• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the sequel to Suda51's dark as f*** story mode included in the1994 release of Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special
for the SNES is finally scheduled to be released next week (IN JAPAN AT LEAST. U.S. Website says it's coming February 2020.) as DLC for Fire Pro Wrestling World on PS4 and PC.

The announcement was made via twitter:
https://twitter.com/fpw_jpn/status/1229647188201897984?s=20

Google Translation:
The release date of the additional DLC for PS4 / Steam "FIRE PRO WRESTLING WORLD" "Champion Road Beyond" has been decided, and the trailer has been released!

26 years ago, the shocking ending of Goichi Suda revives the controversial "Champion Road" again!

Champion Road Beyond ", drawn by Takeshi Suda himself, starts moving again.

What is the fate of the son of the tragedy wrestler "Murao Junsu", "Sumio Junsu"?

Includes additional parts, additional songs, and a special movie by Goichi Suda after clearing!

* This DLC will be included in the "Season Pass" that has already been released.

* Due to the price decision of this DLC, "Parts Create Mode" is included as content in "Season Pass"

(Price including tax: 3,300 yen) has been decided.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GillianSeed79

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
There's a trailer on Reddit that confirms the release date:

Trailer here

TRAILER IS IN JAPANESE BUT RELEASE DATE IS IN THE TRAILER. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS RELEASES WORLDWIDE ON 02/27 BUT REDDIT SEEMS TO THINK SO.

Last edited:

NeptunePirate

Nov 1, 2017
User Warned: Port Begging
Omg, yes! I love me some Fire Pro. My only wish is that they'll release this game onto the Switch sooner or later.

OP
OP
GillianSeed79

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
I accidentally clicked post thread before finishing, but Destructoid has a good summary of Suda's original Fire Pro story from the Super Famicom and it's a doozy:

Remember when 'Ric Flair' murdered your friend?

As the story progresses, things take a grim turn. The player character's coach is murdered, the player accidentally kills their best friend in a match, and world champion Dick Slender (a thinly-veiled Ric Flair clone) straight up murders your tag-team partner in the ring. Eventually, our hero faces off against Dick Flair, a decision that causes his girlfriend to leave him. Defeating Slender and becoming world champion, the player character then goes home and shoots themselves in the head. Straight up.

Just a few side notes:
I don't believe the season pass is available on the PC version, so the DLC will be sold separately. The DLC SHOULD be included in the Deluxe Edition on PSN, which is ridiculously cheap on the NA PSN store.

Fire Pro Wrestling World is the latest in the storied franchise and is one of the best wrestling games ever made. Don't let the simple graphics fool you. I have the Steam version but double dipped and got the PSN version while it was on sale.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeeeeah. Just bought the 2018 NJPW add-on DLC today in the sale.

OP
OP
GillianSeed79

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Deluxe edition included a season pass for all this DLC? I can't check right now.
The Deluxe Edition includes:
Description
- Fire Promoter
- Fighting Road: 2017 NJPW Junior Heavyweight Championship
- Additional Scenario (Note from OP: This is supposed to be the Suda 51 DLC, which was previously delayed)
- NJPW theme

The only things the Deluxe Edition doesn't include right now is the Stardom DLC pack and the Entrance Craft DLC pack. The Steam version doesn't have a Season Pass.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Description
- Fire Promoter
- Fighting Road: 2017 NJPW Junior Heavyweight Championship
- Additional Scenario (Note from OP: This is supposed to be the Suda 51 DLC, which was previously delayed)
- NJPW theme

The only things the Deluxe Edition doesn't include right now is the Stardom DLC pack and the Entrance Craft DLC pack. The Steam version doesn't have a Season Pass.
Oh nice, so the Suda 51 DLC is confirmed included? How much is it separately?

OP
OP
GillianSeed79

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice, so the Suda 51 DLC is confirmed included? How much is it separately?

