• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed the game.. might have to go back to it to mop up some things. As others have said.. while Forza games have been removed from teh store in the past the online still works. That pretty much goes for every 360 game still.. they work online (Not counting EA games which they insisted on running their own servers). So it sucks Sony can not keep some servers done or figure out how to spin them up on demand.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I am legit shook... I mean, I am literally trading Pokemon in my copy of Pokemon X rn and that one is one year older.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Delisting because of licensing issue certainly isn't unheard of, especially after more than five years.

Shutting MP servers is another thing entirely though, that's the one that sucks.

bender

Oct 27, 2017
I need to look into purchasing this again. Last time I started to pull the trigger, there were unavailable options (I think because of the PSN Plus version) and it was hard to determine the path of least resistance to getting all of the content.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Gran Turismo 5 and 6 shut down servers four years after launch.
Drive club shut down in five.

If this track record has any merit, GT Sport is shutting down in two to three years, leaving the game literally unplayable outside of simple arcade races.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Licensing the cars in perpetuity probably isn't even on the table. The manufactuers have all the leverage when it comes to driving sim games.

my favorite arcade racer of this gen falls to this but not shit like need for speed and NFS payback...smh

I only have the base game, can anyone tell me what i need to buy from PSN to have everything?

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Sony are terrible at supporting their not so succesful games. What the feck are you using the PS Plus money for when you can't keep the server for your 1 out of 2 first party racing games going on.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
PSN makes them so much money but they're shutting down servers for games released this gen? Trash

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Some weird things coming out of sony lately. I don't understand why it's them as the frontrunner doing such shitty things.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I think this sucks but some folks in this thread don't realize its been more than a couple years since the game came out. PS4 is an old system folks.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does Sony actually have any online first party games still up and running?

GT Sport and.....
Killzone Shadowfall is probably still turned on at least?

LebGuns

Oct 25, 2017
This is fucked up. At least keep the games listed with a huge disclaimer that mentioned online features are disabled. That being said, online features should be supported till the end of the generation in my opinion, so what, 2 more years? Shouldn't be too expensive for Sony to cater to its players that way.

Oct 29, 2017
That's absolutely bullshit. Pay for online and still shut down the servers before the generation is even over. These are some of the best PS4 games too.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Well that sucks, need to make sure I get the Bikes stuff before it goes away as I have everything else. Also need to make sure I get any online only trophies out of the way. Sony always does this shit, and it drives me nuts.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads up, if you bought the season pass early on, and I think in the game, you have to "purchase" all your content in the store before the 31st otherwise you might miss out on content you paid for. For some reason you'll also see a season pass listed which won't be listed as purchased too even though you bought it in the game. So make sure you get all your content into your account right now.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'll have to grab it soon. I see people post gifs for this and always looks incredible from a graphical standpoint. This kinda shit really sucks for game preservation.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
Yo I'm able to play Rainbow Six Vegas 2 servers on PS3 but this will be shut down? Come on. This and SOCOM Confrontation make me quite mad. I understand virtually nobody is playing those games but other devs and publishers can seemingly run servers for 10-15 years without any issues. What's the deal with this? This is why I'll never ever invest time into Sony multiplayer games.

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
Literally days from purchasing my first 4K, HDR TV and this was one of the first things on a Pro I was going to "test drive". Needs purchasing even more now I guess!

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Honestly one of the few things I really, really dislike about PlayStation. I would genuinely love a straight answer from the inside about who decides these things and what their exact criteria are.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why invest more into a dead IP?
Keeping multiplayer servers running for people that paid for the goddamned game is "investing" now? You are too much.

Yes, server upkeep costs money. But that's part of the deal. That's what we paid for when we bought the game.

And legacy server upkeep doesn't cost THAT much. Especially as games age and the player count goes down.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
This is even more egregious now that there's an online paywall that's supposed to pay for servers/upkeep.

Oct 30, 2017
What the fuck is the point of paying for Plus to play online if they can't keep the games online....this fucking sucks because Driveclub is a pretty fuckin good game.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony's been cutting the servers on their first party games with no repercussions way too frequently. I hate that shit. I'd still be playing socom forums if I could!

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Sony is always thinking of true gamers. By delisting the game and shutting off the online servers, they really get me, a video gamer.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I get delisting it since licensing is tough, but they could at least leave the servers up. It's a first party game

I agree. "Delisting the game from sale" and "ceasing online play" are two separate things. They should maintain the servers for a longer period of time, especially since they're charging a fee for online play.

Sony does this way too often with first-party games. They need to figure out a better method for keeping the servers running.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
100 years from now people are going to be so pissed that we didn't take video game preservation more seriously

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is crazy. They are really leaning into being arrogant, bad Sony huh?
At least Driveclub stayed online longer than Gravity Rush 2.

This is a terrible look for them. I don't care if it is due to licensing costs. Licensing wasn't an issue with Gravity Rush 2.

I don't disagree, but if people really feel that way, they need to go out and support their games. Onrush was a gigantic flop too.

I played Onrush a little bit last week and actually had some good fun with it. I think it was marketed poorly and it had an awful release window. It should have been a summer game.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
I think this sucks but some folks in this thread don't realize its been more than a couple years since the game came out. PS4 is an old system folks.

Eh, game is currently 4 years old, will be 5 when it's shut down, not old enough to excuse the shut down especially considering plus is paid now. If I can still play 360 launch games online, I should be able to play a first party game from this gen.