• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

I'm not the best in these kind of games but can find enjoyment from them. The game has a single player mode that gives you various challenges to wrack up your score while breaking the bricks.
The game's primary mechanic is to 'inhale' and 'exhale' or suck and blow. The bat can control the ball's trajectory using the suck and blow buttons allowing you to direct it to break certain bricks and wrack up score.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly good game. I got it years ago in a bundle and was really impressed with the game.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I love this game's soundtrack so much but have never actually played it. Been waiting a decade for it to go on sale on PSN. Guess it's never gonna happen.

Zantagor

Jan 29, 2019
Montreal
Makes me wish someone else would take a shot at making a game like that, loved shattered when it came out, but something new and more recent would be nice.

SebTheCat

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favourite PS3 PSN games ever really, and the amazing soundtrack is a big reason for that.

So probably going to pick this up and play it again.

Would love a new one for PS4 but the chances of that happening are probably 0%.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
My favorite brick break game, not that I play many. Put on some headphones and enjoy the ride.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Played the hell out of this on PS3. I'll gladly add it to my steam library since I don't have access to it anymore. Ty for the heads up op.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Shatter appreciation thread. That soundtrack was awesome, let alone the game itself being fun.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Really good game. And the inhale/exhale and other modern mechanics are really good and enhance the simplistic old school gametype without feeling intrusive or not needed.

Not a big game music guy so so have no personal thoughts on the soundtrack, but everyone I have talked too not just online but irl also have raved about it's excellence so I am assuming it really is that good.

It's also on PSNow for anyone who subscribes that does not have a PS3, though at that price if you use apC and have steam you should definitley buy it, cannot day enough good things about it.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favourite PS3 PSN games ever really, and the amazing soundtrack is a big reason for that.

So, this thread prompted another look at what we could do here, and we found a way to make it work.

Some details to sort through (so I can't make definitive statements about timing and platforms), but Shatter will be coming to modern consoles.

Thanks for the poke, Era.

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
[Shatter will be coming to modern consoles. ]
tenor.gif

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017

It's funny because ERA is the reason it's coming to current gen consoles

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I thought the soundtrack was way better than the game tbh, and I usually love a bit of Arkanoid. Wish we'd got Gripshift 2 instead.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
As mentioned in the other thread, we are in the process of bringing this to Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. Should be out by the end of the year. But feel free to buy on PC in the meantime. Every dollar or Euro helps and is appreciated.

In related news after a multi year hiatus, Jeramiah "Module" Ross who made the Shatter soundtrack is back in the recording studio. Check out his back catalog on Bandcamp and keep an eye out for his new stuff coming out soon.

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
Shatter is amazing. Picked it up in the 2018 Autumn sale and it's one of the best breakout-type games I've ever played.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017
As mentioned in the other thread, we are in the process of bringing this to Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. Should be out by the end of the year. But feel free to buy on PC in the meantime. Every dollar or Euro helps and is appreciated.

In related news after a multi year hiatus, Jeramiah "Module" Ross who made the Shatter soundtrack is back in the recording studio. Check out his back catalog on Bandcamp and keep an eye out for his new stuff coming out soon.

Excellent, can't wait.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

Any chance of Gripshift ports? I don't think it ever released on PC and although it's playable on XBO via BC, obviously it's 720p

Would be nice if that happens after Shatter ;)

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I think i paid more than that to buy the sountrack.
Which is awesome, btw

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

i'll buy it full price on switch if the port is good.