According to the Twitter post the price is 3,300 Yen, which is roughly $30 in the U.S. The Twitter post says it's part of the season pass though:
* This DLC will be included in the "Season Pass" that has already been released.

* Due to the price decision of this DLC, "Parts Create Mode" is included as content in "Season Pass"
(Price including tax: 3,300 yen) has been decided.
Granted that's all from a Japanese translation and Spike Chunsoft has been kind of weird with the DLC for this game, so take it with a grain of salt.

OP
OP
GillianSeed79

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
According to Spike Chunsoft's U.S. website, the Story Mode is confirmed for the PS4 Season Pass and appears to confirm the release date. They recently released their roadmap for Fire Pro:

FIRE PRO WRESTLING WORLD: 2020 ROADMAP
[COMING FEBRUARY 2020]

New Scenario Mode (Scenario by: Goichi Suda)
*Included in PlayStation®4 season pass.

Wrestler Morio Sumisu's life ended in tragedy at the height of his career. Now his son has set out on the same path of glory, but can he find a way to the top without following in his father's haunted footsteps?

I had planned to release this in 2019 but development complications have delayed it to next February. I apologize to everyone for the wait.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
I know the PS4 version won't have the mods available like the PC version but is the edit community still good/active?

OP
OP
GillianSeed79

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
I know the PS4 version won't have the mods available like the PC version but is the edit community still good/active?
The PC workshop scene is better most assuredly, but it's still healthy on PS4. Right now there are a total more than 30,000 wrestler uploads and more than 1,000 Ref edits on PS4. I haven't tried them yet, but I have like 200 caws (including the entire AEW roster) downloaded. You can also download custom ring textures, of which there are more than 9,500 ring parts on PS4. You can also import custom entrance music and BGM but there's a 40 song limit. It's basically like Steam workshop. You log onto the Fire Pro World website using your PSN ID and you can subscribe to edits. It's as simple as clicking on the edits you like and subscribing to them.

Last edited:

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
This announcement is very confusing. Is this new story dlc written by Suda51? Or are they just name dropping Suda51 since it's a sequel to his 1994 story?

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im automatically interested when you said Suda and dark story, tell me more

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
How much solo-play hours can one expect for the deluxe edition of Fire Pro? Not too big on customizing my own stuff and all

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
How much solo-play hours can one expect for the deluxe edition of Fire Pro? Not too big on customizing my own stuff and all

there's a mission mode, NJPW Story Mode, NJPW Light Heavyweight story mode, the Suda Mode and just running your own matches and tournaments.

I haven't made my own characters, but downloaded very accurate creations on PS4 for all the AEW, WWE, NXT, and some indie rosters and love using them all in promoter mode.

OP
OP
GillianSeed79

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
"Champion Road Beyond" DLC is now officially up on PS Store and Steam (It's the 27th in Japan right now). Price is $9.99 on both PS Store and Steam (Free on PS Store if you have Deluxe Edition). The base game is currently on sale for $14.99 on PS Store ($26.99 for Deluxe Edition) and it's $29.99 on Steam for the base game. Can't wait to get home to play it.

Description from store page:
Wrestler Morio Sumisu's life ended in tragedy at the height of his career. Now his son has set out on the same path of glory, but can he find a way to the top without following in his father's haunted footsteps?

Scenario writer SUDA51 returns to the Fire Pro ring for the sequel to his infamous Champion Road scenario that launched his career 26 years ago.

[CONTENT]
Additional scenario: Fighting Road - Championship Road Beyond
Additional wrestlers (*)
Additional edit parts (*)
Additional BGM (*)
Video interview with Goichi Suda (*)

(*)Unlocks upon clearing scenario.

Last edited:

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Playing through the story now. I definitely suggest watching a recap of the first story.
It's been good so far.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
This update made 3 changes to the PS4 version that are huge improvements for me.

They upped the limit for custom wrestlers from 1,000 to 1,500 (already filling in some classic promotions I'd wanted (Stampede, WCCW, Smokey Mountian, etc) and may be able to add Def Jam and some other fantasy stuff.

