• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Canadian Xbox Store download links

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Absolutely no issue with this. It's propably in the terms and services, and these aren't products that need preservation for future generations.

Also the company is gone, so their products are probably going also.

Better than wasting earth's resourses on more plastic shit that people don't need.

But who is to decide what is worthy of preservation?

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
I got a bunch of physical Telltale 360 discs from a firesale at a local store.

Guess I should insert them and trigger the downloads

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Oh maaaan. I've had this for ages and always kind of meant to play through it, despite it boring me senseless.

It being a vapid, boring game isn't really the point though, it's a disturbing precedent (that isn't really a precedent by modern standards unfortunately)

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I have it digital and the Xbox One version marks every episode as coming soon despite them being on my hard drive.

EDIT: Forcing a redownload from the URLs above seems to have worked. They all basically jumped from 0% to 100% and are playable now

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Didn't Nintendo just take down the entire Wii Shop.

Seems legally these companies can do whatever the hell they want in regards to digital purchases.

Somewhere somehow you agree to these things by using the services so yes they can basically do whatever they want until people get tired of it

OP
OP
Fortinbras

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm. I have it digital and the Xbox One version marks every episode as coming soon despite them being on my hard drive.

Just like the guy on ta.

Ok...the game tries to contact a server after booting it up. What if the game always had to phone home to confirm ownership and or availability of the other episodes? With Telltale gone this wouldn't work anymore.

I can install the episodes using the links posted. I need to check if I can actually play them.

The store page also includes the disclaimer that owners of the season pass would be charged again if they buy the episode through the store.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just checked PSN. All episodes I bought are still downloadable to my account as of right now.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Just like the guy on ta.

Ok...the game tries to contact a server after booting it up. What if the game always had to phone home to confirm ownership and or availability of the other episodes? With Telltale gone this wouldn't work anymore.

I can install the episodes using the links posted. I need to check if I can actually play them.

The store page also includes the disclaimer that owners of the season pass would be charged again if they buy the episode through the store.

Can confirm installing them again forced my Xbox to see the license and they seem to be playable now. Didn't get charged either since it said I already owned the product.

I saw the links for threadmarked so if possible could they be edited to remove the en-ca part? They'll then redirect to whatever region Xbox store is relevant.

Here's episode one with the Canadian store reference removed. https://www.microsoft.com/p/game-of...-ice/bnrnwwz6wdpr?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Checked in the Mexican xbox store, they are gone.

If this is true and the game has been delisted for redownload. We are witnessing the birth of a very dangerous precedent for the medium, you should be able to download every damn thing you already bought, regardless of behind the scenes drama with the developers. PT doesn't really counts because it was free.

Oct 26, 2017
And nothing of value was lost. /S

Despite being absolutely bad games, it still is a chilling reminder how fast you can lose access to stuff you bought digitally. Hopefully we finally see comprehensive legislation putting a stop to this BS.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely no issue with this. It's propably in the terms and services, and these aren't products that need preservation for future generations.

Also the company is gone, so their products are probably going also.

Better than wasting earth's resourses on more plastic shit that people don't need.
What the actual fuck is this post. Certain games just aren't deserving of preservation?

Like, we're talking products that devs poured their lives into and that consumers enjoyed. But nah, these don't need preservation. It's in the terms after all! God bless our publishing overlords, please do go and erase games from existence!

Literally... you're just acting against your best interest if you try defending this.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
It's seems to be working after using the link, it was probably a mistake. I hope they fix the ready for install.

OP
OP
Fortinbras

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Can confirm installing them again forced my Xbox to see the license and they seem to be playable now. Didn't get charged either since it said I already owned the product.

I saw the links for threadmarked so if possible could they be edited to remove the en-ca part? They'll then redirect to whatever region Xbox store is relevant.

Here's episode one with the Canadian store reference removed. https://www.microsoft.com/p/game-of...-ice/bnrnwwz6wdpr?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
I'm at work right now. I'll do that when I get home because editing the links would be a pain in the ass on my cell phone.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i've found a way to download GoT episode 1 on PSN if anyone has the same problem:
-go to playstation store by the web browser.
- go to download list
- try to find GoT there and click on download

that's the only way that worked for me
"1-50 of 2728 matches"
Nope, it was nice knowing you GOT

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at work right now. I'll do that when I get home because editing the links would be a pain in the ass on my cell phone.
It should work without changing, I download from en-us or some other foreign all the time. Sometime they will even as you to change to your region but it doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
Testing out the retail Xbox 360 version now.

