• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Geneshift & Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion free on Steam (2 days)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/204880/Sins_of_a_Solar_Empire_Rebellion/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/308600/

Anno 1602 free on uPlay (open client)
Been wanting Sins of a Solar Empire for a while now! Almost missed it! Thanks!!
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion reads like it's free-to-play for a limited time only. "Download free until 12/19." It still gives me the option to buy it at $39.99, where Geneshift howed "Free" and the caption "Free to keep forever for a limited time. Ends December 19th 10AM PST."

Are you certain Sins is a keep-it-forever game?

DoctorDake

Development Director
Verified
Mar 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion reads like it's free-to-play for a limited time only. "Download free until 12/19." It still gives me the option to buy it at $39.99, where Geneshift howed "Free" and the caption "Free to keep forever for a limited time. Ends December 19th 10AM PST."

Are you certain Sins is a keep-it-forever game?
Typically if it's temporary, in your library it'll give a countdown for how long you have left to play it; I added this one to my library and it's got no expiration listed on it.

taril360dz

Jul 25, 2018
Algeria
So i just saw this in personacentral
Entertainment media or something else you are looking forward to in 2019.
Maybe it's just in my surroundings, but cash is becoming less of an element, I feel that digital wallets are progressing, and I feel that the flow of environmental change is getting faster. The game market and platforms have not changed. I am paying a lot of attention to Epic Games.
Source
EDIT:Sorry Wrong thread

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
Devolver Digital Holiday Pack free on Twitch Prime through January 31. https://blog.twitch.tv/twitch-prime...he-devolver-digital-holiday-pack-d5b0b3100415

• Broforce: Deliver your own brand of shock and awe with dozens of bros each with their own unique weaponry and special attacks designed to dispatch freedom across the world.
  • Hotline Miami: A high-octane action game overflowing with raw brutality, hard-boiled gunplay and skull crushing close combat.
  • Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number: The brutal conclusion to the Hotline Miami saga, set against a backdrop of escalating violence and retribution over spilled blood in the original game.
  • The Messenger: As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan's survival
  • STRAFE: A roguelike first-person shooter that generates unique, full levels every time you play.
  • Crossing Souls: An action-adventure set in a California suburb in the midst of a supernatural event that rocks the small community as grand forces siege the town.
  • The Swords of Ditto: A roguelite action RPG that creates a unique adventure for each new hero of legend in the relentless fight against the evil Mormo.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Devolver Digital Holiday Pack free on Twitch Prime through January 31. https://blog.twitch.tv/twitch-prime...he-devolver-digital-holiday-pack-d5b0b3100415

• Broforce: Deliver your own brand of shock and awe with dozens of bros each with their own unique weaponry and special attacks designed to dispatch freedom across the world.
  • Hotline Miami: A high-octane action game overflowing with raw brutality, hard-boiled gunplay and skull crushing close combat.
  • Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number: The brutal conclusion to the Hotline Miami saga, set against a backdrop of escalating violence and retribution over spilled blood in the original game.
  • The Messenger: As a demon army besieges his village, a young ninja ventures through a cursed world to deliver a scroll paramount to his clan's survival
  • STRAFE: A roguelike first-person shooter that generates unique, full levels every time you play.
  • Crossing Souls: An action-adventure set in a California suburb in the midst of a supernatural event that rocks the small community as grand forces siege the town.
  • The Swords of Ditto: A roguelite action RPG that creates a unique adventure for each new hero of legend in the relentless fight against the evil Mormo.

Shit, Messenger AND Swords of Ditto? I have zero interest in Twitch, but it seems that you can claim a free month and keep the games forever? Would it work with these?

Also, how do these games work? Do you get Steam keys or download them from Twitch?

So many questions!

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
Shit, Messenger AND Swords of Ditto? I have zero interest in Twitch, but it seems that you can claim a free month and keep the games forever? Would it work with these?

Also, how do these games work? Do you get Steam keys or download them from Twitch?

So many questions!

They aren't steam keys. There's a Twitch launcher you'll need to download to install these games. That said, you can claim now and keep then forever as they are added to your account's library.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
They aren't steam keys. There's a Twitch launcher you'll need to download to install these games. That said, you can claim now and keep then forever as they are added to your account's library.

Oh wait, I can't read. You need Amazon Prime, which I don't have, either. But I do have a friend who has, so I'll be sure to tell him about this. Thanks y'all!

Edit: Wait, you can also get a free Amazon Prime trial. Hmmm...

Casper

Oct 25, 2017

Yep, and just to elaborate a bit more, you don't have to launch the games from the Twitch client, simply download and install them from there. Once they are installed you can launch them however you like. I personally have them added to Steam with custom images added in my library and launch them from there.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wait, I can't read. You need Amazon Prime, which I don't have, either. But I do have a friend who has, so I'll be sure to tell him about this. Thanks y'all!

Yeah, the "free month of Twitch Prime" is really just the free trial of Amazon Prime (who own the Twitch platform). Get that, then link your Twitch account to your Amazon.

