• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Okay I think I know why I like this better than 3D world. 3D World didn't feel like a full multiplayer game, like it didn't feel like the levels were designed much with actual co-op in mind, it was just designed to have multiple people playing on the same screen, so larger wider areas and that's pretty much it from what I remember. Granted I only played it once so I might be wrong on that point.

There are also fun activities in some stages that are really fun with other players. The more I play this the more I think sumo really nailed this and that it's more refined as a fun multiplayer experience.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
The bonus levels have some fun challenge but the main game is really easy. I'd recommend Crash 4 if you're looking for a more difficult platformer

hey thanks for the tip. I completely ignored the crash 4 game because I never liked the original trilogy very much. Hopefully crash and sackboy get some discounts around Christmas

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
The reports of a lack of challenge throghout relaly put me off, so I'll probably wait for a sale or something. Still, I'm pretty excited to play it down the line.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
hey thanks for the tip. I completely ignored the crash 4 game because I never liked the original trilogy very much. Hopefully crash and sackboy get some discounts around Christmas

Well, tbh if you didn't like the original Crash games I'm not sure you'll like Crash 4 either, since it's pretty similar to those. But if you're looking for a modern, difficult platformer that's the first one that comes to mind

Mark

Oct 25, 2017
I have Demon's Souls and Spiderman, and Sackboy is the game I've spent the most time with. I'm having a blast playing it my gf and she loves how cute everything is.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
How do I activate local multiplayer in this game? I know it's delayed for online, but I can't find how to do it for local...

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering all I play are FPS and serious games, this one is a nice change of pace. Loved that Bruno Mars stage.

Jan 11, 2018
I don't have a PS5 yet, but the duo of Sackboy and Astro have me far more excited than Spiderman 1.5 and a remaster. Long live 3D platformers!

tmac456

May 27, 2020
Figure I'll ask in here as well.. Just downloaded the digital version of sackboy. It has me downloading it twice(assuming ps4 and ps5 version lol) Is there a way i can look to see which one is which so i can delete the ps4 one?

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Figure I'll ask in here as well.. Just downloaded the digital version of sackboy. It has me downloading it twice(assuming ps4 and ps5 version lol) Is there a way i can look to see which one is which so i can delete the ps4 one?
Yeah go to storage and games and delete it or hit home once if it's still downloading for the DL list
The reports of a lack of challenge throghout relaly put me off, so I'll probably wait for a sale or something. Still, I'm pretty excited to play it down the line.
It's challenging if you are looking to get gold on each level or do everything per level that's how I've been playing it and it's a damn challenge lol. Esp when trying to not die even once on a level. Lol

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Question for anyone else playing this. Da fuck are the spades at the end of the level? Me and my wife have been playing through and have never gotten the spade thing, we have gotten the boxes, and all three of the points things but never the spade.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Question for anyone else playing this. Da fuck are the spades at the end of the level? Me and my wife have been playing through and have never gotten the spade thing, we have gotten the boxes, and all three of the points things but never the spade.
Complete a level without dying once. Had to look it up as well.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
When does it pick up? I loved Sumo Digital's LBP3 campaign. Like thought it was incredibly underrated in platforming design, creativity and charm.

But I played the first two levels of Sackboy and it feels more like the last two Yoshi games where it's more a baby easy slow exploration platformer vs a regular 3d platformer.

I also don't like that you can't change costumes during stages when you get new pieces :(
Also, every game needs a photo mode now :P

I imagine a lot of extra work would have to be put into a photo mode as the game has a "fixed" camera... As I imagine it would require some sort of free camera (lots of assets would have to me made JUST for photo mode in that case).

Yeah go to storage and games and delete it or hit home once if it's still downloading for the DL list

It's challenging if you are looking to get gold on each level or do everything per level that's how I've been playing it and it's a damn challenge lol. Esp when trying to not die even once on a level. Lol

Hmmm that sounds interesting. I might have another look into it then

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I imagine a lot of extra work would have to be put into a photo mode as the game has a "fixed" camera... As I imagine it would require some sort of free camera (lots of assets would have to me made JUST for photo mode in that case).

Hmmm that sounds interesting. I might have another look into it then
Yeah it's pretty easy if you are just trying to complete a level, but if you are actually trying to get trophies it's challenging there was one level that was a bitch to do a trophy for with timed jumps, the. Also the time trial modes are fun to cut your time down and they have integrated leaderboards now and you see your times vs friends or the world

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
It launched day and date with the PS5 version. I'm currently playing it and enjoying it a lot! It runs well and loading times are relatively quick, too!

Agreed, the PS5 loading times are super-fast, but the PS4 ones are fine. Plus, it's a cross-gen purchase, I believe. (Or, at least, the copy I got unlocked both platforms.) PS4 Pro version gets 60fps, tolerable resolution downgrade, and some reduction in world details (particularly blades of grass). In other words, if you aren't upgrading to PS5, this is a safe PS4 game to grab.

Biggest annoyance: no progress xfer between PS4<-->PS5.

Ariesfirebomb

Jul 3, 2018
Minneapolis
Bought this game on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. LBP3 didn't click with me like the first two did, but I'm having a ton of fun with this. Have been streaming for some friends to check it out too.

Easily one of the best platformers I've played in the last ten years

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe we've been blessed with 2 great 3D platformers on the PS5 already.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Bought this game on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. LBP3 didn't click with me like the first two did, but I'm having a ton of fun with this. Have been streaming for some friends to check it out too.

Easily one of the best platformers I've played in the last ten years

Yeah, I keep advocating the game to friends as a great co-op have to have for the holidays.

It nails all the must-haves (snappy control, tons of moves, great co-op, 4K 60) while managing to constantly introduce new ideas for levels. It's a great veg out with friends game; very feature complete.

This console launch lineup really was leaps and bounds ahead of most I can think of. If this is this gen's Knack/Kameo/etc, then the bar has been significantly raised.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Agreed, the PS5 loading times are super-fast, but the PS4 ones are fine. Plus, it's a cross-gen purchase, I believe. (Or, at least, the copy I got unlocked both platforms.) PS4 Pro version gets 60fps, tolerable resolution downgrade, and some reduction in world details (particularly blades of grass). In other words, if you aren't upgrading to PS5, this is a safe PS4 game to grab.

Biggest annoyance: no progress xfer between PS4<-->PS5.

Ah ok. Good to know if I get the PS4 one later on my disk will upgrade to the full PS5 version when I load it. That right?