It took a few tries, but it's letting me download each episode. I don't know if it will work forever so if you're in a situation similar to me I suggest downloading them sooner rather than later.

I also don't know if it's my aging 360's disc drive, but the game struggled to load initially. Requiring me to dashboard out and reload the game until it made it past the first load.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
This was one of the Telltale games that never got a complete retail release, right? Just the season pass discs?

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is Wolf Among Us on physical disc? Been meaning to try it.

Yeah, I have a retail copy of this and it's complete on disc.

This was one of the Telltale games that never got a complete retail release, right? Just the season pass discs?

I have a UK retail copy for PS4, episodes 1-5 are on the disc and episode 6 is a download so yeah, not quite complete.

Anyways I managed to download episode 1 of Game of thrones on PS4 through my library and then the rest through the store.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
As a huge Telltale fan, I've always meant to get around to playing this game eventually. Given that it won't be getting a second season obviously :( does it actually have a legit ending or is it all just sequel bait that'll presumably never get addressed?

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
As a huge Telltale fan, I've always meant to get around to playing this game eventually. Given that it won't be getting a second season obviously :( does it actually have a legit ending or is it all just sequel bait that'll presumably never get addressed?
It ends on a massive cliffhanger.

supkid

Oct 29, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
Anyone tried the Ps4 version?

Just checked PSN here in Ireland and it's still available to purchase and download.

EDIT:

Here are screengrabs
FKG9uQk.png
iV4XJf5.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't sound like it's even legal.
Whenever you buy a game, physical or digital, you're just buying the right to use the company's license. The difference with physical is that nobody is going to spend the money to go to everyone's house and make sure they destroy their disc.

I don't know where that whole mixed caps thing as a form of sarcasm came from, but I hate it with a passion.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/spongebob-masterpiece-meme-figures-now-available.113258/

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
You can still download your purchases from the Wii Shop

During a temporary grace period, not forever.

But about 90% of the games today need some kind of download or patch, so buying physical or digital doesn't matter

And games that don't run at all without a download, like Spyro or a bunch of Switch ports, get negative feedback for doing so because it undermines the value of physical for no reason. You arne't identifying some gap in logic here, everyone is already legitimately upset about this similar issue.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Just checked PSN. All episodes I bought are still downloadable to my account as of right now.

I also checked PSN but Episode 1 on PS4 is not available to download and Episode 1 on PS3 is not available at all.

Also, if anyone would really want to play it, the Atlus Game of Thrones is not available either. I had to use the PSDLE app to locate Episode 1 on PS3 and download the season.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is obviously a mistake and shouldn't have happened, and is about to be fixed. Why is everyone concerned and freaking out about like this was meant to happen?
Do you guys need drama that much?

Oct 26, 2017
Whenever you buy a game, physical or digital, you're just buying the right to use the company's license. The difference with physical is that nobody is going to spend the money to go to everyone's house and make sure they destroy their disc.
Stop spreading this fud. EULAs don't overrule law. With the latest EU ruling, even digital purchases enjoy the same protections as physical ones. You should be even able to resell digital copies without an IP holders consent. Valve tries to cover their ass by pretending that Steam is a subscriber service, when their whole store is operating as a de facto store with final purchases.

Especially with physical a company forfeits any right to the copy they sold. Them owning the copyright doesn't matter at all to you owning the copy. Them trying to take your copy or destroying it would be theft.

Harris Katz

Apr 9, 2018
On PSN, it looks like I cannot download Episode 1 even though Episodes 2 through 5 are still available for me.

Not that I am ever going to play these again anyway.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
The good thing about all of Telltale's titles being liscensed is the IP owners can probably relist them. Downloaded it using the Canadian links just in case though.

TimFL

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Iirc this wasn't possible. Episodes had to be downloaded via ready to Install because you would have been charged again for the individual episodes.

Other Telltale games from that time, for example Tales from the Borderlands have this disclaimer included in the description. I don't remember if GoT was the same...
You recall wrong. I got all Telltale games on PS4 and had to manually go to the store page to download them from there (they showed up as free). That was the case as recently as the final walking dead season.
If you forgot to claim then I guess you're out of luck.

//EDIT: To clarify, I also own loads of them on XB1 and I also had to DL them manually there as recent as the final walking dead season.

Last edited: