• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aygomyownroad

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they are not renewing the licences for the game?

Must be expensive for GOT.

But this is the first time since PT that it's been deleted from. Being downloaded as well as far as I can remember.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Insane Dead

Oct 25, 2017
Yup not showing up in my xbox downloads at all. Kind of sucks was thinking of playing through this again.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm hoping MS sees this thread and figures something out. The game is still up on PSN.
I'm guessing the deal is up on Xbox (was somehow extended when it was a PS+ title only for that platform). Thus MS just deleted the episodes without realizing what they impacted due to how TTs old system used to work.

At bare minimum, they need to at least fix the XB1 version. Where the episodes are perhaps not buysble unless you have the disc in or the original title.
It sucks that the 360 version might be lost forever, but oh well. At least a version for the Xbox ecosystem can remain.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
So I just checked my PSN account and I only have the first 3 episodes registered, I bought the season pass... am I screwed?
Oh you can? I was under the impression you couldn't for some reason.
You can no longer purchase from the Wii shop, downloads are going down at a later date.

OP
OP
Fortinbras

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Eylos: Can you check if they are in your ready to Install list?

Edit: So how do you add individual episodes to your account anyway? I bought most Telltale games and the Life is Strange games and their season passes. It literally says "You own this product" on the store page for every individual episode. There's no way I can claim anything.

All the other games from Telltale are still there. Only GoT 2 - 6 are missing.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty crappy. I recently finished the series on PS4 and happily uninstalled it. It was so slow and so boring, the characters are incredibly uninteresting.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
I just checked on PS4. It says that I have purchased episodes 2-6 and can download them, but I can't download episode 1 at all. There isn't even a link to buy on the PS4 store, just the "Add Ons" button and the other episodes say "Require Episode 1".

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Night King striking early this week, huh? Seems like some kind of mistake though. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon enough.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It is? Do you have a link? Search doesn't pull up anything.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2026-CUSA01402_00-GOT000000000GAME
Not sure if this is what it says for everyone else, but for me it says Ep 2-6 are unavailable and Ep 1 doesn't say I can download it but i just pushed the DL to my PS4

For me PS3 was unaviable. But since I added the game when it was on PS+, Episodes 2-6 could be added to cart and bought (just did it 15 minutes ago)

OP
OP
Fortinbras

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Ok now this is weird. Psygnosis7 over at reddit said

I moved the game to my SSD, did a full shutdown, unplugged the USB SSD, started back up.

Only Episode 1 is showing up in Ready to Install.

edit: plugging the SSD back in and starting the game, it doesn't recognise the other episodes as installed.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/search-game/1?query=game of thrones&relationship=add-ons
Not sure if this is what it says for everyone else, but for me it says Ep 2-6 are unavailable and Ep 1 doesn't say I can download it but i just pushed the DL to my PS4

Thank you! I was able to add episodes 4-6 to my account with that link. Now I need to check the rest of the Telltale games and see what else I'm missing, pretty sure I didn't make it all the way through Tales from the Borderlands.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
Weird as hell. I still can't download/push/purchase the game(Ep 1) no matter the method, but all the extra Episodes DL fine.

gspec

Oct 25, 2017
I am downloading the PS4 episodes now. Please do so if you have them on PSN to be safe.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they are not renewing the licences for the game?

Must be expensive for GOT.

But this is the first time since PT that it's been deleted from. Being downloaded as well as far as I can remember.
Who would be the party renewing them? Telltale is defunct and don't have the capacity to maintain any licenses.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
you managed to download episode 1?
On your PS4 are you able to download "Game of Thrones", note that it doesn't refer to anything about Episode 1, just "Game of Thrones". That "Game of Thrones" includes episode 1 for me. When I look in a browser at PSN I see episode 1, it doesn't say unavailable, but there's no buy or download option, only "Add to wishlist".

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Thought I was going insane.

I got episode one when it was free on PS+ ages ago. My girlfriend has told me to play it forever, and I played most of episode one last year but got distracted. In light of the final season I randomly decided to boot it up again tonight before work.

I finished episode one, loved it. Immediately went to download the rest, and couldn't find it anywhere.

Google searches led me nowhere and I thought it was impossible that someone else wasn't having this issue. But gave up.

Logged on here just now to see this.

What are the odds?

Also. this sucks.

DangerMan

Oct 29, 2017
On the PSN store I wasnt able to add Ep 1, but I was able to activate the download from my library (from PS+ I presume) and then add 2-6 from the store. Just finished DLing it all now

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On your PS4 are you able to download "Game of Thrones", note that it doesn't refer to anything about Episode 1, just "Game of Thrones". That "Game of Thrones" includes episode 1 for me. When I look in a browser at PSN I see episode 1, it doesn't say unavailable, but there's no buy or download option, only "Add to wishlist".
unfortunately there's no "game of thrones" there's 5 downloads from episode 2-6, i tried to check through the playstation store, but theres no download button for episode 1

BigMack

Oct 27, 2017
This kinda stuff is scary. Dont have my XB1 hooked up right now but was able to add all 6 GoT eps to my downloads on PS4 just fine.

The Telltale games are the only games I delete when I'm done with them bc I get all the achievements and probably wont ever play them again. But I'm getting them all downloaded now just in case.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Man, we always get the dinosaurs in these threads with their same shitty "sO mUcH FoR tEh DiGiTaL FuTurE" posts lol. I'd put money down that this is a temporary issue.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
Hope, there is enough noise so this can be fix, pretty lame. I buy a lot of stuff that are going to be delisted.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for the PSA. Downloading it on US PS4 just in case, though not sure I'll ever get around playing it.

Fingers crossed this is just a temporary issue that'll be resolved before long. Should never have to worry about being able to re-download bought games.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
My memory might be bad but I'm trying to think of a case where you couldn't download a delisted game before if you own it.

Can't think of one for consoles but it is pretty common on mobile platforms.

Also I lost all the games I had bought on the telltale store when they folded. $150+ worth of stuff. :(

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i've found a way to download GoT episode 1 on PSN if anyone has the same problem:
-go to playstation store by the web browser.
- go to download list
- try to find GoT there and click on download

that's the only way that worked for me

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
i've found a way to download GoT episode 1 on PSN if anyone has the same problem:
-go to playstation store by the web browser.
- go to download list
- try to find GoT there and click on download

that's the only way that worked for me
That reminds me, there's a chrome extension called PSDLE that makes the terrible browser download list pretty usable. It allows you to search through your download list, which is pretty convenient.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If this game's really vanishing then that's a damn shame. I enjoyed the hell out of it, it was actually my first step into GoT media.

People can hate all they want, but that sequence in episode 3 where
You're Rodrik and keep getting up from the ground when Gryff keeps pushing you
is one of the most badass sequences Telltale ever did.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Absolutely no issue with this. It's propably in the terms and services, and these aren't products that need preservation for future generations.

Also the company is gone, so their products are probably going also.

Better than wasting earth's resourses on more plastic shit that people don't need.