They fixed the menus for overwriting / deleting FPW Net wrestlers and edits to where they're sorted alphabetically and you can browse by promotion / faction (this will save me a ton of time and energy).

And finally, I haven't tested this but just checked the BGM import menu and it looked like they upped the custom song limit from 40 to 1,500!

Goddamnit, it'll take me a while to rip/edit/transfer everyone's entrance music but I doubt I'll be able to help myself. Will probably start with AEW / NXT and go from there. Fuck.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Random question, but does this game have - real wrestlers, made up wrestlers or just user created wrestlers?

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
They fixed the menus for overwriting / deleting FPW Net wrestlers and edits to where they're sorted alphabetically and you can browse by promotion / faction (this will save me a ton of time and energy).

And finally, I haven't tested this but just checked the BGM import menu and it looked like they upped the custom song limit from 40 to 1,500!

Sweet! I love quality of life improvements like that. I wish they could figure out a way to make it so that I don't have to copy a downloaded edit to add entrance music. It's a little disappointing to have to deal with that that when I have an active Fire Promoter with those wrestlers.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So excited to try this DLC this weekend. Fire Pro is the gift that keeps giving.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Is this a fun game for couch co-OP? Please sell me on this game.

There's a bit of a learning curve and it punishes button mashing, so it's not super friendly to beginners.

I wish I had more friends that were into it as it would be fantastic couch co-op (you can create your own leagues, tournaments, etc) and has basically infinite replayability.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
There's a bit of a learning curve and it punishes button mashing, so it's not super friendly to beginners.

I wish I had more friends that were into it as it would be fantastic couch co-op (you can create your own leagues, tournaments, etc) and has basically infinite replayability.
Does everyone just play I suppose online matches?

Edit: please tell me the Def Jam skins work on ps4? Lol ok that is pretty bad ass! I loved the ps2 game!!!

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Does everyone just play I suppose online matches?

Edit: please tell me the Def Jam skins work on ps4? Lol ok that is pretty bad ass! I loved the ps2 game!!!

I didn't realize at first but there's 2 types of online matches, competitive and performance (forget the actual titles). The goal in the latter is to put on an exciting match that earns a high rating, not to just to try and defeat your opponent quickly like in most fighting games. I just destroyed the guy I was fighting and didn't give him any offence and probably pissed him off.

Not sure how active people are online, I mostly play the promoter mode, story campaigns and matches against the CPU.

edit: yeah I just downloaded all the Def Jam characters on PS4. haven't played any yet but the likenesses look good. Also added to my Def Jam fed some modern rappers (Tyler the Creator, MF Doom, Earl Sweatshirt) and some musicians and comedians people had created (Hannibal Burress, Eddie Murphy, Axl Rose, etc)

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Dick Slender is a good wrestling name. Also how is the Suda story being received? I kinda fell off World for a bit because of other games and burning myself out creating characters. Need to catch up with the DLC starting from Stardom.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
I didn't realize at first but there's 2 types of online matches, competitive and performance (forget the actual titles). The goal in the latter is to put on an exciting match that earns a high rating, not to just to try and defeat your opponent quickly like in most fighting games. I just destroyed the guy I was fighting and didn't give him any offence and probably pissed him off.

Not sure how active people are online, I mostly play the promoter mode, story campaigns and matches against the CPU.

edit: yeah I just downloaded all the Def Jam characters on PS4. haven't played any yet but the likenesses look good. Also added to my Def Jam fed some modern rappers (Tyler the Creator, MF Doom, Earl Sweatshirt) and some musicians and comedians people had created (Hannibal Burress, Eddie Murphy, Axl Rose, etc)
Sounds awesome! Need some psn cash money though.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Dick Slender is a good wrestling name. Also how is the Suda story being received? I kinda fell off World for a bit because of other games and burning myself out creating characters. Need to catch up with the DLC starting from Stardom.
I'm enjoying it so far. Haven't seen too many people talking about the story though.