• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
I love how each world has at least one song based on a pop hit. I recorded this one on my PS4 last night.

This is my second playthrough of this level which is why I'm skipping a lot of stuff.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I can second this recommendation. My kids have my Pro now and they played for hours today, having a blast. It holds up really well to the PS5 version.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Glad it turned out good. Will definitely pick it up as I clear out my currently playing list. We need more 3D platformers being made in general.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yup I agree I'm having a blast. It's really well done and it's a good mix of easy and hard

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
This is the main reason I want a PS5 so I can let my son play this and Astrobot. Of course I have struck out on buying one about 20 times, but hey.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
The game is great, the only thing I will say is I wish some of the haptic stuff was implemented to a higher extent like how it is in Astrobot it feels like that stuff is missing when I went back to controlling Sackboy after playing that game and walking around. I hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel because it really is so good and I would keep playing these.

Playing this co-op has been such fun!
I think they were held back from doing that by also doing a PS4 version that doesn't have haptic! Totally agree tho!

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Really pleased to hear this. Didn't think we'd see Sackboy again and I just want him to stay longer this time.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'd get it but I have plenty to play already and it screams PS+ in a year

Sumo are great though, they have my loyalty after the GOAT Sonic Racing Transformed

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Yeah, I was definitely surprised -- picked it up to play with my 3-year-old son, but I end up playing longer than I plan to ever time. Nintendo-quality stuff.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
So how do you upgrade the ps4 disc version to ps5? My game will arrive tmr but ps5 next week.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
You just put the PS4 disc in the PS5 I believe. Careful, I don't think there's a save transfer yet, that's by the end of the year iirc.
I will be starting the game on ps5 right away so it's all good. Just want to make sure I'm playing the ps5 version instead of a ps4 version via BC on ps5.

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, just bought it digitally. It is downloading now. Between this and the impressions thread, I just couldn't hold out anymore. I was already interested lol, but I cannot wait any longer.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm thinking of picking this up now on PS4 and just playing on PS5 later whenever I finally get one.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
My PS5 isn't coming til thursday smh but Sackboy arrived on time. Playing on PS4 and I'm glad it made it lol it's the type of inviting game you want during these times.

The art style is gorgeous and I really dig the music, glad the game made launch!

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone explain what all of the different orbs do? I don't quite understand. Are the gold orbs currency?

Also, if you can play this game in coop, it's a lot of fun! I can't believe how good it looks too. I wish online multiplayer was in day 1 and I wish there were better haptics. It feels nothing like astrobot. They should have just put out the ps4 version at a later date and focused on the ps5 version.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
This game is great, though I actually think it's getting too hard for my kids to play. It started fine but damn, it starts picking up lol. The licensed music is great. Is there a list anywhere?

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I like the music and the costume variety. The challenge stages are also pretty fun. The main game itself though...kind of meh to me tbh.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Playing this with my girlfriend and we're having a blast. I wouldn't want to play this solo, but coop is an absolute blast.

wastingmyyouth

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
This game looks like a ton of fun, but not sure about $100 AUD, or investing in another controller to co-op with my wife.

Hopefully an early candidate for PS Plus.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I bought it but have not played it yet. I always loved the IDEA of little big planet. I loved the cuteness of it and the customization but I hated the whole 'create' thing. I just wanted a game that had a wonderful SP platforming campaign and this looks like exactly what i've been wishing for.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Good to hear. My wife rarely picks up a controller but LBP was once our go to co-op game, and she's happy to hear there's a new one.

Nov 19, 2017
Can anyone confirm that this is good to coop with a young one? My son is 7 and plays simple games, wondering how difficult this may be.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Having fun going through it with my wife, kids also like it. Like it more than 3D world honestly. Something about that Mario game was just off.

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
I'm enjoying this more than Miles Morales and Demon's, it's just calling to me everytime I turn on the PS5. Maybe I'm just in the mood for something like this and I didn't even realize.

The graphics are so gooooood too goddamn

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm shocked this one is sitting in the 70s on Metacritic. One of the best, most pure and joyous video games I've played in years.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Might have to pick it up soon. Astrobot Playroom was a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind another fun colorful platformer.

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I started playing this after I beat astrobot. First level I thought it might be a bit simple, but it's really grown on me and I just 100%'ed the first world. PS5 launch lineup has been amazing