• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Got one, but trying to decide if I'll use it on my Switch or as a wireless controller for my SNES Mini using the Brooke BT board.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Does the 7 day trial count for doing the order? Anything else that I should buy if I take a one month membership?

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, can I use this SNES controller on my Switch games or is this just for the SNES classics????
You can use it for anything that it has the appropriate buttons for, but you may find that you need to use a regular switch controller as a supplement for stuff like the home button unless the game has special programming to use an alternate one (like the NES/SNES collections).

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
You can use it for anything that it has the appropriate buttons for, but you may find that you need to use a regular switch controller as a supplement for stuff like the home button unless the game has special programming to use an alternate one (like the NES/SNES collections).

Thanks, but if I'm playing on kickstand, I can just hit the home button while it's connected, right?

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Wow, that's quick shipping. I just got an alert that mine is on its way after I finally placed a successful order yesterday. I assumed this wasn't gonna ship for weeks, based on Nintendo's weird timing/supply issues, so I'll take it. Does anybody know what city the American ones ship from?

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn. 30 bucks, when I can already use original SNES controllers on my Switch via gamecube adapter -> snes adapter. Hmm.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Wow, that's quick shipping. I just got an alert that mine is on its way after I finally placed a successful order yesterday. I assumed this wasn't gonna ship for weeks, based on Nintendo's weird timing/supply issues, so I'll take it. Does anybody know what city the American ones ship from?
Depends, I think they have a few warehouses, I know I get stuff pretty quick in Cali, mine hasn't shipped yet but it's been picked(whatever that means) and i have high hopes it'll arrive before my trip next weeks friday

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Has that really worked? I tried using my PS2-to-GameCube Nyko adapter on the GameCube Controller adapter and it didn't work on my Switch. Strangely, it did work on my Wii U. Go figure. Lol.

You know, I was about to say, yes, it definitely works, because I used them to get enough controllers to play 5-player Pico Park.

But when I thought about it, I realized I probably just used Gamecube Hori pads. So I hooked up the adapters and, you're right, they don't work. Boo.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
You know, I was about to say, yes, it definitely works, because I used them to get enough controllers to play 5-player Pico Park.

But when I thought about it, I realized I probably just used Gamecube Hori pads. So I hooked up the adapters and, you're right, they don't work. Boo.
Boo indeed. At least you have the Hori controllers. Those things are rare and expensive!

Sagitario

Oct 26, 2017
They usually ship from Redmond and other cities in Washington.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Can nobody on the internet confirm if these work with 8bitdo receiver? Best I found is a tiny reddit thread where someone 5months ago said 'no one has tried it yet'

Deleted member 6215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're a saint, thanks!

Tried syncing them tonight, and so far no dice. :( About to start poking around online for a solution, but guessing it's going to require a firmware update from 8bitdo to support these controllers.

Quick update - looks like someone had asked 8bitdo support about this several months ago and was waiting for a firmware update. I decided to send them an email and see where things were at.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sigh, mine shipped last Wednesday, spent the weekend in Washington, but rather than have ups deliver it yesterday it got swapped to usps at their distribution center 2.5 hours from me yesterday morning and hasn't moved yet... I leave for a cruise Saturday so I'm hoping it'll still make it by friday

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Tried syncing them tonight, and so far no dice. :( About to start poking around online for a solution, but guessing it's going to require a firmware update from 8bitdo to support these controllers.

Quick update - looks like someone had asked 8bitdo support about this several months ago and was waiting for a firmware update. I decided to send them an email and see where things were at.

Thanks for checking! I would prefer these nintendo ones, but I wonder if 8bitdo will be doing that though considering they have their own selection of SNES style controllers... Hrm....

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Sigh, mine shipped last Wednesday, spent the weekend in Washington, but rather than have ups deliver it yesterday it got swapped to usps at their distribution center 2.5 hours from me yesterday morning and hasn't moved yet... I leave for a cruise Saturday so I'm hoping it'll still make it by friday
Good luck on your cruise.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I don't even want these. What's the resale price going for? If I buy these, anyone want to buy them off me or trade for soemthing else?

