• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Checkpoints and collectibles are at times bugged due the server's being hammered by cloud saves for play anywhere. I switched to offline mode and it's being smooth skiffing for me.

Abudiix

Sep 8, 2018
Malmö, Sweden
I just faced this exact problem. The save icon was loading infinitely and I couldn't restart check point or return to main menu. I quit the game and was forced to go back 15mins

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
Ive not had any problems yet. Just a message that I got disconnected from server, but no real issues

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can you play offline mode if you have it from gamepass? I kept trying to do this last night when Xbox live was down but it wasn't working.

I set my Xbox to offline mode but it wouldn't let me access the game.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just had the same issue and was about to post about this. 2 sections so far where i lost all progress and had to replay around 15-20 min from the last big checkpoint, all collectibles etc gone too

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Checkpoints can still mess up in offline, but generally speaking it has been a lot smoother for me than when connected online.

swimming

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do I choose to play offline? There's no option in the menu

Kinda dumb it doesn't let me from the jump.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I've had to go through four bugged progression triggers -> reload checkpoint -> infinite loading -> restart entire application cycles so far, losing about 15 minutes of progress each time, so hopefully going offline will let me smoothly skiff my way to the end of the game.

The fact that the game defaults to being online and won't even let you just play the campaign without setting up a lobby is just asking for trouble like this.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
How do I choose to play offline? There's no option in the menu

Kinda dumb it doesn't let me from the jump.
Go to your Xbox's network settings and change it to offline.

Can you play offline mode if you have it from gamepass? I kept trying to do this last night when Xbox live was down but it wasn't working.

I set my Xbox to offline mode but it wouldn't let me access the game.
I'm playing it with Game Pass and it still lets me play offline. It won't work if you game share with anyone, since your Xbox has to be set as your home console in order to play digital games offline on it.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird. Mine told me it disconnected and reconnected to Live a couple of times the other day during the campaign, but it never kicked me out or lost progress.

Damien1928

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I've lost progress twice, losing about 15-20 minutes everytime, it's pretty disappointing to say the least and it's kinda ruining my experience

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
hmmm, I wonder if that's why my game hasnt been collecting any stats like time played on the achievement/stats menu

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the checkpoints are bugged as fuck for campaign. It's really shitty you keep going back a chapter. I keep it on standby mode and dont close the game down now

Raised in a Barn

Chicken Chaser
Mar 26, 2019
Such an embarrassing launch. Twice yesterday I hit a softlock and the game wouldnt let me progress and had to restart only to lose progress.
Really shitty when you play on insane.

Like why would a server issue cause the scripting to fail?

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can you imagine how many people must be playing this game coz of gamepass. I hope they sort these issues asap.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Checkpoints and collectibles are at times bugged due the server's being hammered by cloud saves for play anywhere. I switched to offline mode and it's being smooth skiffing for me.

Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
Annie, are you ok?
So, Annie are you ok?
Are you ok, Annie?
You've been hit by
You've been hit by
A smooth skiffing!

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh so that's what happened to me earlier. Never ending loading and the game not letting me progress.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
We've got a product for you if you want to play Gears 5 on a nuclear submarine. It's called the offline mode.