This Devolver pack is fantastic!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Thanks for that. I've had Amazon Prime for ages and didn't realize Twitch Prime was a part of it.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
For anyone who's wondering, you can indeed start your free Amazon Prime month and use that to get the Devolver bundle on Twitch Prime; I just did. :) No clue if I'll actually get to keep the games after the month is up, though.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
For anyone who's wondering, you can indeed start your free Amazon Prime month and use that to get the Devolver bundle on Twitch Prime; I just did. :) No clue if I'll actually get to keep the games after the month is up, though.
You will, and they're DRM-free downloads so just download them now and you can launch them separately any time.

Deleted member 7450

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Weltall Zero would some "non mainstream/quirky/experimental or in development "stuff be frowned upon to being posted here?

I was browsing Itch.io and found some stuff I would like to share. 100% off and claimable to your account.

I ask because not to "open the floodgates" to a bunch of "stuffware" that may or may not clutter the thread and people might not even care about.

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Weltall Zero would some "non mainstream/quirky/experimental or in development "stuff be frowned upon to being posted here?

I was browsing Itch.io and found some stuff I would like to share. 100% off and claimable to your account.

I ask because not to "open the floodgates" to a bunch of "stuffware" that may or may not clutter the thread and people might not even care about.

This is for games that are free for a limited time (get them now, keep them forever). Games that are free indefinitely (or for the foreseeable future) are in principle outside the scope of the thread, because indeed there's thousands of them.

That said, if there's a game on itch.io that's "free if you add it to your account now, but after some date will cost money to purchase", then that's entirely within the scope of this thread; freel free to post them. I can't imagine there'll be a ton of these such games, so I don't think they would clutter the thread at all. :)

Deleted member 7450

Oct 25, 2017
You'd be surprised, I actually got my copy of Gone Home through one of such 100% off sales (essentially giveaways, without being labeled as such) on Itch. It isn't often enough with "mainstream" games, but Itch can be just as good as the other stores. :)

But anyway, what got my curiosity where two things:

First, Windstone a survival game. Pretty standard foraging for stuff. What drew me in was the somewhat distinct art style. Kinda reminds me of Cameron's Avatar (regarding the player models and what not), which I thought was kinda neat. It isn't breaking new ground or anything, but an art style can go a lot of ways towards the enjoyment of some games.
5Q2dpJ.png

https://itch.io/s/14574/end-of-year-sale-free
https://threshold-seven.itch.io/windstone

Usually priced at $5 bucks, you can download/claim for free for the next 12 hours.
I put two links, one is the game page proper, and the other takes directly to the claim page/sale promo. Though both serves the same purpose.

And the next, is a sale by Amon TwentySix

https://itch.io/s/16079/end-of-year-sales

He is offering five games, all 100% free and claimable to your account. A variety of different stylized platformers and other assorted works.
Including the horror Gyossait, a two player competitive game Everybody Got Mad and a frankly, collection of various crazy projects called Candyzoo 2 Eletric Bogaloo, and some more.

I highly recommended checking his works, there is some neat stuff going on.

That is all for now! Thanks dears & thanks Weltall Zero.

May this thread gets always bumped with good stuff. ;D

OP
OP
Weltall Zero

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
You'd be surprised, I actually got my copy of Gone Home through one of such 100% off sales (essentially giveaways, without being labeled as such) on Itch. It isn't often enough with "mainstream" games, but Itch can be just as good as the other stores. :)

First, Windstone a survival game. Pretty standard foraging for stuff. What drew me in was the somewhat distinct art style. Kinda reminds me of Cameron's Avatar (regarding the player models and what not), which I thought was kinda neat. It isn't breaking new ground or anything, but an art style can go a lot of ways towards the enjoyment of some games.
5Q2dpJ.png

Usually priced at $5 bucks, you can download/claim for free for the next 12 hours.
I put two links, one is the game page proper, and the other takes directly to the claim page/sale promo. Though both serves the same purpose.

He is offering five games, all 100% free and claimable to your account. A variety of different stylized platformers and other assorted works.
Including the horror Gyossait, a two player competitive game Everybody Got Mad and a frankly, collection of various crazy projects called Candyzoo 2 Eletric Bogaloo, and some more.

Thank you, claimed them all. Who knows if / when I'll have the time to try any of them, but free is free!

Oct 31, 2017

5Q2dpJ.png

Thanks.

Some of those look weird but you never know... :D

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
New games for January on Twitch Prime.

Hyper Light Drifter
Orwell
République
Bomber Crew

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
New games for January on Twitch Prime.

Hyper Light Drifter
Orwell
République
Bomber Crew
Nice. I only just realized a couple of weeks ago that the Amazon Prime I've had for years included Twitch Prime. Is there a list or does anyone remember a few key free games from the last year I missed out on? Too late to do anything about it obviously, just curious.

Deleted member 12867

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I only just realized a couple of weeks ago that the Amazon Prime I've had for years included Twitch Prime. Is there a list or does anyone remember a few key free games from the last year I missed out on? Too late to do anything about it obviously, just curious.
Titan Souls, Tyranny, all the Steamworld games, The Messenger. Darksiders Warmastered, HackNet. They usually have good stuff tbh.

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
These are the games from my library. Can't say the time I got them and I think I missed a lot.
0LNo1Qu.jpg