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They are more available this time, so the resale value tanked

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Wasn't expecting mine until next week and usps didn't update their tracking two days ago. Then I checked last night before bed and it was delivered, now have to just wait til tonight to use it.

Deleted member 46958

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
The box says this for use with SNES online games and it doesn't say otherwise.

Going to try playing this with a Switch game. Has anybody had any luck using the controller with a Switch title?

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I really like the controller a lot, though the d-pad is too stiff IMO. It hurts to use after a while. I had to abandon a Tetris 99 game midway because my hand cramped up. I'm hoping it becomes less stiff after a while.

But it's still a great controller. I'm currently using it to play Mega Man Zero, which is much lighter on the d-pad than Tetris.

Going to try playing this with a Switch game. Has anybody had any luck using the controller with a Switch title?
You can use it with any game, as long as you don't need to use the Home button, Screenshot button, analog sticks, or motion controls.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Well it's on the move, in theory it should reach my branch tomorrow so hopefully they'll deliver it

It'll work with anything that it has the buttons for, I think I put together a list of what I personally have that should work in another thread.... here we are
Thought it'd be fun so here's the games in my switch library that should be compatible with my NSO Snes controller:
Nes/Snes, Super bomberman R, worms wmd, Sonic mania, PRBFTG(mostly), Baba is you, a robot named fight, puzzle quest, argatha S, Cadence of Hyrule, Shovel Knight, Capcom Beatemup collection, puyo puyo Tetris, Samurai Shodown IV, Ichidant R, Outrun, Phantasy Star, pinball arcade, Taiko no Tatsun Drum'n'fun, Golf Story, Namco Museum, Sega Genesis Classics, Hollow Knight, Metal slug 3, Dragonball Fighterz*, WakuWaku7, Blaster Master Zero, Magical Drop 3, Shock Troopers, Garou Mark of the wolves... might be one or two I may have missed but turns out I have a lot of games that could work!

Deleted member 6215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for checking! I would prefer these nintendo ones, but I wonder if 8bitdo will be doing that though considering they have their own selection of SNES style controllers... Hrm....

Got a reply back from 8bitdo support - it's in the works:

Hola fester.

Thanks for the e-mail.

The development team is working on this.

Please wait for firmware update and support/improvement.

Kind regards.

8BitDo Jimmyi

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Got a reply back from 8bitdo support - it's in the works:
Thanks for another confirmation that they are still working on it.

I bought two - I can't quite get my SN30 just right even after hours of trying to mod the damn thing. Either diagonals are too hard to hit or too easy. Can't get it quite right.

That said, despite my disappointment with the NES30 and the SN30, I've been using the 2.4ghz M30 on my Mega SG and it is really, really damn good.

FlexMentallo

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
I got mine, played some Lumines with it as well as some Switch Online classic. Works like a champ in Lumines, just no Home button.

I wish I could get a Euro one easily since that's what I grew up with and gives me the nostalgia feels but this works fine.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
I have been using mine to play megaman Zero from the new collection, and it works like a dream.

unfortunately needing the right stick for ZX and ZXA means I won't be able to use it for them, but it's really nice for the GbA games

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Opened mine yesterday and I'm impressed with the quality. Really nice. Didn't get a chance to play anything but I will try to continue playing ALttP this weekend.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Mine just arrived and I'm pretty happy, plan to test it out in a bit. Got here just in time for a trip. Now to use it on some games it wasn't designed for

Deleted member 6215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brilliant, thanks man. I can now buy with confidence.
Thanks for another confirmation that they are still working on it.

I bought two - I can't quite get my SN30 just right even after hours of trying to mod the damn thing. Either diagonals are too hard to hit or too easy. Can't get it quite right.

That said, despite my disappointment with the NES30 and the SN30, I've been using the 2.4ghz M30 on my Mega SG and it is really, really damn good.

FYI, firmware was just released this month and has added support for these controllers: