybe some others...) of the free games so far that has that issue, sort of odd.

woo

Nov 11, 2017
your posts in here have reminded me more than once so was surprised it wasn't already up,the only reason i remembered is because i looked on the store yesterday and saw the date.

I'm still trying to wake up tbh so I'm glad you remembered; as long as it gets posted, that's what counts :).

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
Months ago, Cytus II became free (normally $1.99) as part of a promotion featuring Hatsune Miku.
It looks like they, uh, forgot to make it un-free for iOS
apps.apple.com

‎Cytus II

‎"Cytus II" is a music rhythm game created by Rayark Games. It's our fourth rhythm game title, following the footsteps of three global successes, "Cytus", "DEEMO" and "VOEZ". This sequel to "Cytus" brings back the original staff and is a product of hardwork and devotion. In the future, humans...
Great rhythm game that takes proper advantage of touchscreen controls, no f2p timers/energy bars, no ads.
There's a crossover promo with Hatsune Miku right now, but the rest of the game is still totally worth it.
There's a new update coming soonish which might fix this price error. Or it being free may be on purpose for some reason. Either way I'd grab Cytus II asap, it's a fun game.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

do you know how EGS works with VR? Will the games still be able to use SteamVR to run?

edit - shit just saw the availabilty ended for GNOG..

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
do you know how EGS works with VR? Will the games still be able to use SteamVR to run?

edit - shit just saw the availabilty ended for GNOG..

Damn! For future reference - yeah they use SteamVR or Oculus API just fine. They often have a launch option. Asks how you want to launch it (Oculus/SteamVR).