• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Screen-Shot-2020-02-04-at-10.06.56-AM-e1580832496529.png

This is by the same director as The Void, which was very low budget but nonetheless is one of the better-received Lovecraftian-inspired films in recent memory. (I loved it personally)

I've been looking forward to this one for a while now. It looks to be a cross between Power Rangers and a splatter flick with tons of humor.

Here's the official plot synopsis and trailer:

Siblings Mimi and Luke unwittingly resurrect an ancient alien overlord who was entombed on Earth millions of years ago after a failed attempt to destroy the universe. They nickname the evil creature Psycho Goreman (or PG for short) and use the magical amulet they discovered to force him to obey their childish whims. It isn't long before PG's reappearance draws the attention of intergalactic friends and foes from across the cosmos and a rogues' gallery of alien combatants converges in small-town suburbia to battle for the fate of the galaxy.

Dec 30, 2020
Oh god I really like the look of this. And the monster designs put me in a nice Screaming Mad George/Eek the Cat kinda place.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've been looking forward to it.

Had no idea it was the same guy who did The Void. That makes me even more into it.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought The Void was a turd outside of the SFX work and the general vibe but this looks fun in a fucked up gory way.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Just watched it and loved it. It's like ET meets Hellraiser meets Gwar meets Power Rangers. Just rubber suits and corn syrup everywhere

Even better, it has a rap song about the events of the film during the credits, a thing that doesn't happen nearly enough anymore.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched it and loved it. It's like ET meets Hellraiser meets Gwar meets Power Rangers. Just rubber suits and corn syrup everywhere

Even better, it has a rap song about the events of the film during the credits, a thing that doesn't happen nearly enough anymore.
I loved that bit. It was so close to that Partners in Kryme song I had to watch through the entirety of the credits to see if it was them.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the Void a bunch, but this looks like a totally different bag of tea. Curious.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just watched it, it was okay.

Psycho Goreman is a great character, easily the best thing about the film, but the human characters weren't amazing ranging from annoying to just about bearable. I loved the practical effects, the costumes, puppets and stop motion animation were all very good. There was a satisfying amount of gore also.

Overall it was enjoyable, but from the trailer I was hoping for better.

End credit rap was great but People Under the Stairs is still king for that.

Oct 27, 2017
Thought it was a lot of fun tbh. Certainly what I wanted and expected from it. The young girl lead is A Lot and may be irritating to some.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Just watched it last night. Love how
Bio-Cop
just randomly shows up and basically wanders through the movie. Adam Brooks is fantastic as the dad, and the daughter is a fucking delight. I know this wasn't technically Astron-6, but they're all there, and I love it. It feels like a spiritual prequel to Manborg in so many great ways.

Seph13

Jan 4, 2018
Just watched this and thought it was great!. I've seen lot of really bad horror comedies, but the humor/tone in this one actually really landed for me. Pretty big departure from The Void.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This movie was completely ridiculous. Like they got the local neighborhood to act in a movie directed/written by someone that knows 80s humor and the actors werent total shit like you'd expect. I don't know. It doesn't always land but it uses that Power Rangers energy to force its way through to something good i guess.

SoWizardBreh

Oct 30, 2017
This movie was amazing. Exactly what the trailers promise. 5/5 for me.

I will say that if you aren't feeling the vibe in the first 5-10 minutes, this ain't for you.

Chubnasty

Banned
Sep 26, 2019
I really enjoyed it. I don't think I'd have enjoyed it as much if the artistic style and character (monster designs) didn't remind me of GWAR.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this a few months ago and loved it. I was thinking about giving it a re-watch, but I'll wait for a Blu-ray (hopefully!).
The entire Astron-6 crew deserves more fame and money to make their ridiculous films.

Edit: awww shit yeah!
l0PUWQW.jpeg

Limited "Hunky Boy" Ultimate Edition - Only 2000 made!
Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Combo
Includes package of 5 collectible trading cards (Exclusive to Raven Banner)
Three commentary tracks (2 Exclusive to Raven Banner)
Behind the Scenes Featurettes x 4
Interviews x 2
Trailers x 2
Exclusive Easter Eggs (Bio-Cop? Commercials? Maybe... Maybe those and more!)
Reversible Cover Art
Full Soundtrack on CD
Region Free - Ships Worldwide

Last edited:

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
its pretty good. a R rated Power Rangers-y thing that zips by at a kinda tight 100 minutes. Maybe not $40 great, but a good time.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
Saw this a few months ago and loved it. I was thinking about giving it a re-watch, but I'll wait for a Blu-ray (hopefully!).
The entire Astron-6 crew deserves more fame and money to make their ridiculous films.

Edit: awww shit yeah!
l0PUWQW.jpeg

I'm so glad I saw this post before I ordered the BR off of Amazon. I'm a sucker for commentary tracks so this version is a no brainer.

Also, this movie is amazing. Watched it the day it came out and it is easily the most fun I've had with a movie in a long time. There are few things in life better than rubber monster suits. The return (sort of) of Bio Cop almost had me cheering. The sequel needs even more Adam Brooks.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad I saw this post before I ordered the BR off of Amazon. I'm a sucker for commentary tracks so this version is a no brainer.
Glad to be of service! :)

Also, this movie is amazing. Watched it the day it came out and it is easily the most fun I've had with a movie in a long time. There are few things in life better than rubber monster suits. The return (sort of) of Bio Cop almost had me cheering. The sequel needs even more Adam Brooks.
Agreed on all counts! I was surprised to find out that Bio-cop is the same actor, too.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
What was the name of that movie, kind of with this vibe, that was on Netflix for a hot minute?

It was a post-apocalyptic future, boy meets girl, and this gang had saw blade launchers or something of the sort. Irreverent gore fest, dark comedy. Good soundtrack.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
What was the name of that movie, kind of with this vibe, that was on Netflix for a hot minute?

It was a post-apocalyptic future, boy meets girl, and this gang had saw blade launchers or something of the sort. Irreverent gore fest, dark comedy. Good soundtrack.

Turbo Kid probably. Absolutely wonderful movie.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
This movie was everything I wanted and more.

It is so gloriously stupid with great costumes and effect work.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Everytime i see this title I always think it's Pronounced "Go-Ray-Mon" Like legend of Goemon. Either way, I NEED to see this

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
The dialog in this is amaaaazing. It's truly fantastic what can be made when the filmmaker isn't up their own ass. This movie is fun as fuck. Goreman as the comedic straightman Eldritch God.

Nov 11, 2017
Steven Kostanski is a great director and all, but we all know what REALLY made the movie great- beloved podcaster and all around cool cat Stuart Wellington's iconic role as Tube Man

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this as a double feature at the drive in along with Monster Hunter. Can't believe Monster Hunter wasn't the worst thing I saw that night. Good lord this was awful. I can't imagine anyone over the age of 9 finding it funny or entertaining.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I saw this as a double feature at the drive in along with Monster Hunter. Can't believe Monster Hunter wasn't the worst thing I saw that night. Good lord this was awful. I can't imagine anyone over the age of 9 finding it funny or entertaining.

You strangely sound exactly like Psycho Goreman deconstructing humor

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished this. hi-fucking-larious. Mimi is an annoying little brat but at some point you just go with it. She is a little shit though. And pops was fucking hilarious. What was the boys name again?