• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Played Forza 5 and thirsty for something similar but not too similar? Do you enjoy arcade racers? How about action movies? How about just good games in general?

If you answered YES! to any of the above, then Split/Second is for you. Basically, it's Burnout if Burnout were a gameshow with bonkers action set pieces.

Edit: Game does not run at 4K/60FPS FYI

Last edited:

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Steam version is similarly priced on GamesPlanet, but apparently it has some bugs that were never patched and the online services were shut down.

fr.gamesplanet.com

Split/Second Clé Steam / Acheter et télécharger sur PC

Split Second est un jeu de course haletant dans lequel la vitesse va de pair avec la stratégie. Les concurrents rivalisent pour être les premiers à franchir la ligne d'arrivée dans une ville

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
This game and Blur are sorely missed. Nothing else has come close to capturing the feeling for me. I also miss Wipeout. :|

The less said about the NFS games the better.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
The game is a blast but i already played it on 360 when i had my disc copy, no resolution or fps boost means that it's a no go for me.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
It's amazing that Blur, Modnation and Split/Second all released in the span of a week and depressing that it lead to the demise of 2 of the studios.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Loved the game!
Destroying that track as you race, leads to each round been completely different.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
The difficulty is the only small con with this one. The AI cheats, if you don't time your move for 1st perfectly, the AI can often just pass you up at the finish line. Otherwise it's a great arcade racer, there isn't much like it, it's a little of Burnout mixed with full auto.

Also I I remember the PC version ran at 30 fps, not sure if that's still true.

PURE is another good arcade racer made from the same dev, PC version on this is 60 fps.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I own it physically already, not sure if there's any benefit to getting the digital version. Great game though!

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
2,5€, sure why not. I remember playing the demo back in the day but I don't remember how the game plays lol

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Went to buy it and turns out I own it already? Installed it anyway!

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I've been spoiled, I can't play racers at 60 fps anymore. I would've bought it if it was 60fps.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Steam version is similarly priced on GamesPlanet, but apparently it has some bugs that were never patched and the online services were shut down.

fr.gamesplanet.com

Split/Second Clé Steam / Acheter et télécharger sur PC

Split Second est un jeu de course haletant dans lequel la vitesse va de pair avec la stratégie. Les concurrents rivalisent pour être les premiers à franchir la ligne d'arrivée dans une ville
ay thanks for this. Been waiting on a steam sale but it's last price drop was 3 years ago. I'll give the 60fps patch a whirl (though sounds like you have to disable DRM 🤔)

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
There's a few games I'd love just a quick and dirty remaster of and this is one. The burnouts, blur and flatout are some of the others.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I played this on my Series X a year ago and I thought the 30fps really stood out and I couldn't play for more than 30 minutes

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I loved this game and Blur. I just can't get into stuff like Forza, I need my racing to be of the Burnout variety so as you can imagine I've been starving.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Incredible racer, like a reverse mario kart where the track is your weapon.

So much fun. Shame it never got a sequel.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
So this game is BC? I just realized I have a hard copy and don't ever remember playing it lol.

EDIT:sorry missed this was already asked. Going to install and play on my XSX wish it was 60 fps though…

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
This game and Blur are sorely missed. Nothing else has come close to capturing the feeling for me. I also miss Wipeout. :|

The less said about the NFS games the better.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered was developed by Criterion and runs at 4K60 on PS5 and Series X. It very much feels like a Burnout successor. And I love that I just pick races off of a menu and don't have to drive around and open word to get to a race.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Split/Second, Blur and Motorsport are the Racers that deserve a next gen sequel. There's so much potential.

Split/Second is crazy fun and one of my favorite arcade racers.

Apr 12, 2021
I think what I am thinking of is rubberbanding, but boy is this game absolute bullshit when you get in the lead.

It ruins the game.